Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: *ONE* THREAD for Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!  (Read 430247 times)

moocow

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Windows Vista & Unsigned X10 Drivers [D]
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »

UAC is "User Access Contol" which you can turn on or off under the User Accounts selection on your control panel.  Turning it off allowed me to modify and save the CA506AV.inf file in Notepad, but the VA11A will still not iniialize and run.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:42:33 AM by moocow »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: 64 Bit Drivers? [G]
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2007, 06:58:34 PM »

Which makes me glad I bought AHP when I did.  Other than one version (3.203), which was buggy and almost immediately replaced by the current version (3.204) the upgrades from 3.187 were all good.

3.204 came out in July last year, but there may not be another upgrade for quite a while.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tinnman357

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2007, 05:57:26 AM »

Hello all,
     I'm new to this, thought I'd share my experience. I tried this.

Guys,

I found a way to get the VA11A working in Vista... at least it worked for me.  Some of this may need to be done as the administrator.  I have UAC turned off, so I am not sure. ;-)

1.  After installing the drivers along with ActiveHome/Iwitness or Vanguard or with X10Drivers.exe, plug in tha VA11A
2. Vista will attempt and fail to install the drivers.
3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture"
4. Open the file CA506AV.inf in Notepad and find the following section:

[SPCA506AV.CopyDrivers]
CA506AV.SYS
STREAM.SYS

[SPCA506AV.CopyCodec]
IYUV_32.DLL
MSH263.DRV

5.  Change that section as shown below... (add semicolons in front of 3 lines...

[SPCA506AV.CopyDrivers]
CA506AV.SYS
;STREAM.SYS

[SPCA506AV.CopyCodec]
;IYUV_32.DLL
;MSH263.DRV

6. Save the file, and close notepad
7. In the device manager (Right-Click on "My Computer" and choose Manage) Expand the USB section and find the VA11A that should show up there as a non-working device.
8. Open the device, and chooose "Re-install driver".  Tell vista you want to locate the driver yourself, and browse to the folder above.
9.  Vista should warn you the driver is unsigned, but allow you to install anyway.

------------------------
As an option, you may want to edit the .inf file *before* plugging in the VA11A...  I suspect that would work also, but did not try it myself.   You would still get a "install failed" message when vista attempts to install the "audio" portion of the capture device.  That shouldn't matter, as the VA11A doesn't support audio anyway.

Dave
bnocturnal

would not work for me, Then I tried 

It WORKS !   
But I also had some issues getting it to work and finally had to uninstall the device inside Device Manager, close everything and reboot. Let windows redetect the devices when it starts back up and don't do anything until after it's done with start up. When it's done, go to Device manager and you should have 2 unknown devices. One for the VA11A and one for the Audio Capture (which still doesn't work yet). Just open the one for the VA11A (it'll have an entry under RESOURCES similar to this:  "USB\VID_0733&PID_0430&REV_0090&MI_01") And you'll finally see the REINSTALL driver option on the front General tab. Then follow the instructions to manually select / install the driver for it as mentioned in the instructions and when the Red Warning box appears, click on Do it anyways, and it'll finally isntall the driver.

It worked!  but not for long. Left it to run overnight . Got up this morning to find system in sleep, woke system up to find it had shutdown (due to error dont remember what it said) tried to restart vanguard and back to the same crap. And now the alternate method above (reinstall driver) doesnt seem to work  ??? any ideas? Also I would like to thank all of you for your time and effort trying to fix something that X10 should have addressed a long time  ago.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 06:11:01 AM by tinnman357 »

moocow

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2007, 09:06:53 AM »

The alternate method, where the VA11A shows up as a non-working device along with the Audio Capture device, doesn't work for me either, I still get the "failed to install" message after updating the driver.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2007, 01:04:49 PM »

The person responsible for writing drivers is still at X10 as far as I know, so at least it's still possible from them to update the drivers. Having the time or direction is a different story.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2007, 03:45:19 PM »

If that's the case, it's a shame you left the company. As X10Pro, you were in the position to get things done.

Whoever at X10USa that's doing programming, they are virtually ignoring both the 64-bit driver and the "Newer Version on Server" problem, both of which are not new problems. It seems nobody at 10USA is interested in solving the problems, just sell the Add-Ons and the Hardware.

Judging from the posts on these ongoing problems, I'm very glad I never bought into the Add-On hype.  My plain AHP/X10 system does for me what I want it to do. No fuss, no muss.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

moocow

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2007, 08:08:29 PM »

Finally got the VA11A driver to install and the Vanguard software to start with Vista Home Premium through a mix of the tips listed here.  I'll try to retrace the steps and post them later.

moocow

« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2007, 08:11:42 PM »

Both of these suggestions were posted before in this thread, but the folllowing worked on my home computer running Vista Premium Home Edition.

Turn off User Access Control (UAC).  It's under your user profile, and is tuned off by unchecking the box in the window that appears when you select this control.

Click on start, type CMD in the search box, then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter to open the DOS-type dialogue box as an administrator.

Type bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and hit Enter

You can now install the unsigned driver for the VA11A.  You may go back at this point and turn UAC back on, as it will not affect the function of the VA11A driver once it's installed.

tinnman357

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2007, 08:53:33 PM »

moocow
hows it holding up? thanks for the tip

moocow

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »

Good....it shows up in Device Manager under imaging devices without the dreaded exclamation mark and without that "Can't Start" message after updating the driver.  When I first tried to open the Vanguard software, it wouldn't run but there is a workaround for that too

dgarces3

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2007, 09:09:25 PM »

HEY MOOCOW, DOES THIS TRICK WORKS ALSO FOR VISTA HOME BASIC OR JUST WITH HIGHER VERSIONS OF VISTA???? IVE BEEN TRYING ALL THE TRICKS BUT NO SUCCESS.... THANKS IN ADVANCE...

moocow

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2007, 09:50:45 PM »

It should

tinnman357

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2007, 01:05:10 AM »

didn't work for me either

moocow

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2007, 06:01:54 AM »

After entering the bcdedit command successfully, and modifying/saving the CA506AV.inf file with the semicolons, go to Device Manager and select the Re-Install Driver option for the VA11A, whether it shows up as an unknown device (there will be two if so) with an exclamation point or as a USB device with an exclamation point.  If it shows up as an unknown device it will be the top of the two selections, the other will be an audio device.  Choose the selection that you want to install the driver yourself, rather than have Windows locate a driver, and browse to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall location.  A red warning box will appear, select install anyway, and it will finally lnstall.  When sucessful, you'll see the VA11A under Imaging Devices in Device Manager with no exclamation point.

If this works, post back here and then I'll post what I did to get the Vanguard software to run.....it was easy in comparison.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 03:37:50 PM by moocow »

dgarces3

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »

@3.50pm Central Time
Dear Mr.  Moocow.
I re-apply the specifications  of what you said to do. This is what I did. I uninstalled all x10 hardware and all software from my computer. Then I restarted it to make sure the operations went suffessfully (I had UAC turned off from the start) then I reinstalled the vanguard software with the original drivers and when finalizing, It  said like usual, “rundll could not start phrase”. Then I went without rebooting to START, CMD and typed your specifications like this: "bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” and hit enter. The following phrase appeared: the operation completed successfully, which I supposed everything is going smooth until now and closed the cmd command prompt. Then I opened up the info file from my computer/local disk/program files/common files/X10/Driver Install/VA11A Video capture/CA506AV.inf to modify the VA11A info file by placing 3 semicolons in front of the phrases:
[SPCA506AV.CopyDrivers]
CA506AV.SYS
;STREAM.SYS

[SPCA506AV.CopyCodec]
;IYUV_32.DLL
;MSH263.DRV
 then I went to file/save and closed the file. Then I went to computer management in start/right click on computer/manage/device manager and saw the usb section expanded. I saw the: X10 USB firecracker Interface (ACPI-compliant), and the X10 VA11A USB capture adapter with a yellow triangle and a exclamation point in the middle next to it. It right clicked on the VA11A capture adapter and saw only 5 options: (1)update driver software, (2)disable, (3) uninstall, (4)scan for hardware changes, and (5) properties in bold. I do not see the option for reinstall driver. So I selected the options for update driver software/ selected the option: browse my computer for driver software/ hit browse/computer/program files/ common files/ X10/ driver install/ and here I tried to open the folder for the VA11A video capture but only gave me the option to select this folder and hit OK and next. It said that the best driver for this device is already installed, which is X10 VA11A USB capture adapter and I still see the yellow triangle with the exclamation point in the middle next to this adapter.
Next I went to device manager and selected “scan for hardware changes on the VA11A”, it said scanning for plug and play compliant hardware and nothing happend . I do not see an option for reinstall driver. I do not see where I am going wrong or doing wrong. can you pin  point what did i did or doing wrong.

PS: i know its kinda long but decided to detailed everything so you may see what i am doing and
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.