Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 5 digit codes  (Read 14567 times)

captainpj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
5 digit codes
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

I have a directv H20 and a Sylvania LC321SS9 HDTV and I have tried going through all the codes with no success.  I have tried the learn function pointing the remote at bottom of learning x10 remote and I get learning success message but when I try to use the x10 nothing works.  These both have 5 digit codes and I need to know is there a way to program icon remote to accept 5 digit codes or does someone have codes that work for these items? :-[
Captainpj@seriousfish.net
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:16:36 PM by captainpj »

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: 5 digit codes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:06:12 PM »

Where are you getting 5-digit codes from?

There is no standard for programming codes.  Codes meant for one remote, will probably not work on any other remote especially a remote made by a different manufacturer.

You need to stick with those codes intended for the icon.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

captainpj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 05:18:10 PM »

The codes from manufacter of tv and sat box gave me code that are 5 digit codes none of x10 icon remote codes work andd learn feature tells me they are learned but when I go to use learned buttons none of them work. To be frank this is a piece of crap remote I have spent at least 12 hours trying everything in these forums with no luch.  This remote is useless on new HDTV items.  It will runn all my outdated analog stuff and right now that is what it is used for my new HDTV and directvHD reciever as well as new Yamaha audio/video reciever can not use this POS.  I have decided to look for something better that does what it says in mean time it is old stuff in bedroom remote :-[

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »

The codes from manufacter of tv and sat box gave me code that are 5 digit codes

The codes which come from the manufacturer of tv or sat box are for their remotes.  Of course they shouldn't be expected to work on any other remotea including those from  X10's. 

This remote is useless on new HDTV items. 

The codes work just great with my brand new 52" HDTV. 
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »

No you can't expect a 5 digit code for one remote to match or work with another brand or sometimes even different model remote from the same manufacturer.
I have two different model RCA Remotes and for each device I have. Both remotes use a different code for that device.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.