Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: When is an upgrade to AHP going to happen  (Read 118358 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
When is an upgrade to AHP going to happen
« on: September 01, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »

The last good release of AHP is 2.228 dated 5-09-2008.  Is X10 even, with the dearth of programmers, planning on a good release any time in the near future?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: When is an upgrade to AHP going to happen
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 08:29:18 PM »

.......Is X10 even, ...planning on a good release any time in the near future?

The technology has changed so much since the introduction of the CM15A/AHP. The CM11A is all but completely gone... the price for the CM15A with all the software... is now way down there ($39.99). I expect to see a NEW interface to be released. Maybe one that connects to the PC wirelessly via WiFi or a special dongle. Maybe.... an interface with a decent antenna!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:05:06 PM »

...I expect to see a NEW interface to be released. Maybe one that connects to the PC wirelessly via WiFi or a special dongle. Maybe.... an interface with a decent antenna!
Are you dreaming again?  ;D
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:17 PM »

Are you dreaming again? 

Maybe! I was going by the old retail way of selling.

• New products are put on sale... this recoops the investment (and repays the creditors).
  • Then the product is sold at "regular price" (what is believed to be what the market will bare) also called: profit taking.
  • Then the product is marked on sale... and then clearance. Which provides capital for restock.

The technology has changed so much... a new design could possibly be manufactured much cheaper (yet sell at the old "regular price"). I could be wrong... but I bet China has some programmers there now too.

When I bought Active Home (CM11A) it was HighTech.... and at a great NEW low price. The next thing I knew... the CM15A (AHP) was introduced and AH was $10. When I bought AHP... I got "smart macros" for FREE (saving myself $50). I had to buy Iwitness and OnAlert later.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 09:48:22 PM by Dave_x10_L »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »

In other words, a fortune hunter or Ouija board might have a good idea when - maybe.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »

In other words, a fortune hunter or Ouija board might have a good idea when - maybe.

No. I could be completely wrong. But all signs are... that the CM15A and it's software are at (or near) its end-of-days. Profit taking is past.. and clearance may have begun. I won't be looking for any major updates.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:54:52 PM by Dave_x10_L »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 12:28:19 PM »

I think I'm on the same bus with steven r. I don't see X10 changing the CM15A or AHP for a decade or two.   :'
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 01:11:47 PM »

This definitely a case where I'd like to be wrong. While I'm generally optimistic on most things, when it comes to X10 a bit of pessimism creeps in from time to time.
Drifting off into dreamland...

I'd love to see a new module maybe a "CM21A" for the 21st century. It would fix all the challenges that the CM15A has. It would have antennas that would receive and send at least 200ft through every common building material. It would have the ability to monitor all the house codes and not just one. Also it would have expanded macro abilities such as the ability to make decisions in the middle of a macro and call macros as sub routines. It could detect a return of power after an outage and trigger a user defined macro...

Ring RING.. Time to wake already? It was such a nice dream. Just a few more minutes... Please...
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 01:20:22 PM »

I think I'm on the same bus with steven r. I don't see X10 changing the CM15A or AHP for a decade or two. 

I don't see the AHP/CM15A being available a lot longer. This is technology... it's lifespan is measured in months... not decades.

Four or five years ago the AHP package with smart macros sold for $100 bucks. Today you can get that (with iwitness and OnAlert thrown in) for $39.99. So... what would that price be in a couple more decades? If forty bucks isn't the clearance price... what would clearance price be? Don't forget... what the purpose of clearance is.

I've already picked up my extra CM15A. But when I think about what could be coming down-the-pike with any new (maybe wifi?) technology interface. I will likely find the money for the new stuff (just like everyone else).

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »

I agree with Dave.. In retail the lower price means soon something new is coming but I think this time the lower Price is due to lack of sales. Sale the AHP/CM15A and the new user will buy more modules.

For all you old guys  :' how long was it from AH/cm11 to AHP/cm15
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »

...For all you old guys  :' how long was it from AH/cm11 to AHP/cm15
Hmm... I can't remember must be getting old.  ;)

Anyway I want to be the 1st to volunteer as a beta tester if they come up with something new.  ;D

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 04:27:58 PM »

For all you old guys  :' how long was it from AH/cm11 to AHP/cm15

CM15A was somewhere around 2003-2005 (?) (Little help here guys)

and I remember using CM11 back in 1997 but do not remember when it first hit the market.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 04:35:15 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 06:23:12 PM »

I agree with Dave.. In retail the lower price means soon something new is coming

I bought a new grill (a gift) today at clearance... less than half of what they cost this past summer. The clearance moneys help to pay for Christmas stock. And Christmas stock... will hit the door marked down to re-coop left over investment costs. Then stock will be marked for profit taking (regular price). Then...sale priced and then marked for clearance. (NOTE: Christmas stock is marked to it lowest price JUST before Christmas. so receiptless returns are credited at that LOWEST price.)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 06:46:48 PM »

CM15A was somewhere around 2003-2005 (?) (Little help here guys)

I bought my first unit in 2004.  By process of elimination we can rule out the last year listed.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 07:16:48 PM »

My two older ones with early firmware are Date Codes: 04J44 and 04J41
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.