Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Latest sucessor to the CP290 PC Interface?  (Read 7763 times)

cameo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Latest sucessor to the CP290 PC Interface?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »

Did you get the e-mail from X10 giving you the shipping date and the carrier (usually FedEx)?   Save that if you did, if you didn't, you need to contact X10 ASAP.

No, I didn't get anything from X10 after that initial order confirmation email I quoted above. But now I emailed to their Support about it, so I'll see if that helps.  All their agressive on-line marketing won't do them much good in the long run if this is how they respond to orders.

cameo

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »

Surprise, surprise ... The mailman delivered the CM15A kit today without any further email from X10. That also means that I have no idea what link to use to download the software because the manual Intro says:
"Important: Please download and install the X10 Active Home Pro software from the link in the e-mail you received before you plug in the Interface."
That link is supposed to be in an email titled "New Software Download Link" -- according to the installation instructions. I never got such an email from X10 and their Web site is so busy with marketing bling that I can't find any such link there. This does not look like a promising X10 experience.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:34:01 PM by cameo »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:49 PM »

You can try http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  all the versions of AHP are there.  You can download AHP 3.204 from there, but you need the registration number in order to get the license validated.  Once AHP is validated, you never have to do it again. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 06:02:59 AM »

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro
http://www.activehomepro.com/faq.html

I never got an email on my last order of a AHP kit.
I used the email request to get one and it took a few days to get one.
In my case it never got put on the registration computer so even if I used the order number with the - suffix it would not install.
I don't think it will install from Dan's link if you don't have a registration number.
Above links have lots of data some on how to handle a "No Registration Problem"

cameo

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »

OK, I finally resolved all my issues from the X10 kbase wiki. Turns out the registration number is usually the order number suffixed by "-1". I have the software installed fine and now I just need to enter all the event schedule and see how it goes. But before that, I want to read the user manual. Might help avoiding some additional frustration. I still think that the X10 web site contains too much marketing junk that hurts more than helps the visitors.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:34:26 PM by cameo »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.