Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: New Nstinct Remote  (Read 164052 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: New Nstinct Remote
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2010, 02:01:02 AM »

Hay Bill maybe you could give me a hand. Well I actually like this unit with the icons haven't seen another remote like this but I'm sure there will be some soon to follow.Really surprised Harmony doesn't make one similar, I thought they did but a trip to their website proved me wrong. 

Here's the problems I'm experiencing. I'm noticing that often when I push a button for like a second that the command is not carried out and I have to push it twice before a command is received. I see the little transmitter icon showing that the signal is being sent but for some reason it doesn't look like it's being received unless I hold the key it down for a few seconds. Now on my Harmony and all my other remotes for that matter just taping the key gets the job done. Just wondering if I got a bad one because this is kind of frustrating having to repeat these keystrokes so often. Anyone else experiencing this. Thanks!!

Tom j.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:09:14 PM by tom j »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2010, 02:43:08 AM »

Hay Bill maybe you could give me a hand. Well I actually like this unit with the icons haven't seen another remote like this but I'm sure there will be some soon to follow.Really surprised Harmony doesn't make one similar, I thought they did but a trip to their website proved me wrong. 

Here's the problems I'm experiencing. I'm noticing that often when I push a button for like a second that the command is not carried out and I have to push it twice before a command is received. I see the little transmitter icon showing that the signal is being sent but for some reason it don't look like it's being received unless I hold the key it down for a few seconds. Now on my Harmony and all my other remotes for that matter just taping the key gets the job done. Just wondering if I got a bad one because this is kind of frustrating having to repeat these keystrokes so often. Anyone else experiencing this. Thanks!!

Tom j.

Can you be more specific?

Are these X10 signals or IR signals and if IR, are they built-in or learned?
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2010, 12:27:34 PM »

Here's the problems I'm experiencing. I'm noticing that often when I push a button for like a second that the command is not carried out and I have to push it twice before a command is received. I see the little transmitter icon showing that the signal is being sent but for some reason it don't look like it's being received unless I hold the key it down for a few seconds. Now on my Harmony and all my other remotes for that matter just taping the key gets the job done. Just wondering if I got a bad one because this is kind of frustrating having to repeat these keystrokes so often. Anyone else experiencing this. Thanks!!

Tom j.

Can you be more specific?

Are these X10 signals or IR signals and if IR, are they built-in or learned?

Hi thanks! These are IR signal going to my DVR, no hesitation with any of my other remotes think I got a bad one? I mean sometimes it takes two and on rare occasions three presses to execute a command. Thanks

Tom j.

Dr.Fiero

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »

Mine showed up today (minutes ago).

From everything I've read though....  my eager anticipation level has really dropped!  :(

I'll let ya'll know what's up with it in a while (no - I didn't put it back in the box - yet.  Ha ha)

J.B.

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2010, 12:42:08 PM »

Try going to Home/Setup/More/Advanced/Options and change the key transmit time. You may have to play around a bit but it may help solve your problem.
Another thing you may want to try, if you are learning these commands from another remote, try different placements with the remote you are learning from. Slight adjustment in the angle you hold a remote while learning can have a big impact on how it will respond.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:44:20 PM by J.B. »

ellliot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2010, 06:39:08 PM »

Got mine today. Key layout is better, side keys are much better, OK key is terrible! Was much better on the ICON...

tom j

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »

Try going to Home/Setup/More/Advanced/Options and change the key transmit time. You may have to play around a bit but it may help solve your problem.
Another thing you may want to try, if you are learning these commands from another remote, try different placements with the remote you are learning from. Slight adjustment in the angle you hold a remote while learning can have a big impact on how it will respond.

Say thanks got to give you a point for this one weather it works or not, where did you see that in the manual? I was looking for something like that I have that feature on my Harmony but I didn't see it maybe I just over looked it. Thanks!!

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2010, 07:20:07 PM »

Page 43 Advanced Settings.

tom j

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »

Say would moving it more to the right increase the transmit time? Haven't seen a different yet. Thanks

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2010, 07:22:20 PM »

Page 43 Advanced Settings.

Just saw your note will look maybe they explain how to adjust this. Thanks

Tom j.

J.B.

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »

From what I'm reading now, it appears I may have slightly missed the head of the nail. "Key Transmit Time changes the delay between digits when sending favorites, e.g., 1𤖬. This can be used in situations
where the channels are not accepted by the set-top box."
It appears it might only be for the use of channel numbers programmed under favorites.  B:(

tom j

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2010, 07:27:25 PM »

Well this didn't help but I did learn about the backlighting which I was also looking for. JB if you just tap the remote for say Info or Guide will it respond immediately or does it ever require an addition press of the button.

Tom j.

J.B.

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »

The only thing I've noticed is that if the back lighting has turned off on the LCD, you have to hit the key a second time to send a command.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »

That makes sense.....  Like a cell phone -
First tap wakes it up, second press sends the command...   -:)
>!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2010, 09:13:22 PM »

From my experience, mostly only buttons that involve being able to read from the LCD display require two presses when the display is dark.

Stuff like mute, volume, channel, etc.  will generally send the signal and light the display at the same time.
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.