Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting up the Remote  (Read 8859 times)

reneco11

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Setting up the Remote
« on: September 10, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »

I am trying to set up my remote (RF34A) to turn on or off my TV, Audio and Cable with one click. How can I do that. I tried the Macro's, but it justs gives me options on the rooms that I have set up, not the tv and stuff.

Turnings

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Setting up the Remote
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »

I am wondering the same thing.  My Harmony Remote allows a one button to turn on various devices for various tasks.  ie: watch tv - watch DVD - listen to CD etc.  So can the Instinct Remote do this too??     

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 12:37:06 AM »

The Nstinct remote does not feature "State Memory" which is a function of the Harmony (and some other) remotes. It was not designed to remember whether or not the TV was left on and what channel/input it was set to, etc. As such, you will have to turn your devices on manually using the "QuickPower" feature, and then set them to the appropriate inputs as well. Where the Nstinct does shine is in it's ability to control a variety of devices, and still talk to your X10 Modules over RF (requires a transceiver like the TM751 or RR501 to work). With RF functions built in to the remote, it enables you to control a lot more without having to set up an extra box.

If you wanted to use your Harmony with X10, you would need an IR543 and patience to program it manually. Hence, the need for the Nstinct, ready to play with AV and X10  :)

EDIT: There is a way to turn on multiple items with a single button press at least, partially there to what you wanted: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IR_Learning_with_iconRemote#Macros
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »

The Nstinct remote does not feature "State Memory" which is a function of the Harmony (and some other) remotes. It was not designed to remember whether or not the TV was left on and what channel/input it was set to, etc. As such, you will have to turn your devices on manually using the "QuickPower" feature, and then set them to the appropriate inputs as well. Where the Nstinct does shine is in it's ability to control a variety of devices, and still talk to your X10 Modules over RF (requires a transceiver like the TM751 or RR501 to work). With RF functions built in to the remote, it enables you to control a lot more without having to set up an extra box.

If you wanted to use your Harmony with X10, you would need an IR543 and patience to program it manually. Hence, the need for the Nstinct, ready to play with AV and X10  :)

EDIT: There is a way to turn on multiple items with a single button press at least, partially there to what you wanted: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IR_Learning_with_iconRemote#Macros

Hi so are you saying it doesn't support macros I thought it did, that's what I thought I read. Actually this thing has a lot of potential just wish it was smaller and had more dedicated keys for your DVR.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.