Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Now we're having fun..."  (Read 10296 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
"Now we're having fun..."
« on: January 21, 2008, 08:18:32 AM »

An excerpt of an email to a friend:

Other than that – I’ve started X10-ing our place.  Motion sensors, sirens, door & window sensors – lights flash, horns blare, way cool stuff.  At 3:14 a.m. Christmas Eve morning, Lynne & I were in Boston.  The system went off – I had it set to phone my neighbors (it isn’t monitored – it will call whomever I program ….What’s your number???) – anyhow, they shut it off and took the batteries out.  There was no break-in - I think the heating system set it off... I’m still “adjusting”.  I put a motion-sensitive floodlight & video camera on the back porch.  If you walk up to the back door, you’re hit with two 3,000,000 candle-power lights, you get an immediate sunburn and the video camera takes your picture and emails it to me.  The UPS guy is really pissed!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: "Now we're having fun..."
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »

I have a ball with my X10!

I started with X10 for a "WOW factor" to use in my home theater. And.... that's what got me hooked!

I now enjoy the convenience of HA... and I like the security it provides as well. Being the son of a cop I know that the average burglar is often just a troubled neighborhood kid. Having a (spottable) camera system... and exterior detection and warning system... makes me feel like a responsible neighbor. The DS7000 provides an added level of security.

I came to the forum looking for ideas as to new ways to use more X10. I was directed to the Cheers Gang... and things haven't been the same since.

The "WOW factor" of my (Voice Controlled) Home Automation now way out-shines my Home Theater. And both the regulars and passerby's here at the forums and KDR's Home Automation Chat Rooms have been helpful and inspiring. 

It's all good!!!

..........  The UPS guy is really pissed!

And on the lighter-side.... you're lucky the UPS person isn't a lady.... you could be considered a stalker. Having all that stuff shipped to your house just so you could collect videos of her. ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:29:55 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Saber Dog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: "Now we're having fun..."
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:38:06 AM »

An excerpt of an email to a friend:

If you walk up to the back door, you’re hit with two 3,000,000 candle-power lights, you get an immediate sunburn and the video camera takes your picture and emails it to me.  The UPS guy is really pissed!

LOL
Doesn't all that light make them cover their face and defeat the camera from identifying them?  :D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.