Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [AHP Add-on] X10SW (for x10 security consoles)  (Read 39720 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
[AHP Add-on] X10SW (for x10 security consoles)
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »

Since AHP won't trigger a macro from a AllUnitsOff/AllLightsOn signal and many needed a easy way to fire a batch file/exe or shortcut on a security alarm trip I created this little Program!
This is free for the community!
I may add it as an option to my other software builds if the demand is there! ;)

How it works:
Once configured you let it run in the system tray
It watches all x10 activity so you can use it as a monitor as well!
Once it sees a AllLightsOn or AllUnitsOff code it starts to count those commands
If no other code is seen after the 4th AllLightsOn or AllUnitsOff signal it will auto launch the program you have specified!
The Icon in the system tray will start to flash a red then black security shield.
As soon as it sees a signal other then the AllLightsOn or AllUnitsOff signal it will reset its counter
The Icon will continue to flash Until you press the reset button or restart the program.

Update:
The download is now available from my web site  
Note: this version doesn't work with the SC1200. However the newest version in the PCC plug-in pack does!
>!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:42:51 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: [AHP Add-on] X10SW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »

That looks cool!

Can you have it send an X10 signal also? This could really expand AHP macro programing if it could.
Another useful monitoring tool would be one that does a real time display of flag status as they change.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:36:38 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:41:06 PM »

I had thought of that as well but with a flood of AllLightsOn/AllUnitsOff the command most likely would get lost!
How ever it would be possible to add the option for firing a x10 code based on either an AllLightsOn or AllUnitsOff receive. ::) :'
Looks like I have a new version to work on!  rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:01:27 PM »

I had thought of that as well but with a flood of AllLightsOn/AllUnitsOff the command most likely would get lost!
How ever it would be possible to add the option for firing a x10 code based on either an AllLightsOn or AllUnitsOff receive....
It would take some careful timing to send a signal between a series of "All Lights On" and "All Units Off".

Being able to send a single X10 code in response to an "All Lights On" or an "All Units Off" would open a whole new world of AHP macro programing opportunities!
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »

How ever it would be possible to add the option for firing a x10 code based on either an AllLightsOn or AllUnitsOff receive....
It would take some careful timing to send a signal between a series of "All Lights On" and "All Units Off".

Being able to send a single X10 code in response to an "All Lights On" or an "All Units Off" would open a whole new world of AHP macro programing opportunities!
steven r you always seem to be able to expanded on my Ideas! rofl :)%
New Version 1.0.0.1
This option is now Available  it will respond to any AllLightsOn or AllUnitsOff command that isn't on the same code as the Security Console!
This allows for an additional 30 + triggers as you can send more then 1 X10 command per AllLightsOn or AllUnitsOff receive!
Hope this opens more then Just steven r's new world of AHP macro programing opportunities!
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 11:23:27 AM »

****New version 1.0.0.2 with RF send on Alarm Trigger*****
I had no Idea how popular this would become! ::) :'
I thought it would just be used by very few users!
New Adds:
  • Fixed  issue of triggered program from restarting (last thing you need is repeat calls that your house is being broke into while your trying to get help)
  • Added RF On send to specified Housecode on AllLightsOn/AllUnitsOff alarm trigger starts on about 4th or 5th AllLightsOn/AllUnitsOff signal from the DS7000.
With every ones input we now have a way to trigger a Siren, flashing strobe or what ever you want on the outside of the house to inform others of a potential break in!
How?
Use a TM751!
Plug your external horn, strobe into it and set it to the trigger address for the RF trigger
Note: The address Must be different then the Security Console

Thanks everyone for your Input on this one! :)%
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 11:31:39 AM »

Tuicemen,
We all think you're crazy with all the programming that you do, but WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Thank you yet again for making our X10 systems more useful.
Now,  how about some bat file executions with X10SW?
I'd love to hit the all units off button in the same room as my PC(s) and have the monitor turn off as well!!!!!
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »

Cool Idea Knightrider
But that one will most likely be an add for PCC or BVC!
I want to keep this program small as possible as to not tax anyones CPU.
It is still possible that this (x10SW)  gets added to PCC down the road for users that keep PCC running.
Many Like me hate a system tray full of running programs! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »

**** New Realease 1.0.0.3******
After some Emails it became apparent the setup screen wasn't clear enough for most user!
So this little update is mostly a appearance update with a couple of important adds/fixes!
Adds:
  • Redesigned setup page (New Look)
  • Added code so a Reset also sends a RF Off Signal to your remote siren if configured!
  • Added code to catch a potential error if one didn't add a RF send code triggered from the alarm

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »

.......So this little update is mostly a appearance update with a couple of important adds/fixes!

Well it looks very impressive Tuicemen. The wife goes to work in the morning... and I can do some testing then. I really like the nice clean look to this program.

I want to keep this program small as possible as to not tax anyones CPU....  Many Like me hate a system tray full of running programs!

For me.... keeping them clean and tiny is what seems to free up the CPU. Being a desk operator at a cubical farm for many years... made me accustomed to running multiple programs at the same time. I fully expect to run several programs on my HA PC.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 09:51:32 PM »

*****New release ver 1.0.0.4*****
Thanks Dave!
With this Update it should be easier to reach thouse hard reach to places PLC couldn't!
I added  RF sends for AllOn or AllOff triggers, So it now send both RF and PLC for those triggers!
Also added a new Icon!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jtykal

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • It was working fine yesterday...
    • Casa Bella - Vacation Condo in Fort Myers, FL
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 12:38:09 PM »

#:) I love X10SW just for the activity monitor!

My AHP Activity Monitor has been flaking out lately -- opening about a hundred IE browser windows when I launch it (anybody else see this? maybe I need a reinstall?). It seems to work fine after I close all of the IE windows, but what a pain...  This little program is a great alternative!

Tuicemen - could you possibly explain what the following RF entries in the Activity Monitor mean?

RF L1 OFF 0
    RF L1 OFF -1

I understand the RF L1 OFF part, but what significance do the "0" and "-1" have?  I get two or three sets of these commands in the activity monitor for each RF "event". Would it be at all possible to add filtering capability to your Activity Monitor so it does not display these "redundant" signals? Also, being able to choose to see just RF or PLC (and maybe selectively filter by house code???) would be a huge plus for me! And while I'm being needy, how about writing the (filtered) activity to a daily log file?

Thanks again for a great contribution to the X10 community!
AHP-CM15A(ext.ant)-SmartMacros-OnAlert-DoorMonitor(custom)-Win7

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 01:22:12 PM »

jtykal
Thanks for the praise I'm glad your finding a use for it!
The -1 and 0 are related to a remote button press. Although it may appear useless, try holding down a button on a remote down and watch the number value increase!
There are many other thirdparty programs out there that log x10 activity even some I have built!
I'll consider the option to log but the options your looking for are more likely to appear in PC Companion! ;)
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 03:31:44 AM »

I'd love to hit the all units off button in the same room as my PC(s) and have the monitor turn off as well!!!!!
Cool Idea Knightrider
But that one will most likely be an add for PCC or BVC!
I want to keep this program small as possible as to not tax anyones CPU.
It is still possible that this (x10SW)  gets added to PCC down the road for users that keep PCC running.
Many Like me hate a system tray full of running programs! ;)
 >!

knightrider Should be able to do that now in BVC 0.2.0.7   ;)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 11:33:35 PM »

I can't get x10sw version 1.0.0.4  (date 2/24/2009) to work with my SC1200 and CM15A setup.    It never triggers during an alarm.  According to the the x10sw activity monitor,  It never sees the ALL lights on/OFF cycle but does show the housecode/lightcode and housecode/lightcode+1 ON/OFF cycles.

I have AHP ver 3.313 with onalert and onalert mobile  running Windows 7 (32 bit).   The AHP activity monitor DOES show the All Lights On/Off cycle  during the same time period that X10SW is reporting none.

Any suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?

Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.