Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Won't Install - Getting "Corrupt Installation file" message  (Read 57565 times)

yurevn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Won't Install - Getting "Corrupt Installation file" message
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 05:57:50 PM »

I am also having the same problem can I also get the new file. Thank you.

zach1234

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »

Sure call 1 800 675 3044 sellect option 2 then 2 again. Have your order # ready.

x10guru

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 10:24:04 PM »

Once you do get the file to open that is where the real frustration sets in.You suddenly realize you just spent some your hard earned money on some of the worst software ever written and no support to boot.I have come to the conclusion this software is fatally flawed, and I cant believe that x10 hasn't been a defendant in a class action fraudulent merchandising lawsuit yet.After you do get it to install you will see it is plagued by "cant run dll as an app" error files constantly.I have spent over 40 hours trying every fix suggested by 10 tech as well as every fix on this forum.I ordered the package for use with my new vista laptop.This stuff will not work with vista I don't care what you read on this forum.So i  give up on putting it on the vista machine hoping it will work with my vaio Rb 52 windows xp desktop.It does install in Xp but again with all the "cannot run dll as app messages and crashes.While the premise of the software is awesome it just wont do what x10 says it will do.I'm gonna goad x10 thru this forum until
(1) x10 gives the buying customers some solutions  (2) another forum member gives me solutions that actually work.(3) x10 finally boots me because I'm digging into sales . Feel free to email me with your complaints as well as praise or help with this software ......minitman762mm@ yahoo.com
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:27:21 PM by x10guru »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »

I'm gonna goad x10 thru this forum until............

Gee thanks x10guru! But this forum is by-and-for X10 customers... just like yourself. We arn't X10 employees anymore than you are.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 11:08:55 PM »

Even windows won't support 98 any longer but you can still buy it if you wish too! ::)
This program was originally written for 98 expecting it to run in Vista is a stretch! ;)
Although some users have been able to get the Va11A working in Vista it requires some creative ways, which many don't have the patience for!
x10guru Instead of posting rants try working with some that have this working!
It is unlikely that X10 will respond to you here even without ranting, and it will most likely be the members here that will get you banned! :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

x10guru

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »

Ok peoples here is an update on my situation.I gave up on using with Vista and loaded vanguard into my Xp desktop.Install went great but program was giving me same "cant run dll as app " message.but it did have video and it was recording to my hard drive.But when i try to access video vanguard would crash.went to option checked "record video as avi file" and tried to open recorded avi files with windows media player.Major system crash with media player and got the "wolud you like to send info on this problem to Microsoft message.I clicked yes and sent info to Microsoft.Got frustrated and walked away and left machine on overnight.Woke up next day opened vanguard and started playing around again and suddenly its working.Now i can look in my documents and there are three new entrys one for stills, one for videos and one for snapshots all easily opened with a mouse click.I'm going to give the credit to Microsoft for this fix.Oh and thanx for your reply s.And on another note I also have to say that although tech support was limited in there ability to make this work they were making an honest attempt to help me out,And the purchasing experience itself was great.Fast delivery,everything i ordered was in the box etc.I am still hoping for Vista support in the future but customer support cant give me a time frame as of now.again thank everyone who has tried to help me with this problem yours truly x10 guru......................................

x10guru

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 10:29:21 AM »

Oh one more thing. I realize that getting a windows 98 program to run on vista is a stretch at best.my only complaint is that x10 should mention this fact in their adverts.I mean shoot windows 98 was what ? three operating systems ago right? you cant even buy a new computer that doesn't have vista preloaded software so  i think x10 should be a little more up front about this thats all.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 03:10:27 PM »

10guru
Nice to hear you have everything working!
I can't agree with you more! 
X10 needs to post disclamers or warnings with their software pages,especially for the ones known to have problems with Vista! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »

........I realize that getting a windows 98 program to run on vista is a stretch at best.my only complaint is that x10 should mention this fact in their adverts............. so  i think x10 should be a little more up front about this thats all.

Yeah I was thinking when I read your post... I bought my Vista laptop last March (shortly after Vista was released). If a year isn't enough time for them to get their product updated... they should at least post the fact it isn't.

asonico

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem. I need the install file emailed to me ASAP.

art_sonico@REMOVEyahoo.com   (remove REMOVE)

TIA

HA Dave

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2008, 10:12:58 PM »

I'm having the same problem. I need the install file emailed to me ASAP.

art_sonico@REMOVEyahoo.com   (remove REMOVE)

TIA

Sorry Art... this is just a forum of users helping each other (mostly). You will need to call X10... have your purchase info handy when you call. X10 will be happy to fire out a new download e-mail to you.

JGomez17

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »

I got the software and experienced the same corrupt installation error with a .dll file about 75-80% through the installation. The work around for me was to install the driver for your USB input device, i.e. the 11A or the CM19A. Seems that after I completed this, the file installed with no problems.

Rob

This helped me as well.

Went to: http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm
Downloaded X10 Drivers
Installed X10 Drivers

Installation of Vanguard then completed successfully.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.