Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Myhouse Remote Video  (Read 55012 times)

jhonny

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Myhouse Remote Video
« on: April 26, 2008, 03:55:06 PM »

hi. can somebody give a help with myhouse remote viewer. i can trigger any module but when i activate the camera no image meanwhile the status is video-connected

please advise

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Myhouse Remote Video
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:01:37 PM »

jhonny: Welcome to the forum. I split your post away from where you originally had it so that it would have a better chance of getting you helpful replies.

I myself have often connected to MyHouse successfully and seen the video connected, but no video appears. I'm sure that issue has to do with X10's server. Have you ever had any success with the MyHouse video?

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »

Hi Jhonny - I had the same problem today just to repeat what Puck said already about servers.  Normally it has not been a problem for me when logged into My House Online.  Biggest problem I have had is getting logged in during certain hours of the day usually early evening.

Hey Puck - Good bye line!

jhonny

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 08:43:18 PM »

hey, puck thanks for your help. please explain to me that of x10 server and if maybe is there any other server then x10  to use.

thanks,
jhonny

zach1234

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:34:23 PM »

Give port forwarding a try this is what x10 has to say: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Port_Forwarding_For_X10_Software

"If you are still unable to connect, the issue is most likely due to a firewall or network security configuration (Zone Alarm, Norton Internet Security, Windows XP Firewall, Router, McAfee Personal Firewall, etc).

The ports for X10 are 8080 and 8888 (TCP).

You may test the above ports for connection status with our Online Internet Connection Test on the following page:

http://www.x10.com/support/netinfo/netinfoadvance.htm

Make sure to Show Advanced View and put in each port number specifically and individually in the Listening Port field at the bottom.

If one or both of these tests fail, it may be because a firewall or router is blocking or rerouting ports on your computer. Try disabling any firewalls, or call your ISP or router manufacturer to find out how to open or "forward" ports to your computer.

If you are using a router, it may also be necessary for you to setup a feature called port forwarding inside of your router's configuration. This will ensure that when information is sent through the ports, they are tagged with the proper IP Address for routing. "

jhonny

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 11:43:04 PM »

puck, i did the test it succeded,by the way,now i am able to see still image. new each image every 2 minutes. my internet connection is dial up. i just can not see live video(motion) on the remote viewer.

thanks,

jhonny

jhonny

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 01:08:45 AM »

what is ftp settings for....
ftp server.. what to fill in
path.........what to fill in

thanks,
jhonny

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »

hey, puck thanks for your help. please explain to me that of x10 server and if maybe is there any other server then x10  to use.

There are no other servers that can be used with MyHouse.

I use MyHouse daily and I sometimes cannot connect to the server; and when I do have a connection the video viewer does not always display the live image when a camera is turned on. With my experiences and all the other complaints I see about MyHouse, it sounds like a server issue to me.

i did the test it succeded,by the way,now i am able to see still image. new each image every 2 minutes. my internet connection is dial up. i just can not see live video(motion) on the remote viewer.

Since you have a dial-up connection, try lowering the frames-per-second of the video to see if that helps. The still images are working so we know that your connection is good.

jhonny

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 11:13:49 PM »

what is ftp settings for....
ftp server.. what to fill in
path.........what to fill in

thanks,
jhonny

zach1234

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 11:42:21 PM »

Unless your using a FTP server those are useless (for you). I try ed for ever with ftp but it never got it to work (tried for 2 Min's).

jhonny

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 10:58:09 AM »

Hi Jhonny - I had the same problem today just to repeat what Puck said already about servers.  Normally it has not been a problem for me when logged into My House Online.  Biggest problem I have had is getting logged in during certain hours of the day usually early evening.

Hey Puck - Good bye line!

Hi- x10challanged, you mean you always can see video on remote viewer.

x10challanged-

thanks,
jhonny

Puck edit: Fixed quote to not include reply.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:50:22 PM by Puck »

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 08:07:57 AM »

Jhonny,
I know this is an old post I was on vacation when you posted this and just saw it.  I never really had a problem getting video on remote ( I have DSL High Speed).  My problem was getting logged in evenings and weekend.  I switched to "logmein" in mid May and have found it to be a reliable connection to my computer.  I do not know how it will work with dial up, will probably depend on your Internet connection speed and reliablity of that connection. 

Jimmer

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »

It would be really cool if you could use windows home server instead of using the X-10 server.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 01:12:46 PM »

...can somebody give a help with myhouse remote viewer....
As others have mentioned the X10 server tends to be down when you want it the most. I finally gave up in favor of LogMeIn.com. I'm using the free version. It let's me take control of the computer as if I was right there.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

zach1234

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 03:33:17 PM »

I love myhouse, they did something that helped me have 100% connection, and made it worst for all of Ya.  rofl
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.