Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Redirected Command  (Read 16781 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Redirected Command
« on: October 28, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »

While these are the simplest macros that I have, they have proven to be a pair of the most useful ones.

Narrative:
AHP 3.204  (Should run from all versions without a problem.)
Runs from the CM15A interface.
This pair of macros allows me to turn ON and OFF window fans from my bedside controller without the fans being being turned off by an "ALL OFF" command.
HC "C" is my primary HC for my house so I have a bedside controller to control all 16 UC. I wanted to be able to turn on and off fans that I have on HC/UC "H14".

Macro Name:
Window Fans ON

Trigger & Conditions:
   C14 ON
   [no conditions]

Actions:
   H14 ON

Macro Name:
Window Fans OFF

Trigger & Conditions:
   C14 OFF
   [no conditions]

Actions:
   H14 OFF

This simple redirection results in a slight but in my opinion negotiable delay for the convenience it offers.
Similar command redirection macros can also allow a simple button remote to control modules in more than one HC.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:01:53 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

PrimeGuild

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Software Solutions
Re: Redirected Command
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 12:46:44 PM »

Sorry, but I don't understand the logic here. Why would you require redirection using a macro to control a device? I have multiple Transreceiver modules running at different House Codes and then I have a remote and I can control all my devices individually.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Redirected Command
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »

I have a bedside controller set to HC "C" as most of the lights in my house are on HC "C". Since I don't want the fan to be turned off with an "All Units Off" for HC "C", I put the fan on HC "H". For convenience should I want to control the fan I can use the macro above by sending a C14 ON or C14 OFF. (The same would be applicable for using with a remote.)

Redirection can allow a remote to control things that are on more than one HC. e.g Suppose You had a radio set for B2, a fan set for C4. One remote could be used via redirection to control both items.

Even in a case where one may have all their lights on one HC, it can come in handy. e.g. Let's suppose you have two kids with lights on C2 and C7. A simple button remote that only controls two sequential UCs couldn't be used to control both lights if it was set as HC "C". You could set the remote as HC "B" and create sequential macros that could control the lights.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:45:42 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.