Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone have a list of sites with AHP Tutorials?  (Read 7551 times)

Graphics Guy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Anyone have a list of sites with AHP Tutorials?
« on: October 27, 2009, 07:43:12 PM »

Although I have controlled a few lights for years with ActiveHomePro and Smart Macros I realize that there are far more uses for the software then I am aware.  I visited the X-10 site looking for tutorials but found very little information.  Does anyone have a list of sites with tutorials on the various uses that members have created?  For example: My auto has a button that activates my garage door and I would like it to turn on both interior and exterior lights between sundown and dawn.  I know this is possible but would like to find a tutorial that a newbie and someone not very versed in electronics can understand.  Thanks to all.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Anyone have a list of sites with AHP Tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:17:26 PM »

....... I know this is possible but would like to find a tutorial that a newbie and someone not very versed in electronics can understand. 

All the knowledge and know-how required is here. Ether already posted at this forum (or one of the other Home Automation forums) or in the heads of the other users. Or posted somewhere on the World Wide InterWeb.

To get your car to operate your garage door... see you cars manual. To control lights via the garage door (which many do) see the manual for it. If you don't have the manual... they are on-line.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 06:31:55 AM »

Do you know what brand remote system is used by the car manufacturer.
Some have an X10 receiver accessory as you will have to get the cars system talking X10.

Graphics Guy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »

I apologize for the confusing wording of the question.  I am not that well versed in X-10 terminology to formulate accurate questions.  My automobile is a Cadillac with a HomeLink button.  I have activated this button and use it to operate my garage door.  What I want to do is have the garage door turn on both inside and outside lights at the same time.  I remember a while ago seeing a way to do this with micro switches, and other modules but don't remember where or how and that is why I was looking for sites where I might find tutorials.  I am also fascinated with the X-10 technology and not very creative so I am interested in things that other people have automated around the house using X-10 products.  Thanks for being both patient and supportive.  Respectfully, Graphics Guy

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 11:06:07 PM »

Using an X10 remote set to the H/C and U/C of the light or macro you want to trigger and that will program the HomeLink button. HomeLink should pick up the code on the transmitting remote and as long as you have no issues with range of your CM15A, then you should be good to go.
BaBaLou.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 12:12:35 PM »

Written for MAC (XTension software) but many ideas.
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596007225/index.html
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 04:10:28 PM »

Are there other learning garage door openers that will learn x10.  Nice little piece of info babalou.  I hope to set up that light from the car for my wife. 
M M ElectricMan

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 10:54:11 PM »

The wife's car has a home link 3 botton remote built into the visor. 2 for Garage doors and one for all the lights in the Garage to turn on. Followed the instructions in the Cars manual and worked right away. I do use a V572 transceiver and have good rang but as long as your CM15A can get the signal it should work.
BaBaLou.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.