Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Voice Dialer Console  (Read 6714 times)

andrewg

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Voice Dialer Console
« on: April 18, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »

Do you have a product that can protect the Voice Dialer Console for the X10 security system?

I'm looking for a lockable strong box to house the Voice Dialer Console.  This unit is somewhat vulnerable in it's present state as any intruder can deactivate the system once they have access to the Voice Dialer Console. 

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Voice Dialer Console
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:20:40 AM »

Please only post the same question once; I just deleted the other 2.  ;)

The only product I've seen for this unit is a wall mount, and I don't think that is what you are looking for. You would be better of hiding or enclosing the unit into something on your own. Some have also disabled the internal siren so its location would be revealed.

andrewg

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:22:26 AM »

Thank you for your response.  How do you disable the Voice Dialer Console's internal siren?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 11:31:02 AM »

How do you disable the Voice Dialer Console's internal siren?

Unfortunately you have to disconnect it from the inside. There is no user selectable option for this.

WARNING: Opening the unit will void the warranty and the way this unit is wired inside, you can easily cause damage.

I have not done this with mine so I can't tell you if it is easy to do or not.

jtykal

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • It was working fine yesterday...
    • Casa Bella - Vacation Condo in Fort Myers, FL
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »

I didn't exactly disconnect my siren, but I did run the wire through a small toggle switch that I mounted in the left side of the case. Pretty easy to do if you're moderately handy with a soldering iron -- the wires going to the siren are easy to locate once you open up the case.  Be careful, though -- the wires are of a very small gauge and the solder connections to the circuit board are easily broken.

Of course, if you just want to disconnect the siren, all you need is a wire cutter.
AHP-CM15A(ext.ant)-SmartMacros-OnAlert-DoorMonitor(custom)-Win7

andrewg

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »

Sounds potentially damaging to the unit if you don't know what you are doing.  I would rather house the unit in a lockable strong box mounted to the wall.

Has anyone had success in locating a suitable box to mount the dialer console in?

zach1234

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 06:37:19 PM »

Give this a try: http://priority-store.stores.yahoo.net/savcdvrlobos.html Pricy but may work for what you need. Warning it will be bigger than a VCR or DVD Player.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.