💬General Category > General Discussion

The cloud is down.

(1/3) > >>

HA Dave:
Back in the "old days" we'd often hear someone at work holler... the email is down... or the World Wide Web is down. (Those were the days.) Today I got my very first/only email notice that the "cloud is down". (See image below).

We all knew it would happen sooner or later.

Tuicemen:
Looks like they were smart enough to plan for this and allow control from inside your network.
So many companies fail to see the need until afterwards, even thought there are reports of this happening to other companies.
Hopefully you got the email before you started to play with router settings attempting to fix the issue.
I've read stories of users rendering their whole setup useless until days after a companies cloud based software server was back up.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on April 12, 2017, 04:43:14 PM ---Looks like they were smart enough to plan for this and allow control from inside your network...........
...... Hopefully you got the email before you started to play with router settings attempting to fix the issue.
--- End quote ---

I have multipliable ways to remotely control my ihome devices.... (besides the ihome app/cloud). Particularly the Wink hub, and the apple [home] app. And although I've never tried it.... I think... I could use the Alexa app on my phone.

From time-to-time.... I do find a reason to use my home control remotely... but not often. So much is programed into [things like] the CM15A, the house can take care of itself. But it was nice that they thought to notify their users 

brobin:
Here's another from Lutron pointing the finger at Microsoft.

SkipWX10:
(((((BUS)))))
  Microsoft

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version