Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mouse freezes  (Read 8053 times)

jimlap

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Mouse freezes
« on: July 31, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »

When I start my XX20 cam from active home pro with the plug in Iwatch, my mouse immediately freezes when the video starts.  Nothing solves the problem.  Not control-alt.-delete, nothing.  I have to turn the computer off and start over.  Same thing happens, even with a re-install.  I'm running XP with service pack 2.  Plenty of RAm and disc space.  Any ideas for a fix?  Tech support no help.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: Mouse freezes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »

I would probably try to update windows.  I would download all the updates to windows xp you can.  Unless there is a known update that gives your system problems.  There are a lot of updates after service pack 2 that could solve your problem.  Just something to think about.   ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

jimlap

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 04:22:29 PM »

I am completely up to date even with service pack three now.  Computer works great until I open AHP.  Mouse freezes instantly on activation of live camera viewing.  Can't navigate to anything.  Still have to turn computer off and restart.  What a pain.  Have no idea why this is happening.  Guess I'll send this stuff back.  Does anyone know of another brand of home security systems with cam that can be viewed away from home on internet that actually works?

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 01:48:30 AM »

Two things to try:

First, try unplugging the  VA1xA (VA11A or VA12A which ever one you have) and plugging it back in.  If this fixes the issue, it could have been dirty contacts or some other sort of bad connection with the video adapter.

The second may be a bit of work to test, but if you have access to another computer, try taking your VA1xA and temporarily install AHP and iWatch and see if the problem follows the VA1xA capture adapter.  If it does, then your video adapter may be bad and may need to be replaced.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.