Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: x10 only Manufacture in China has shutdown.  (Read 18321 times)

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: x10 only Manufacture in China has shutdown.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 09:15:32 AM »

I sorta like the look of the new SkyLink security system.
SkyLink isn't new although it may be new to X10. They've been around for quite some time and what surprises me about X10 working with them is that they make some Insteon related products.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »

Give me a break guys! People are coming out of the woodwork [like cockroaches] repeating old rumors that have already been proven to be LIES. If they read the threads here they would know that. I mean... just think about it! If X10 closed it's doors and shut-down in August... like the original rumor... how could you be reading this forum.

I haven't seen the rumors proven to be lies. What I have seen is most X10 products are no longer available. I also don't see anyone saying X10 closed it's doors, just that they have stopped manufacturing X10 protocol products.

As far as the forum, I can show you sites all over the internet, still up and running, even though the company is out of business. I'm not saying X10 is though.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:39:53 AM by William8 »

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 10:50:38 AM »

I think the article that started the "rumor" is over here in the first post http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=24447.0  
Key below points seems to be consistent in light of recent events
1) >"its factories will cease making products for controlling lights and other devices over the powerline." quote from above article.
2) >"X10 has devolved into a somewhat trashy Website peddling cheap wireless cameras and other gadgets. That business may continue, according to sources." quote from above article
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:57:39 PM by pseeker »

kenrad

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »

I sorta like the look of the new SkyLink security system.
SkyLink isn't new although it may be new to X10. They've been around for quite some time and what surprises me about X10 working with them is that they make some Insteon related products.

Im kinda curious about the skylink swing door openers and latches are they compatible with x10 and how is it setup it ir strictly rf or can it be connected to a universal module to provide comtact closure.  I like the reliabllity of PLC as opposed to RF if possible.

Kenrad

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »

Yeah, I have yet to see anything that indicates X10 manufacturing has not shut down or that it will return.

Here you go:  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25476.msg144425#msg144425

The statement stands.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »

I haven't seen the rumors proven to be lies.

I exchanged emails with the originator of the "X10 is in receivership" LIE... and posted that information here on the forums (in two places). She admitted she had made up the story... but was pleased that it was being repeated. Ether your not reading... or you're just trying to make trouble.

I think it's about time we put an end to posts designed to discredit X10. A little rant here and there is fine... maybe even good for the group of regulars here. But this wholesale crapping where you eat.... is distasteful. Where is your shame.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

William8

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »

I haven't seen the rumors proven to be lies.

I exchanged emails with the originator of the "X10 is in receivership" LIE... and posted that information here on the forums (in two places). She admitted she had made up the story... but was pleased that it was being repeated. Ether your not reading... or you're just trying to make trouble.

I think it's about time we put an end to posts designed to discredit X10. A little rant here and there is fine... maybe even good for the group of regulars here. But this wholesale crapping where you eat.... is distasteful. Where is your shame.

I must have missed that, sorry. A link would be nice. None of my posts were designed to discredit X10, just pointing out what I have noticed. Why do you take it so personally? What do I have to be ashamed about? Relax.

HA Dave

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »

I think the article that started the "rumor" is over here in the first post ...................

Above.... I removed everything that isn't honest (or points to that blog link). YES... we all know and have read the lies posted on that blog. Repeating that LIE is just plain wrong! Calling X10 or its products names.... isn't proper.

Please note, The Forum does have an general etiquette. Please observe it.

• If you cannot find it in yourself to post nothing but a NEGATIVE RANT about X10 Products, then your post will be MOVED, not DELETED, to the General Discussion Forum by the members of the Community Forum.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:51:40 PM by HA Dave »

HA Dave

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 05:48:42 PM »

.... None of my posts were designed to discredit X10, just pointing out what I have noticed. Why do you take it so personally? What do I have to be ashamed about? Relax.

Oh trust me... I didn't take it personally!

I have nothing against ranting a bit about X10. I had hated their old Web Site with pictures of half-naked models and I didn't mind making that clear. But if your going to post negatives about what you notice... please take time to notice a little more accurately. I shouldn't need to point this out as I assume we are all grownups here. But the people that answer the phones and perform the various jobs and tasks at X10... are ALL REAL HUMANS. Whereas they may or maynot love their jobs... if X10 stops paying them... I'd bet most would have to quit showing up. This isn't the best time to be without a job.

However.... I am sure your a man of limitless means and you may fully plan to reimburse any X10 employees that could suffer loses due to your wreckless spreading of rumors. If that is the case... then certainly you have NOTHING to be ashamed of. I will just relax.... knowing you'll be doing the right thing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:53:04 PM by HA Dave »

William8

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 06:13:02 PM »

Nice rant. I guess the link I asked for (where she admitted to lying) was too much.

Funny you think I would be responsible for anyone at X10 losing a job, I did get a laugh out of that. I didn't spread any rumors, just pointed out that you can't curently get many X10 powerline products. Are you saying that's not true?

HA Dave

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »

Nice rant.

No rant from me.... although I am writting things I wouldn't think would need explained.

I guess the link I asked for (where she admitted to lying) was too much.

True. You can search the forums... it might do you good to learn how to search for information.

I didn't spread any rumors, just pointed out that you can't curently get many X10 powerline products.

Yes... your so right! We should all thank you for saving us from having to read the catalog ourselves. Thanks for the thoughtfulness.

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »

Peace!   No name calling on my part as they were direct quotes to contribute to the discussion: "x10 only Manufacture in China has shutdown."   I modified my original post to make that clear.  Finally I did not get the memo how you discredited the article.  If you haven't done so already, you can easily post the "memo" directly on Julie Jacobson blog entry in comment section and make your case there.  I would strongly suggest you do so to warn others like me.

I think the article that started the "rumor" is over here in the first post ...................

Above.... I removed everything that isn't honest (or points to that blog link). YES... we all know and have read the lies posted on that blog. Repeating that LIE is just plain wrong! Calling X10 or its products names.... isn't proper.

Please note, The Forum does have an general etiquette. Please observe it.

• If you cannot find it in yourself to post nothing but a NEGATIVE RANT about X10 Products, then your post will be MOVED, not DELETED, to the General Discussion Forum by the members of the Community Forum.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012, 01:49:49 PM »

Just to throw to the discussion some of what I found on this,  The report I read was from August and stated that x10 would stop manufacturing products.

http://www.cepro.com/article/the_end_of_x10

My setup right now is almost purely X10.  I may look into some insteon, UPB, and/or z-wave in the near future if the X10 market slows enough.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 01:55:31 PM »

Just to throw to the discussion some of what I found on this,  The report I read was from August and stated that x10 would stop manufacturing products.

http://www.cepro.com/article/the_end_of_x10

My setup right now is almost purely X10.  I may look into some insteon, UPB, and/or z-wave in the near future if the X10 market slows enough.
That "article" has been discussed on a different thread for a few months.
Here is the link to that other thread:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=24447.0
Apparently, one of the forum members contacted the author directly, and she admitted that she made the whole thing up.
You can read all the details in the other thread.

HA Dave

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »

..... My setup right now is almost purely X10.  I may look into some insteon, UPB, and/or z-wave in the near future if the X10 market slows enough.

I would never restrict my Home Automation (or my diet) to just one flavor. Although I mostly use X10... I use non-X10 and plenty of "non-X10 controlled" automation. There are no rules on what a good or proper setup consists of.

I've was never able to get a crystal ball to work for me. So... I really have no idea what the future will bring. But if you think GE is a well managed and cleverly positioned politically than Z-Wave should look pretty good to you. If you want to hang on to the coattails of the big boys like the alarm and cable company's.... aren't they invested in INSTEON(?).

The smart money would be on hangin loose and just waiting to see how things play out. But HA Systems aren't static... most people are constantly changing and improving their HA. Where do we go from here? And that is the question for most of here... I think. What do we do... whats next. Its a good time to own spare parts. Most stuff seems somewhat backwards compatible to the X10 protocol.

Remember..... we're all in this together.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:16:31 PM by HA Dave »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.