Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: *ONE* THREAD for Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!  (Read 429776 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Windows Vista & Unsigned X10 Drivers [D]
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2007, 11:14:02 PM »

That's probably why.

Since nobody from X10 USA has ever replied on this X10 Community Forum on the Vista compatibly, trial was the only way to find out.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 01:52:34 AM »

That's probably why.

Since nobody from X10 USA has ever replied on this X10 Community Forum on the Vista compatibly, trial was the only way to find out.

Yep that's par for the course for x10, Yep Yep!!  ::)

Tom j

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 10:11:45 AM »

I may buy a new Vista PC, but I have no plans of upgrading my current (X10 using) XP desktop to Vista.

I have upgraded MANY systems at work over the years (NT to Win98, and then new Win98 PC's to 2000, and then new 2000 PC's to XP professional). I have never seen consistent results over different computers. Some computers and their peripherals and (add-on) software upgrade flawlessly, others haven't been as successful.

For my computer at home I have generally choose to reformat and start over.

I have been following this thread with GREAT interest! I hope everyone will continue to post their own experiences with Vista and X10 to this thread. It appears to be the ONLY source for information on this we have.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

d2g2

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista [B]
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »

Well, I've upgraded a second PC to Vista, and guess what?  It doesn't work either.

I hope X-10 is upgrading their drivers soon so the internet control software works with Vista.

Robbo

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 08:19:44 PM »

I have Windows Vista installed on a system I just built.  All new hardware etc. AHP works just as it did in Windows XP.  Everything works great except iWitness.  No matter what I do, I can't change the Intel PC Camera to X10 VA11A USB Capture.  It shows up in "Device Manager" but no driver is installed.  I'll keep playing with it 'till I can find out what works.
Rob

Robbo

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 09:06:45 PM »

Here is a PS to my last post.
Bill's X10 Voice Commander also works perfect under Windows Vista Ultimate.
Rob

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 11:35:13 PM »

Here is a PS to my last post.
Bill's X10 Voice Commander also works perfect under Windows Vista Ultimate.
Rob

It does?   :o  Woohoo!

Thanks for the feedback Robbo!   8)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

CaptJaklee

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 10:07:41 AM »

I am about to install Windows Vista.  In the readiness section it advised me that I would have to find a new driver for Active Home Pro after installation.  I cannot find it on the website.  Can you help.

Just install Vista Premium and it seems like X10 updated their drivers for the CM15A but failed to update the drivers for the VA11A.  When you install the AHP Software, the Vista Software will update the CM15A automatically,  but not the VA11A.  So I guess everyone that has cameras installed will have to watch them on a TV monitor until X10 updates this.   ???

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
Re: AHP Video Adapter (VA11A) Does Not Install Under Windows VISTA [A]
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 01:02:22 PM »

Well, I'm still waiting, patiently, still haven't gotten any reply at all from Tech Support, and it's been weeks now. I mean even if they replied with the standard "we're working on it" would be better than no reply at all.
  I've tried every possible configuration, idea and anything else I could come up with to get the VA11A video adapter to work in Windows Vista, but, it won't accept it's driver for anything. Everything else appears to work, I can control the many other components I have from Transcievers , lamp and appliance modules to wall switches, can turn them all on, and off, no problem.
  I can't make any changes to the Time zone in the control module without it crashing on me, and shows my Time zone as "Custom" for some reason. I uninstalled and re-installed AHP and removed all files and locations, even edited the RegEdit app and removed all settings for AHP and anything else that it refers to, removed the batteries, unplugged it from its power source, let it sit for over 24 hours before reconnecting it, and still only get a "Custom" setting in the CM.
  I sure do hope that X10 is paying attention to it's customers and their need for support with X10 and Vista.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 03:41:29 PM »

The CM15A driver works and will continue to work because it's signed by Microsoft. Vista will work with any previously signed driver; it doesn't have to be signed as "Works with Windows Vista." Unlike Windows XP, Vista will not allow you to use unsigned drivers. That's why the VA11A driver doesn't work -- it's not signed.

Robbo

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 07:25:53 PM »

To: Bill - (of BXVC)

NO.... Thank you.  I have a lot of fun with your program.  I'm just glad it works so well with Vista.

Robbo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:34:55 PM by Robbo »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 06:39:12 PM »

...I have been following this thread with GREAT interest! I hope everyone will continue to post their own experiences with Vista and X10 to this thread. It appears to be the ONLY source for information on this we have.

Ditto...
I'm actively watching the forum for info also.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

darkstarz

• Darkstarz World
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »

I've written Tech Support a couple of times and regretfully have not received any reply from them so far. It makes me wonder if they are working on it, and if so why not tell us that instead of leaving us in the dark.
  I disagree with the post about the cause being the driver was not a "Signed" Microsoft driver, it wasn't with Windows XP but still allowed it to install and it worked just fine. The problem is Vista does not recognize the VA11A as an image device, period, but rather a USB controller device instead. When it does recognize the VA11A as a Video imaging device, a Intel PC Camera, it loads the proper driver for that specific device without any errors and shows up in the Device Manager as an actual Imagaing Device and not a USB controller.
Larry S.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 02:51:06 PM »

The biggest problem getting a Vista certified driver for the VA11A is that apparently X10 has suffered a serious fallout in the programming ranks lately, so Michael C's post was right on target

What I would suggest is to PM the heads of X10 USA, in particular Dave Rye, about the Vista/VA11A problem and don't stop until you get a satisfactory response. It's drastic, but it may be the only way.  The CO's and other senor posters here cannot get the problem resolved.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

darkstarz

• Darkstarz World
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 09:20:21 AM »

I finally got a reply from Tech Support at X10 in regards to the VA11A USB video capture adapter and Windows Vista, and it's a bit... depressing to me, to say the least, but at least now there's an answer for all the customers out there wondering the same thing. Here is their reply:

Quote from: X10 Email Support
Greetings!

We do not expect to have VA11A drivers for Vista until May 1st at the very earliest. Remember, a Microsoft operating system is not really trustworthy until the first Service Pack comes out. If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. Thanks for choosing X10!

X10 Email Support
http://kbase.x10.com/

You'd think that they would be on their toes and have things taken care of by now considering they provided Microsoft with an updated "Compatable driver" for their X10 CM15A, Active Home Compliant (ACPI) devices. And Windows Vista has been out in the field for many many months prior to it's actual release. They should have been working on the problems with the Vista Beta releases as well as the Vista RC1 release which was as close to the real thing as the final release of Vista.

[TTA Edit: Formatted QUOTE to emphasize it.]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:05:17 PM by TakeTheActive »
Larry S.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.