Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motion Sensor Option  (Read 20120 times)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Motion Sensor Option
« on: December 09, 2006, 02:19:08 PM »

I know this isn't strictly an AHP Wish, but this is the only Wish List on the forum.  ;)

I would like a MSxxA Motion Sensor that can receive an X10 RF ON & RF OFF signals. I thought about this a few times, and after marineau's post today it was time to put it on the wish list (cause it would solve his problem too).

I have many MS's around my home that are primarily for security but some also are used for turning lights on at night as we pass through a zone. For the light control, simply setting the MS to detect only in dark would work... but is not practical to lose half of my home security during daylight when no one is home.

I find the MS's I have in high traffic areas all too often clutter the airwaves with useless RF transmissions, that sometimes useful MS signals get missed by AHP and are not triggering their Macros properly. Having the ability to turn them ON & OFF remotely would also free up some Status Flags and simplify some Macros.

The more power you give to us, the more powerful your products become.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Motion Sensor Option
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 03:00:40 PM »

...I find the MS's I have in high traffic areas all too often clutter the airwaves with useless RF transmissions, that sometimes useful MS signals get missed by AHP and are not triggering their Macros properly. Having the ability to turn them ON & OFF remotely would also free up some Status Flags and simplify some Macros...

How about splitting off the high traffic area Motion Sensors onto a separate HouseCode, with their RR501/TM751 controlled by an AM486 as needed?

CLICK HERE:
;)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 03:03:40 PM by TakeTheActive »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 05:02:12 PM »

How about splitting off the high traffic area Motion Sensors onto a separate HouseCode, with their RR501/TM751 controlled by an AM486 as needed?

The MS's will still transmit and be received by the CM15A to cause AHP to sometimes misbehave.  ;)

(By misbehave, I mean they can interfere with other less traffic motion sensors from being recognised by AHP.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 05:10:39 PM by Puck »

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 06:20:57 PM »

The MS's will still transmit and be received by the CM15A to cause AHP to sometimes misbehave.  ;)

(By misbehave, I mean they can interfere with other less traffic motion sensors from being recognised by AHP.)

Try: :-

• DISABLE all Transceived HouseCodes in AHP

• DISCARD any TM751s and only use RR501s (with PLC Collision Avoidance)

Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 06:30:27 PM »

• DISABLE all Transceived HouseCodes in AHP

Still receives... just doesn't send to power line ;)

Plus I don't transceive my motion sensor house code anyways.... they only trigger macros... no direct control of anything.

• DISCARD any TM751s and only use RR501s (with PLC Collision Avoidance)

I don't use any extra tranceivers for Motion Sensors.

It's the unwanted RF transmissions from them I'd like to be able to turn off when not needed.  :)

vhoang

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
    • Automation Tips & Mini DLLs
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 09:26:42 PM »

I find the MS's I have in high traffic areas all too often clutter the airwaves with useless RF transmissions, that sometimes useful MS signals get missed by AHP and are not triggering their Macros properly. Having the ability to turn them ON & OFF remotely would also free up some Status Flags and simplify some Macros.

If you have spare time & cash, consider playing with WGL's W800RF32A.   It's fun pumping out the near Raw RF data and
trying to find good X10 messages in a overlaped stream of transmissions.   You may have better luck in finding things that the
CM15A or AHP decides is a not fully compliant X10 message and drops because of repeat counts / etc.

Here are some notes i've discovered:
http://www.tipsternet.com/articles/w800rf32a.html

I'm also working on a USB message decoder to try to intercept messages that goes to AHP.   Then I can test if it's the CM15A
or the Software that makes most of the RF decoding logic.  (I suppose I can just ask, but where the learning in that  ;))

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 02:40:15 PM »

I agree with you Puck.  Even if you turn off the transceiving of the house code, you are still generating a lot of RF traffic. 

One idea a read a while back was to connect a wired in motion sensor to a powerflash module and have that plugged into an appliance module.  That way when the appliance module is turned off, the powerflash is disabled.  If the motion sensor isn't part of an existing security system you will have to power it somehow.

I have been wanting to do this to detect if anyone is home in the evening and not turn the lights off if they are.  Once I have detected that someone is home, I don't need to detect motion in the main areas until the next day.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 06:47:37 AM »

Quote from: puck
I would like a MSxxA Motion Sensor that can receive an X10 RF ON & RF OFF signals

I also agree with you Puck. I have several motion sensors that I wish I could easily disable. One is at my front door and on windy days it is constantly sending out RF. I have a flag that I set so no action is taken when the signal is received but it still would be nice to not have the RF signal sent at all.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

MeThinks

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 11:05:34 PM »

All I want is for the motion sensor to look for motion only as often as the delay time to off you set it for, that way there isn't a xmission ever freakin second!

8)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.