Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Latest Version of the LM465 Now Has "SoftStart"?!?  (Read 274641 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: Latest Version of the LM465 Now Has "SoftStart"?!?
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »

Is there any retailer from which one can order a LM465, and be assured that they get one of the new ones with "softstart"?   ???

I would really need a LM14A, but I don't require 2-way plus the LM14A have been officially discontinued.  Matter of fact, I usually turn that 2-way status return feature 'off' (and try to live with AHP trying to re-enable it).  I just need the pre-set dim, or the ability to turn 'on' and go directly to a dim level without going thru 100% first.  The new LM465 can do that, and therefore, makes a good choice for me.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »

Is there any retailer from which one can order a LM465, and be assured that they get one of the new ones with "softstart"?   ???

I would really need a LM14A, but I don't require 2-way plus the LM14A have been officially discontinued.  Matter of fact, I usually turn that 2-way status return feature 'off' (and try to live with AHP trying to re-enable it).  I just need the pre-set dim, or the ability to turn 'on' and go directly to a dim level without going thru 100% first.  The new LM465 can do that, and therefore, makes a good choice for me.

Some of the smaller X10 resellers on eBay are probably closer to the product details than the big guys.  I've gotten most of my stuff recently from Tim at "The Home Automation Store".  Try asking him (support@authinx.com) what he knows of his current LM465 inventory.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

cnpalmer

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2008, 12:43:26 PM »

Some of the smaller X10 resellers on eBay are probably closer to the product details than the big guys.  I've gotten most of my stuff recently from Tim at "The Home Automation Store".  Try asking him (support@authinx.com) what he knows of his current LM465 inventory.

I just purchased 30+ switches from THAS from their eBay store front. I must say, great customer service and they gave me a great package deal for the WS12A's & WS14A's I wanted. I actually received the X10 Pro counter parts to these the XPD3 & XPSS.

Also just purchased the USB video adapter from them too, lowest combined price I could find!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2008, 05:24:36 PM »

I just purchased 30+ switches from THAS from their eBay store front. I must say, great customer service and they gave me a great package deal for the WS12A's & WS14A's I wanted. I actually received the X10 Pro counter parts to these the XPD3 & XPSS.

All 30 were the new design with "softstart" ?   ???
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

cnpalmer

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »

Not all 30 were the XPD3, I have about 10 that are XPSS model. They all came from the same batch so I'm going to assume they are all the new design. Until I install all of them I do not know how else I can tell. From what I gather, there are no external markings or part number changes to see which ones I have.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2008, 08:12:55 PM »

...there are no external markings or part number changes to see which ones I have.
What are the date codes on them? Should have 2 numbers, a letter, and 2 more numbers. Some dates codes are tending to be the new ones. We might be able to tell you before you install them which ones are new.
If you would be kind enough to keep track of your date codes and post which ones are and are not the "new & improved" ones, it would greatly help the list that is being put together. What I've started doing as I put in new switches is to print a label with the date code and stick on the backside of the switch plate cover.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 08:26:29 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

cnpalmer

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »

What are the date codes on them? Should have 2 numbers, a letter, and 2 more numbers.

I checked all 15 of he XPD3 switches I purchased and they are all the same date codes.

I located a little round sticker on the back which read "07F23" on all of them.

Hopefully this helps.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »

I checked all 15 of he XPD3 switches I purchased and they are all the same date codes.
I located a little round sticker on the back which read "07F23" on all of them...
I think this is the most complete list that has been found so far and I didn't see "07F23" on it. Let us know if your switches turn out to be the new or the old ones so we can add that date code to the list.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2008, 11:32:02 PM »

...there are no external markings or part number changes to see which ones I have.
What are the date codes on them? Should have 2 numbers, a letter, and 2 more numbers. Some dates codes are tending to be the new ones. We might be able to tell you before you install them which ones are new.
If you would be kind enough to keep track of your date codes and post which ones are and are not the "new & improved" ones, it would greatly help the list that is being put together. What I've started doing as I put in new switches is to print a label with the date code and stick on the backside of the switch plate cover.

Yeah.  One of the problems we have in trying to figure out what tomfoolery X-10 is up to with the wall switches is that the date code sticker is on the back of the switch.  So reading the date code after installation requires at least opening up the switch box and pulling out the switch.

It would probably be better to write the date code on the front of the switch's aluminum plate with pencil or a Sharpie pen.

The "most complete list" you mention is for LM465, and given what we've seen there with the on-again/off-again "new & improved" it's unlikely there's any good correlation with the wall switches.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

cnpalmer

« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2008, 10:19:32 AM »

I think this is the most complete list that has been found so far and I didn't see "07F23" on it. Let us know if your switches turn out to be the new or the old ones so we can add that date code to the list.

My XPD3 switches are indeed the "new" models. These all have the same date code "07F23" and they feature the Softstart ON, Softstart OFF and DIM setting memory. I guess I just got lucky!  ;D

Now to figure out why it won't come ON from AHP!  ??? >:(

I could ask my contact at "The Home Automation Store" (THAS) what he thinks an if he has any further input.  :-\

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2008, 05:27:01 PM »

Did you define them to all be the LM14A module type?  I believe that is the only module that AHP knows about, that handles these new modules.

PS:  I am still looking for a sure source of the new type of LM465's.  I wonder if the "Pro" versions are a more likely to be one of them?

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2008, 07:12:09 PM »

My XPD3 switches are indeed the "new" models. These all have the same date code "07F23" and they feature the Softstart ON, Softstart OFF and DIM setting memory. I guess I just got lucky!  ;D

I could ask my contact at "The Home Automation Store" (THAS) what he thinks an if he has any further input.  :-\

Try programming them as an AM468 Appliance Module and see what sort of response you get from just simple On and Off commands.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

cnpalmer

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »

Try programming them as an AM468 Appliance Module and see what sort of response you get from just simple On and Off commands.

I've had the switch programmed as an LM14A lamp module and have had limited success with it receiving an ON command.

This morning I tried programming the switch as an AM486 appliance module. I had no luck with this one.

So far, my only success, which is EXTREMELY limited, in turning the switch ON, is with it as an LM14A. One the switch is on, I can DIM and turn it OFF and turn it back on as the Softstart OFF is ramping down. But once it is OFF, it's a crap shoot if I can get it to go back ON again.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2008, 06:45:35 PM »

In the X10Pro site I just noticed that some of their modules are listed as "New Soft Start Model" even the XPDF fixture module is listed as Soft Start.
http://www.x10pro.com/

LittleLarry

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2008, 11:12:03 AM »

Well, it looks like it has been a few months so I was just checking if there is any more info on the new LM465's?

And I just want to be sure I understand the soft start feature. Does it truly allow the LM465 to be able to power an incandescent on without ramping all the way up to the full wattage of the bulb and then going back down to the dim level setting?

I think that powering to full and then going back down is very wasteful and also a little tacky looking compared to just dimming up to the desired dim level from the off state.

Also, I keep reading about the Leviton lamp modules. Are they really worth the price?

I am looking for cool dim effects, etc. for 40 watt incandescent bulbs but I do not want to waste too much money either, but do not mind spending money for quality products, which, at present, makes me wonder if x10 is a quality product or not, especially if some of the x10 companies do this kind of crazy upgrade without changing the model number. That just seems very wrong to me and could cause all kinds of problems. I don't see how something like that could get past the quality control department of any company.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:13:58 AM by LittleLarry »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.