Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can I Restore Data From CM15A to AHP on PC?  (Read 10367 times)

2Geckos

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can I Restore Data From CM15A to AHP on PC?
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:15:13 PM »

Recently I had a system crash but my CM15A interface is still working. 

Can I download the contents of my interface into ActiveHome Pro?

I have 40-50 modules installed but don’t have the House codes written down and do not want to check each module for its House code.

Thanks much!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Can I Restore Data From CM15A to AHP on PC?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:31:36 PM »

Nope.

It's one way: AHP to interface.

As long as the interface is working, your timers and macros will continue to function.

One piece of advice: Always back your .ahx files every time you make a change. Make sure your backups are on a different drive than where AHP keeps them (C:/Program Files/ActiveHome Pro) either a different hard drive on your system (hard drives are so cheap that two will not break your budget and all PC cases will usually have two bays for hard drives) or backup media (usb or ZIP drives) it will save your butt.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Can I Restore Data From CM15A to AHP on PC?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 09:27:05 AM »

AHX files are very small and you can fit several on a floppy if your PC has a floppy drive (many newer ones don't) ::)
The addvice Dan gives I've echoed Many times ALLWAYS Back UP YOUR AHX FILE!!
2Geckos
I have 40-50 modules installed but don’t have the House codes written down
Why not some sort of backup ? ::) ???
Many times  files can be recovered from a system crash Unless you've already formated!(system restore Is one method)
If you can find them don't use them to upload to the interface as they probably got corrupt, but use them as a guide to build a New AHX file ;) :D ;D
As Dan stated AHX files are located in C:Program FilesActiveHome Pro Unless you installed to a different folder!
There are many ways you can lose a working good copy of your AHX files a system crash is just one. Installing AHP updates, Plug-ins are two other  popular ones.
I wish I could be of more help but looks like your going to Have to do what you don't want to do!  ;) :D
do not want to check each module for its House code
I have several backups one on another drive as Dan suggested(not the best), one on another PC, one on a floppy, and (the best) one on CD along with all the installs for AHP and the plug-ins! ;)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.