Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a light sensor?  (Read 48880 times)

Msradell

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Is there a light sensor?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »

As far as a variable signal based on light intensity, there's an add on module for the Ocelot that does that.  I've been using one for several years and it works great.  You can set up different events to happen at different light levels within your program.  Very nice feature if you don't mind spending a little more and stepping up to that level of automation.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:56:04 PM by Msradell »

X10 Ken

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »

The (dual) floodlight PR511 has an "adjustment wheel". The wheel supposedly adjusts from always active to completely dark. The X10 floodlights also has 4 unit code settings for motion.. as-well-as 4 codes for day/night detection.

Dave,

FYI, I wanted to set mine to only go off when it was REALLY REALLY dark (about 25 minutes after dusk).  With the control at its extreme setting, it still went on too soon.  I now use an AHP timer macro for my presonal dusk trigger.

Ken
==

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »

Dave,
FYI, I wanted to set mine to only go off when it was REALLY REALLY dark (about 25 minutes after dusk).  With the control at its extreme setting, it still went on too soon.  I now use an AHP timer macro for my presonal dusk trigger.

.......... It has been my experience..... that the floodlights determend it to be light AFTER the yard lights have already turned OFF, and dark BEFORE the yard lights turn ON. This is with the floodlight set to it's darkest setting.

That's interesting And similar to what I found.. that my floodlights determed it to be dark EARLIER (in the evening) than the standalone sensor I use. I also think the reaction time (to the light.. or darkness) is a bit slow. I like a quick detection of the darkening that occurs when a storm rolls in so as to warn occupants inside a home.

I have a real dislike of timers. I live in the Midwest... and cloud cover (as well as seasons, of course) plays a big role as to how light it is outside. Long before I discovered X10... I mounted a dusk/dawn detector outside that controls a receptacle inside. I use that to control my yardlights.

I REALLY like the floodlights (PR511)... but they do have limitations.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.