Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: PC Companion (Voice Control, E-mail, Weather, Memos + more)  (Read 395155 times)

Elfmaze

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: [AHP Add-on] PC Companion (Sound, E-mail, Weather, Memos +)
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2009, 08:27:51 PM »

No worries,  I figured you were not ignoring me. The .net framework on my machine must have gotten damaged at some point playing with all these files and reboots.   Reinstalling .net framework from the link on you're site took care of the crashing from what i can tell.   

So separate batch files or .exe's as it may be.   

Just had a sucessfull full test run!  Minus the lights,   The software works GREAT!!! I didn't even need a delay between elements besides the weather portion and opening pandora radio.  Pandora would open far before my weather finished so a 32 second delay was necessary there.   Unfortunatly while it is reading the weather there is a bit of resource fighting and the voice skipps a bit while IE opens. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:06:16 PM by Elfmaze »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2009, 06:22:22 PM »

Version 3.0.4.6 just released
Small update:

Mostly bug fixes with some new weather graphics
Current weather conditions & graphics now display in the Weather triggers option
(Possibly leading to the option of triggering events on weather conditions in the future)  ;)

Download link is still the same: PC Companion
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:40:25 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2009, 07:12:29 PM »

I now have VB express 2008 installed on my Notebook with the current build of PCC.
I can now work on this from the cottage during the evenings!
I don't have internet access from the cottage but since the notebook has WIFI I can access the internet from else where to retrieve PMs and email and possibly upload a new build.
Bluetooth detection seems to work better with my notebook as well so I'll look into adding some options to utilizing that !
I've noticed some errors with running PCC from the notebook and I've worked out  most so this should also fix errors which are generated when running from a PDA.
Please don't stop the suggestions or error reports as I do enjoy trouble shooting! rofl
Although I don't have Vista or a 64 bit OS in my arsenal yet others do have it running on them so posting your issues may result in someone else helping you out! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

delta504

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »

Hi guys, love the possibilities of this piece of software.  I don't have an error report per say, just my own problem that I'm sure is my fault somehow as I may be missing something.  I've got Vista Prem that seems to run PCC just fine with no program errors, however I've tried 3 zip codes where I live plus one from the next state over and PCC gives me, "You have entered an incorrect City Code" when I select Read Info under weather tab.

I've saved my changes and I'm also trying to click the Weather toggle but absolutely nothing happens there.  My guess is becuase it, again, can't read weather for my zip's entered so just sits there.  Am I missing something in setting the weather for PCC?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »

I have the same problem.  I have internet access through a d-link router.  I'm wondering if I have to have a special setting on my router for it?  Tuicemen had told me once that that error was normally because of internet access.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

delta504

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2009, 02:25:47 PM »

Ah, I didn't think about it using certain ports.  Can anyon chime in on ports to forward on routers?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »

.... Can anyone chime in on ports to forward on routers?

If your using the Web to get the info.... Http is port 80.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2009, 11:02:15 PM »

I'm also having a couple of issues with Pc Companion.   Do love the possibilities with the weather info from the internet triggering a device.  It will speak the weather if I click on the weather button, but I can't get it to speak the weather with my remote.  Also can't get it to turn on a device after retrieving the weather from the internet. I did notice the X10 command is not showing up underneath the operator.  Also I can't get it to show the X10 log.  For some reason it keeps saying it will create one on the first command received.  I'm running XP Pro service pack 3 with 1.5 GB of RAM, AHP ver 3.236, CM15A. Just wondering what configurations other users are running and if they are having any other problems or am I doing something wrong.   By the way the floorplan is great!

Thanks,
systemdm

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2009, 11:18:01 PM »

It may be 3.236, that is a known buggy release. Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ and look for ahp_updt_204.exe
Install that over what you have now (it will not affect ANY plug-ins).  Open AHP and use the upgrade link to upgrade to 3.228, the last good version.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2009, 07:39:16 AM »

I'm digging into the weather section/option of this today.
I installed PCC on my notebook to see if installing on a stripped down system would make some issue appear for me!
It has brought some issues to light even some never reported. ::) :'

Dan Lawrence You may be on to something there.
since PCC uses which ever version of ahscript and x10nets AHP has loaded.
Some users have little or no issues with AHP 3.236 while others have major issues.
I'm running 3.236 myself in hopes to weed out strange occurrences.

delta504 & Hawk1 try running PCC on a PC connected directly to the net(no router) that will tell you for sure if it is a router setting that needs to be set.
I myself never had to set anything different on mine for PCC but did for AHP and MyHouse.
In your router setup look in the advanced settings and under port forwarding or filters enable pas threw filters if that option is there.

systemdm
users that have issues with PCC not reporting X10 activity or logging usually are using a Transceiver other then the CM15A
If I remember Hawk1 had this issue and resolved it.
If in AHP you have the option set to not transceive house codes I think you have to set it so it will then update the interface!
Hawk1 maybe able to chime in with the steps we took to fix his I know we spent many hours sorting it out!

In any case today is debug day  >*< keep your fingers crossed gang!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:57:07 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

delta504

« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2009, 10:24:20 AM »

Tuicemen, thanks much for your reply and reserach into these.  I tell ya what though, trying it again late last night worked well with the exact same setup.   ???   So I dunno what happened there.  It's updated by ZIP and reading off the weather fine.

hawk1

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »

Tuicemen and everybody else.  I have the v572 receiver so I had my cm15 not to transmit.  I had to change this.  First I configured the v572 to not use the codes that I was using for PCC.  Then I went into AHP and told the cm15 to transmit just those codes.

This fixed the problem with the VCR commander plug-in I was having and the activity log. 

I did try to hook to the internet directly and still gave me wrong zip code error.  I'm kind of wondering if it has something do with antivirus software, but I'm not sure.  Haven't had much time to look into this.  Right now I'm battling a bout with some tick fever and can't think very clearly.  Sorry.  If I think of anything else the Tuicemen and I went through I will keep it posted.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:38:56 AM by hawk1 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14:02 AM »

hawk1 You could be right about your antivirus. Since PCC has to access the internet for weather info firewalls and or antivirus programs must allow it to do so.  ;)
Hope your feeling better soon!

I've stumbled onto a bug in the weather report triggered by an X10 command it will require one to resave their settings once I have the update posted,
For now you can edit your "Mysettings.xml" file found in the PCC root folder. On the line that starts <X10code> make sure the correct X10 trigger is displaying if not change it!
Seems multiple saves to the configuration was adding the power setting ON/OFF multiple times ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hawk1

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2009, 11:35:19 AM »

Okay, ver 3.0.4.0 works with the weather on my xp pro pc with svc pack 2, avast antivirus with no additional setting to my d-link router.  However, ver 3.0.5.0 does not work on my home automation pc with xp home with all updates and no antivirus software running.   B:(  I checked the my settings xml and everything looks good there.

I still get the city code enterd isn't compatible. Check for correct spelling error when I hit the weather button.
I also get a error about the start index can not be 0 when I am in the program settings and hit the fetch weather button.  hope this helps.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »

Maybe 3.0.5.0 won't work cause I haven't made it yet!  rofl
I know your a little fuzzy right now so think you mean 3.04.5 is giving you the issues! :'
In any case I'll see what I can find comparing the two!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.