Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: My new software - RemoteWatch x10  (Read 73371 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: My new software - RemoteWatch x10
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 12:12:56 AM »

mbettez,

I was finally able to duplicate your problem of the modules not staying in place after clicking Done.  I think I know what the issue is and am working on a fix.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 03:08:34 AM »

The next bug fix release version 1.2.3  that fixes the problem with placing modules has been posted to the site.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:33:14 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

mbettez

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010, 11:51:01 PM »

thank you for the continued updates.  I will install and test the latest version tonight.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 05:55:46 AM »

Let me know if you have any issues and I will fix them ASAP.  This is why the software is still considered to be in beta stage.
Dan Bemowski

mbettez

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 12:13:02 PM »

tried setting it up.  I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in Z:\www\modules\floorplan\controller\floorplanController.php on line 540
when I click on ahp import.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 09:21:06 PM »

tried setting it up.  I get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in Z:\www\modules\floorplan\controller\floorplanController.php on line 540
when I click on ahp import.
Did you uninstall the old version?  I take it the install of the new version went ok?  If you added floorplans to the old version, they will not transfer to the new one.  Did you add a floorplan before clicking AHP Import? Even if you didn't it should have told you that there were none defined.

PM me and maybe we can go to a chat room and discuss what is happening.  I am not sure what the DB_Error you are getting is being caused from.  I have a hard time re-creating some of these problems.  Everything works fine on my end.
Dan Bemowski

mbettez

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 11:55:02 AM »

just to let others know I found the problem.  I had one of my module descriptions that had a / in the name.  Apparently remotewatch doesn't like / and kept having errors.  I removed it and all works now.  Pretty sweet.

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »

I apologize that I haven't been in the forums for a couple weeks.  Been busy with a lot of things around the house and with some major updates to RemotWatch. 

Since I have received my Nokia 770 internet tablet, I have been working on formatting things to fit on the little 800x480 screen.  This can be a challenge with the minimal amount of screen real estate that is available.  Not to mention on a small touch screen device like this, you want your buttons and things to be large enough to click on with your finger so the stylus is needed as little as possible.  Inevitably though, there is some content that the stylus sill be needed for.  My ultimate plan is to create a wall mounted information display.  I thought, not only do I want my X10 and HVAC information, but also a number of other types of information such as weather, a calendar, and an on screen clock.  Below are some screen shots of the new look to the software.

This is the layout of the new menu setup.   When you have a page open, the icon for that page is shown at the left.  The space between that and the clock display is available for that page to display information.  When you click on the icon at the top left, the top bar will change to show the menu seen above.

This was previously called the House Status page, but has been change to the Control page.  This is where your X10 modules can be controlled from your floorplan view.  One other thing that was added to this is the ability to dim modules that have that capability.  Although working, the dimming control needs a bit of tweaking to make it easier to use.  You can select between your different floorplans at the top of the page to let you have control of every level of your house and yard.

This is the HVAC screen.  I will be adding the ability to shut off this option since it currently only works with a serial based RCS thermostat.

This is the weather screen.  The weather information displayed is from the Weather Underground website.  The left side shows a radar map that cycles between 6 sectional maps of the US.  Below that is a simple weather forecast bar showing the next day plus 4 days ahead.  The right side shows a weather alert marquee at the top that is clickable to get the full alert text.  Below that is the current days forecast text.

This is the calendar screen.  Although still needing a little work, it is functional.  Clicking on a date on the calendar will allow you to add events to show on the calendar.  Clicking on an event shown in the calendar will bring up a scrollable list of all the events for that day.

Last but not least is the Home page.  This page brings information from the weather module and the calendar module together.  This page will most likely change as I figure out a better choice of information to display on this page.

Those of you wanting a copy of the new version will have to wait just a couple more days as I am checking things over a bit more before putting out the new release.  I will post a link in here when it is available.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:34:17 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2010, 12:33:29 AM »

For anyone interested, I have posted the new version of the software to my website.  Click here to download.

Enjoy the software and post here or e-mail me if you have any issues.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:34:57 PM by dbemowsk »
Dan Bemowski

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »

Whats the default login?

mad212

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 02:56:58 PM »

never mind I found it  :'

shuggins

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 01:29:38 PM »

dbemowsk,

This looks great.  And thank you for the install app part of it as well.  SO easy to get this up and running.  I am, however, having problems importing my ActiveHomePro.ahx file.  I navigate to it and choose all the modules I want to be imported, etc, and when I click Import it takes me BACK to the page to browse for the .ahx file.  No error messages, etc.  And nothing gets imported.  I've tried rebooting, etc.  I am running on a Windows 2k machine.  I wonder if that has something to do with it?  But AHP works flawlessly on this machine.

Again, this looks to be a winner and I cannto wait to thoroughly evaluate it.

shuggins

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2010, 01:35:31 PM »

I was able to find the PHP error log file.  Looks like it's having trouble with mySQL?  But, I was able to change the ROOT password and do other settings like for the Weather tab, etc.  So I *thought* I had the PHP part of it working.

Here are the errors:

[14-Aug-2010 12:27:31] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\usr\local\php\extensions\php_pdo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
[14-Aug-2010 12:27:31] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\usr\local\php\extensions\php_pdo_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
[14-Aug-2010 12:27:31] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\usr\local\php\extensions\php_pdo_sqlite.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
[14-Aug-2010 12:27:31] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\usr\local\php\extensions\php_mbstring.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
[14-Aug-2010 12:27:31] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\usr\local\php\extensions\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
[14-Aug-2010 12:27:31] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\usr\local\php\extensions\php_pdo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
[14-Aug-2010 12:27:31] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\usr\local\php\extensions\php_pdo_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0
[14-Aug-2010 12:27:31] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '\usr\local\php\extensions\php_pdo_sqlite.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
 in Unknown on line 0

dbemowsk

• PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »

A note to shuggins and others.  My HA PC where I have been working on the software is currently down with hardware problems.  I will be working through these this week and will hopefully have the computer back up and running in a few days.  I will look into the errors at that time and will post an update to fix the listed problems.  Sorry for any inconvenience.
Dan Bemowski

shuggins

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 10:01:41 AM »

Hope you get your PC back up and running...sorry to hear that!

FYI...I d/led this version of RemoteWatch x10: 1.2.3 public Beta today and it worked great.  No errors.  This is the previous version from the latest. So, I'm just getting the troubles on the latest version.  The version I got working doesn't have the calendar and the weather functionality, but I can live w/o that.  It sizes nicely on my Netbook (8.9" screen).  I love the hovering over the modules and then the switch pops up.  And then the status of the module changes once you turn on/off.

Also, I obtained the external IP of my PC (from my wireless router) and was able to get to the site from my iPhone while at work.  I was able to turn some lights on/off at home while I was at work.  I got an immediate call from my wife who thought it wasn't too funny... ;D

I think you have something very, very neat so far.

IMHO, the only areas I think it's missing that would put it up there with iHouse is:
* Ability to import and/or create macros.
* Ability to schedule macros or module actions (like "7:30pm, A10, Off", etc)
* Ability to dim lamp modules. I use this a ton in Active Home Pro and iHouse.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.