Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 14011 times)

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Wish List
« on: September 04, 2006, 10:12:46 AM »

There is a "Wish List" for Active Home Pro.
It would be nice if it was separate.
One of my X10 wishes is for back lit devices like the MT10A Mini Timer, TR16A Touch Tone Controller, etc., etc., etc...
Great devices BUT to operate them in the dark to turn on a light YOU HAVE TO TURN ON A LIGHT to see the buttons to turn on the light.
;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D But true !
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 10:17:05 AM by Otis69 »
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Wish List
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 10:24:38 AM »

...to operate them in the dark to turn on a light YOU HAVE TO TURN ON A LIGHT to see the buttons to turn on the light...
Good idea. I can't begin to count the number of times I've had to feel for the right button.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 10:58:04 AM »

...to operate them in the dark to turn on a light YOU HAVE TO TURN ON A LIGHT to see the buttons to turn on the light...
Good idea. I can't begin to count the number of times I've had to feel for the right button.

The Stanley-branded X10 MiniController (no longer in production) has the "All Lights On" button illuminated.  A nice touch - not quite as good as illumination of all buttons but it gets your fingers into the right position.

I suppose one problem with total illumination would be some people complaining it wasn't bright enough with others complaining it was too bright and keeping them awake!  So then there would need to be a switch or brightness control.  I know I've had problems with the brightness (being too dim) on a couple of different appliances which have automatic dimming after dark.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 11:37:15 AM »

One thing about the Stanley-branded X10 MiniController, (I have one in my bedroom, I've had for so long, I don't remember where I got it. It was bought back in the DOS days) only does the housecode that it has be set to.

I'm also moving this to the Wish List section of the Actiice Home Pro area, as it really belongs there.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 05:18:32 PM »

One thing about the Stanley-branded X10 MiniController, (I have one in my bedroom, I've had for so long, I don't remember where I got it. It was bought back in the DOS days) only does the housecode that it has be set to.

Another solution is to use Simply Automated's ZTP2 in combination with a SmartHome KeypadLinc.  Each button is individually configurable and they are all backlit.  According to Automated Outlet, it can be used with "All Insteon switches and keypads" (which are X10 compatible).  I don't know if it can also be used with the old X10 KeypadLincs or if they are too deep.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 09:26:52 PM »

One of my X10 wishes is for back lit devices like the MT10A Mini Timer, TR16A Touch Tone Controller, etc., etc., etc...
Great devices BUT to operate them in the dark to turn on a light YOU HAVE TO TURN ON A LIGHT to see the buttons to turn on the light.
;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D But true !

I had that problem with my home theater. I needed a small flashlight, to turn on my (X10) llighting when the movie ended.

I now use the logitech USB enabled, Web Page (Internet) interfaced remote control (I program it online). It sends a IR signal to an X10 Infrared Mini Controller (IR543). The remote is backlit, and even has a nice little LCD screen.

I know from looking at other theater remotes, some even send RF. Many incorporate X10 codes. I have thought of upgrading my easy-chair remote also, and would (of course) shop with X10 capability in mind. It would rid my endstand of the "remote clutter".

Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.