Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204050 times)

the4tfamily

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2010, 12:34:33 AM »

ok,  here is what I have found so far.  I have the android eries, and after my last entry, iwatch mobile has started to work and has been working great ever sense.  the only thing I have found, is if you change cameras, or move the video picture on the phone in any way, it will stop streaming.  I have found that you have to refresh the page on the phone each time you change anything.  Other than that, iwatchmobile and activephone is working just like it should.   #:)

I would like to be able to have the ability to take this on the road with me.  I want to be able to control my x10 lights and cameras when I am away.  can anyone give me help with this??  I know computers, but not at the depth of changing the ip address or forwarding ip addresses.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2010, 02:38:24 AM »

Oddly, after installing version 3.285 things were looking up using the iTouch.
Still the BlackBerry issues.

Update:
When I lose the video feed on the iTouch, exiting AHP and running it again doesn't fix the issue unless I kill the x10nets process first.
So this says to me that there may be an issue with x10nets.
Hmmm...  3.285 is a synchronization release to bring vanguard and sentinel up to the same level as AHP.  There should be no impact on iWatchMobile.  Clearly though something is going on.  We will see what we can find.  Is this a problem related to reinstallation -- Does rebooting help?  You're getting a response back, so the software is running. 

FYI, x10nets has a purpose-built web server to handle iWatchMobile and ActivePhone.  It also handles still image requests. Requests for the current video stream are received by x10nets and then relayed to AHP.

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2010, 06:30:43 AM »

Hello AHP Dev: Do you have any ideas as to why the blackberry storms web browser is not refreshing the image? Do you think it may have to do with the slow internet and can that be compensated by slowing the refresh rate sent to the phone? Also all i am getting in the 4 boxes are test patterns, no images.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:32:34 AM by mcguyver »
Blackberry Storm -3G only

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »

Hmmm...  3.285 is a synchronization release to bring vanguard and sentinel up to the same level as AHP.  There should be no impact on iWatchMobile.  Clearly though something is going on.  We will see what we can find.  Is this a problem related to reinstallation -- Does rebooting help?  You're getting a response back, so the software is running.

FYI, x10nets has a purpose-built web server to handle iWatchMobile and ActivePhone.  It also handles still image requests. Requests for the current video stream are received by x10nets and then relayed to AHP.

The only way I regain the video feed is to either reboot the system, or exit AHP, kill the x10nets process and restart AHP.

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »

Hello AHP Dev: Do you have any ideas as to why the blackberry storms web browser is not refreshing the image? Do you think it may have to do with the slow internet and can that be compensated by slowing the refresh rate sent to the phone? Also all i am getting in the 4 boxes are test patterns, no images.
Thanks.
No ideas yet on the Blackberry, but I'll be looking at a Bold 9000 later on today.  Slowing the refresh rate wouldn't help, as the phone doesn't request a new image until the current image comes in.

With respect to the 4 boxes, AHP/iWatchMobile generates a test pattern when there are no saved images.  From the AHP menu, Tools, Video Functions, Start Autostill recording will start recording images every 30 seconds.  To increase the frequency to 5 seconds (or any other number), AHP menu, Tools, Preferences, Still Capture tab, then set Storage Frequency and then OK.

mcguyver

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2010, 06:17:16 AM »

Thanks for answering my questions and Lets hope you find a solution for the blackberry.

Maybe when things settle down for you a instruction manual would be great. Unless i missed something and there is one out already.  #:)

ErikP

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2010, 11:02:04 PM »

For those still having Blackberry problems, what OS and/or browser software version do you have installed?

You should be able to find this information in something similar to...  main menu > settings > options > about.

J.B.

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »

BlackBerry 8530
OS version 5.0.0.654

Still having issues with the slide out menu and the video displaying properly.
I do get an image now, but it is more a still image that doesn't seem to update.
Actually, when I click the slide out menu, it seems this is the only time I get an image and now cannot select a specific camera.
I also cannot see the entire camera image. It will scroll up and down, but the sides are cut off as well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:11:31 PM by J.B. »

Icu2

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 04:27:46 AM »

BlackBerry Bold 9700
(3G, Wi-Fi)
v5.0.0.656 (Bundle 1111, Platform 5.1.0.153)
3G Bands 1,2,5,6
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

mcguyver

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 05:45:03 AM »

Blackberry storm 9530
3G

J.B.

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2010, 12:04:18 PM »

Installed the update, version 3.287.
I am getting video now on the Blackberry, but the image is stretched.
There is also no slide out menu and controls are now off centered to the left.
Best video stream I've seen on it yet, though.  :)

To add:
Setting the Blackberry browser identification to FireFox or IE and refreshing will show the video with the sides cut off, but still does not show the slide out menu.
It does place the other control buttons in their proper location on the screen though.
I am also getting an info pop-up stating panX: 112 panY: 52 now when set to Blackberry as the browser identification.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:40:23 PM by J.B. »

J.B.

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:51 PM »

Just wondering if it is possible to add iris and focus control to the app for the Vanguard and sentinel cams.
Having iris and focus control available in AHP/iWatchOut/iWatchMobile would be really nice.
A second slide out menu with the selected cameras presets I think would be convenient, too.

mcguyver

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »

lol: i would settle on having my image refresh.  ;D

J.B.

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »

Did you try the latest update? The video is streaming great on my 8530.
Version 3.287 was just put on the server.
It was an update for Blackberry issues.

mcguyver

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »

Did you try the latest update? The video is streaming great on my 8530.
Version 3.287 was just put on the server.
It was an update for Blackberry issues.

Yes I did J.B.. as soon as i saw your post a few up. I was hoping it would help but no go.  :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.