Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: PC Companion (Voice Control, E-mail, Weather, Memos + more)  (Read 395150 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: [AHP Add-on] PC Companion (Sound, E-mail, Weather, Memos +)
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 10:39:46 PM »

many of us over at KDR's chat are experienced users of both BVC and Companion (even the unlocked version with even more features).  Questions are gladly answered.
www.bdshost.com/ac
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »

... a manual is much needed for both PC Companion and BVC. 

Yes... I actually broke down and created UN-offical manual for BVC. It was on my old Geocities Site and is no longer available.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:23:53 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 10:37:01 AM »

I agree ... a manual is much needed for both PC Companion and BVC.  A lot of the functions and setups are just not intuitive.  I seem to spend a lot of time through trial and error until I'm frustrated and then I finally give up.  I would like to contribute a donation ... but I'm just not able to use a lot of the functions because of the lack of a user manual.  My bad!!!!! :-[

Guess that is where the money is(though I doubt it!)
;) :) :D ;D
I tried to make the FloorPlan mode as simple to use as possible, and from what I've heard even one users 4 year old uses it! :D ;D
True Companion can be involved if you plan to use everyone of it's feature but most users don't!  :(

I'm currently debugging a big add which adds ability to show each floor in a separate screen with a security lock! (over 2,000 lines of code)
Once I have all the bugs I can find sorted out I'll release it and get to work on a manual!  :'

In the mean time I'd love to hear how some of you are using PC Companion as I'm sure others would as well!
Most of the time developers can't see all the possibilities of their work for the see of code! rofl
 -:) Hey it might even lead to the addition of more features!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2009, 09:09:18 AM »

Once I have all the bugs I can find sorted out I'll release it and get to work on a manual!  :'
OK, looks like the time has come!
The new release  is on the server but not much in it for non supporters! :( Other then some small display fixes.
I'll now spend some time throwing together a manual and hopefully regenerate some interest in PC Companion ! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2009, 07:53:34 PM »

Well here it is gang, a real rough copy :-[  ::) :'
PC Companion Manual included in PC Companion since 3.0.2.1
If someone wants to polish it up feel free! I'll see about adding it into the program In a future Update!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:31:28 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2009, 10:45:36 AM »

Excellant.  I gave you a big HELPFUL.  I intend to follow the instructions explicitly as I set things up and test PC Companion's applicability to my environment over the next couple of weeks.  Thanks again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »

Thanks Don N,
I have noticed a couple of bugs while working on the Manual Seems Murphy got into my code ::) :'
Messed up some stuff like loading the Sound recorder and the Camera view load. Maybe a conflict will what I added for Windows 7 in any case I have those worked out now.
I gave Murphy his eviction notice some time ago so not sure if he snuck back in or I missed these from his last visit  :-[
The Manual is still just in Draft stage much improvement needed to it!  :-[
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2009, 02:23:41 PM »

.......The Manual is still just in Draft stage much improvement needed to it! 

A perfect manual is never needed. Just a good idea as to what can be done... and a sketchy idea as to how to do it... is all most users will ever need.

YOU DID GOOD!!!  #:)
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »

YOU DID GOOD!!!  #:)
Thanks Dave!
 I've since included how to use the batch file creator and It is now included in the install package.
A minor update with the Bugs I found writing the Manual and some other minor changes  like accessing the Manual from inside the program! ;)
Note: I updated the link to the manual (above)
 >!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:32:43 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 12:35:12 PM »

Just Updated the original first post here to reflect everything PC Companion can do As of now!
Hope I didn't miss something   :-[ ::) :'
I'm sure someone will PM me if I did! rofl
Also Have a new version on the server which Improves the speed at which the FloorPlan screen loads.
It also now displays correct state of each device on start up (provided the CM15A hasn't been removed from the PC or PC was off)
Also when switching back to FloorPlan view after minimizing now brings up the last floor you were in.
I change the way some save buttons react and update the manual!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jlp

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2009, 06:28:09 PM »

I will use this program.  It is very excellent for monitor all my X10 items (lights, heating, alarm on or off, mailbox, ...).  With TeemViewer, it is very simple to "see" my house when I am not at home.

I have application with Microsoft ACCESS to calculate the cost of heating, hot water, light, ....  I use the file Activity Monitor of Activehome Pro.  I will use the X10 Event log (file X10received).  This file is better than the file of Activehome pro.  No limit of data, always available and easy to use.

The PC Companion is a excellent program for me.
Imagination is the most powerful graphics card there is.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2009, 06:50:31 PM »

I will use this program.  It is very excellent for monitor all my X10 items (lights, heating, alarm on or off, mailbox, ...).  With TeemViewer, it is very simple to "see" my house when I am not at home.
Thanks for the high praise! ;)
I never thought of using Companion with a internet connection like TeemViewer or one of the others that give full PC access! It certainly would give a fast status report of your house devices
even if only using a single floorplan!
In the next update (Hopefully Monday) I've added a new way for Companion to react to security device trips via a batch file.
As well as some other cool adds!
Stay tuned! rofl
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 04:32:57 PM »

I had hoped to get this out before the weekend but there was a lot of testing to do!
I worked the Floorplan viewer to fix some bugs, allow for some adds and hopefully some cool new future ones ::) :'

Added features:

• Added weather display screen
  • Added option to display it in FloorPlan mode on weather button press
  • Added ability to trigger security lock down via a Batchfile (File Included)
  • Added blinking security shield bottom right of main interface if security is triggered via above batch file
  • Added same blinking security shield to all FloorPlans
  • Clicking on it will hide it till next security trigger restarting Companion will also reset it
  • Added ability for FloorPlan view to see dims and bright commands
  • Added dim values as reported by ActiveHome Dll to dimable light devices , value 100 & 0 are not shown
  • Made Security locked text movable text in FloorPlan mode
  • Added ability for CheckTemp batch file to check all 4 temperature setting instead of just the first
  • Added ability for hourly temperature checks
  • Added TTS to inform if temperature didn't match paramiters!
  • Updated manual to reflect changes and added a brief description of batch files included to date with PC Companion
  • Added ability to specify which FloorPlan to initially startoption found in the FloorPlan tab of Addition Settings
Some users still experience Batch files not closing properly! I've found if the CPU is maxed out it will cause this, also multiple batch file triggers will cause this (CPU overload)!
I've added another force close when Text to Speech is finished as a slow down seemed to make the program miss the first close command ::) :'
Since adding this I haven't been able to cause a batch file not to close however, once your CPU is close to maxing out the Batch files tend to take a long time to initiate!
The weather display screen displays a pic of current conditions as well as text of current condition plus the current weather. Not all conditions have pic as yet but I'm working on it!
If you get a condition with a N/A Graphic take note of the condition and e-mail it to me so I can add it for the display!
Note : I've added the ability for Companion to check for conditions every hour so you may have to reset that setting in your settup!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:11:24 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2009, 07:51:17 PM »

I'm getting excited! Latest test have proved I can get PC Companion to see Security device activity :)%
As of now getting it to show security trips on the FloorPlan that is active is easy!
Getting it to display correctly on an inactive display when made active is proving to be a hair puller :'(
I'm Not completely satisfied with the new way Companion is displaying the Modules :-[ Drag and dropping into locations can be a Pain. But at least once in location there is no need to move them  rofl
Hopefully I'll have a new update with the Security module Status option available soon!
Oh in case you're wondering I'm not using any additional x10 sends to do this! ;)
It does involve macros with AHP and the windows command option so you may want to get that work around for the AHP Windows Command Bug installed!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »

****Update: New PC Companion Version****Well I had to re code the FloorPlan  section of PC Companion.
Initial load wouldn't pick up all the newly added graphics :'(
This how ever allowed for some functions that would otherwise be unavailable!  :)%

I had to find a way for PC Companion to find devices added from previous builds this was easy, finding the graphics for each device was a little difficult!
About 80% of the time it finds the previous graphic assigned to the device! :-[ :'(  I had to enable users to change it to the correct one or one of the  newer ones I've included in the release.
Thus reentering the device  info, selecting the proper graphic, and pressing the Add button will  ask you if you wish to change the graphic.
Version 3.027 has few visibly noticeable changes:
  • Added new code "S" (non x10 controlled)
  • Added ability for Floor Plan to see Security device On trip's via Special Batch files
  • Added a few more conditions to weather display
  • Added ability to trigger weather forcast or current temperature read on a X10 event [/color][/b] This one is for you Dave_x10_L! ;)
  • Fixed multipule temp trigger error
  • Added 9 new graphic Sets for devices (located in the floorplan Folder)
  • Added ability to choose pics for named devices Companion lists these in a Drop-Up box
  • Added ability to change Device Graphic (The Add button will do this if device all ready exists)
  • Added some Graphic error catches
  • This allows one to use any Set of ON/OFF pics as long as the name of the pic matches the last word you give your device!
  • Added so name and address of device selected now appears in the text boxes(bottom left)
  • Updated the manual to reflect changes

You may add other graphic sets to the FloorPlan folder as long as one ends with "On" the other "Off" and they have a "gif" extention. PC Companion will see these and add them to the list of selectable device pics.

Note:
In order to use the new "S" house code with security devices will require the new PC Companion SecurityInformer plug-in.
I Created the SecurityInformer Plug-in for PC Companion so only one instance of Companion needs to be running!
SecurityInformer is not only for creating security batch files but it gets the info to Companion for processing
Companion will not see security batchfiles you make  unless you have security informer installed
Unfortunately SecurityInformer is not free! Nore is it try before you by. :(
To those that donated to PC Companion you have till the end of the week to submit files I requested for a free Copy of SecurityInformer! ;)
 >!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:12:26 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.