Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Battery Motion Sensors to be hard wired?  (Read 35839 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Battery Motion Sensors to be hard wired?
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 03:48:36 PM »

I also think the relays will fix the problems with strange On and Off events.

I tried different combinations of old and new style appliance modules. All the combinations seemed to have strange behavior.
The older ones with Local Control seemed to be even more of a problem than the new CFL friendly ones.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:56:27 PM by Brian H »

BoyntonStu

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »

[/quote]
You can't use two house codes...sorry, complete brain flatulence on my part....happens a lot.

The relays will fix your problem. BTW if you are ordering the relays from All Electronics they also have cheap line cords to connect the relay coils to the AMs.
[/quote]

I bought 3 relays for $8.95 shipped.

http://tinyurl.com/2vecjsw

My plan is to house the 3 AM's, 3 relay, the 24 VAC transformer, and a multi receptacle in a box located near the water valve.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »

I have some of the Omron LY2 110/120 VAC relays if you need some tests.
The LY2F has the added top mount flange but electrically the same as my LY2 110/120 VAC in the plain clear case.

Are your Appliance Modules the newer type with out the Local Control Sensing current on the Outlet?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »

I bought 3 relays for $8.95 shipped.

WOW!! YOU SCORED!!    >!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

BoyntonStu

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 08:02:05 PM »

I have some of the Omron LY2 110/120 VAC relays if you need some tests.
The LY2F has the added top mount flange but electrically the same as my LY2 110/120 VAC in the plain clear case.

Are your Appliance Modules the newer type with out the Local Control Sensing current on the Outlet?

Thanks for your kind offer.

The shipping document says "CFL". 

Is this an up to late model?

What is Local Control Sensing and how would it affect my project to be with/without it?

I have two AM's plugged into a outlet bar with night lights plugged into them.

The MS 16a's are set to 2 minutes and it is fun seeing them turn on and off as family members come in and out of my home office.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2010, 08:27:52 PM »

Local Control Sensing. Allows you to turn the module On with out an X10 power line signal.
What you do is turn the loads local switch from On to Off and back to On. This triggers the module to turn On.
It also puts more current on the outlet when Off. It actually is a  mix of DC and AC currents.
In your use. One turning Off may trigger another one to go back On. I also found my LY2 relay buzzes on the old style appliance module when Off.

Easy test. May even work with your night lights. Turn the appliance modules off and then cycle the night lights switch Off and back On. If it stays off it does not have Local Control and the CFL indication also indicates the latest version with no Local Control.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:30:51 PM by Brian H »

BoyntonStu

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2010, 07:17:04 AM »

Maybe if you used the Appliance Modules and Tranceiver to each control their own 120 volt AC relay.
Then each relays contacts could be in parallel to control the water valve while each module didn't see the others AC voltgage on their outlet.

YES!

I ordered 2 additional transceivers.

I snipped a wire to the relay in the one I have to silence it, what a difference!

I will no longer need to juggle the MS16a's to a single Transceiver distance.

My plan is the place a transceiver and it MS16a sensor as close to each other as possible.

One possible hiding place for the transceiver is in the attic and directly above its sensor.

Plugged in under the kitchen sink cabinet is another more convenient close by hiding place.

BTW I plan to Velcro each MS16a for quick removal to allow in my hands battery changing.

What House and which number would you recommend to max the separation of frequencies?

All AM's will be collocated with a relay on a single board and fed from a single breaker.

Is there any problem with that?

Many thanks.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:24:43 AM by BoyntonStu »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 07:27:42 AM »

They all use the same RF frequency to receive the motion sensors signal and the same power line frequency to send the commands to the Appliance Modules.

If you don't want to hear the TM751s clunk on and off. Don't pick Unit Code 1. 2-16 are fine.

I don't think there are any House Codes better than others.
Some like to stay away from A because it is the default and many of your neighbors could be using A.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=racj838jjj8n77pr5fulaib204&topic=19756.0

Other than the power line signal problems we sometimes see.
It looks OK setup wise.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:46:24 AM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.