Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204083 times)

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2010, 01:32:58 PM »

What are your selections when your BB browser is open, bb key, scroll to options, browser config?

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2010, 04:33:58 PM »

What are your selections when your BB browser is open, bb key, scroll to options, browser config?

Ok, will this is my config. Don’t know how it will help. It must be that I am running just 3g.

The thing that puzzles me is to why it wont work on 3g. I had to tether off my blackberry today and the pages loaded on my computer in seconds. lol

Support javascript : checked
Allow javascript : checked
Terminate slow running scripts.: unchecked
Show images: checked
Use background images: checked
Support embedded media: checked
Browser identification: blackberry
Start page: home
That all there is in the browser config. folder.
Blackberry Storm -3G only

J.B.

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »

Have you tried clearing your cache recently?

Same steps, but instead of selecting Browser Configuration, select cache operations.

I'm at a loss. My video is now streaming fine. Slower than viewing in AHP, but that's to be expected.
There are still issues I'm having but this is not one of them.

J.B.

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »

Version 3.288.
Still issues.
Still no slide out menu and video is stretched.
Pan/tilt controls still display offset to the left.
Opening in a PC browser also cuts the edges of the video feed off.
The only time I have the full video being displayed is using my iTouch rotated sideways.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:04:37 PM by J.B. »

mcguyver

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »

Have you tried clearing your cache recently?

Same steps, but instead of selecting Browser Configuration, select cache operations.

I'm at a loss. My video is now streaming fine. Slower than viewing in AHP, but that's to be expected.
There are still issues I'm having but this is not one of them.

lol: yes i cleared the cache and everything else.
to make matters worse after updating i can no longer get my still images to come in.
 ::)

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »

Version 3.288.
Still issues.
Still no slide out menu and video is stretched.
Pan/tilt controls still display offset to the left.
Opening in a PC browser also cuts the edges of the video feed off.
The only time I have the full video being displayed is using my iTouch rotated sideways.
We just uploaded a new build 289 that fixes several issues:

288 fixed an alert message that should not have been released last night.  I believe you noticed that message this morning.

289 Moves the pan/tilt controls back to their original configuration for all cell phone types.  We moved the pan/tilt controls over to the left hand side so it was easier on non-touch versions of BlackBerries to select the different controls.  However, on BlackBerries with lower resolution screens, this moves the Pan Right too far into the center of the screen.  So we moved the controls back, and shrunk the Camera Tab where neccessary to make things fit at lower resolution.

289 Also includes aspect ratio settings for BlackBerries to better scale the video.  Phone screens don't really match 4:3 camera screens, so some scaling and cropping is in order to make things look right.

289 also fixes the issue on some earlier model BlackBerries (JD, yours is included in this list) where the phone renders the Camera tab behind the video.  This is fixed.

X10 Dev

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2010, 10:48:36 PM »

to make matters worse after updating i can no longer get my still images to come in.
:(  Well that's frustrating.  Nothing has changed with respect to still images.  Does 
http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=0 still load the latest video image and 
http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=-1&Cam=0 still load the latest still? 
127.0.0.1 changed to your port forwarded router IP of course.

By the way, for those of you who are upgrading a lot, the relevent files that the installer is updating are:
c:\program files\common files\x10\common\x10net.dll
c:\program files\common files\x10\common\WebApps\xphone.html 

J.B.

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2010, 12:47:12 AM »

Version 3.289.
So far, most everything seems to be working well on both the iTouch and Blackberry.
With the Blackberry, control placement is how it is on the iTouch and video is displaying properly.
Main controls seem to be functioning properly, though when I click certain sections of the bottom of the screen with the slide out menu open, it shows the other 3 cameras I currently have in AHP, but I cannot select them to control.
My iTouch will only display 6 of the 7 cameras from AHP to select and only if held in the standard vertical position.

X10 Dev

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2010, 03:18:31 AM »

Version 3.289.
So far, most everything seems to be working well on both the iTouch and Blackberry.
With the Blackberry, control placement is how it is on the iTouch and video is displaying properly.
Main controls seem to be functioning properly, though when I click certain sections of the bottom of the screen with the slide out menu open, it shows the other 3 cameras I currently have in AHP, but I cannot select them to control.
My iTouch will only display 6 of the 7 cameras from AHP to select and only if held in the standard vertical position.
We seem to be taking baby steps.  We'll get there.  The middle of the bottom of the screen contains a pagedown button.  You can cycle through up to 16 cameras.  I've updated the code so your phone should show the pagedown button and select cameras, but we'll test this through the day tommorrow before releasing it as 3.290.

J.B.

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2010, 03:24:47 AM »

It seems to be working much better than previous versions, especially on the Blackberry.
Thanks for being consistent with the updates.  >!

mcguyver

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2010, 08:53:38 AM »

:(  Well that's frustrating.  Nothing has changed with respect to still images.  Does 
http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=0 still load the latest video image and 
http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=-1&Cam=0 still load the latest still? 
127.0.0.1 changed to your port forwarded router IP of course.

By the way, for those of you who are upgrading a lot, the relevent files that the installer is updating are:
c:\program files\common files\x10\common\x10net.dll
c:\program files\common files\x10\common\WebApps\xphone.html 

Yes it is a bit frustrating here as well. rofl.

This link http://127.0.0.1:8777/iwatch works good off the computers internet explorer but does not refresh on the blackberry browser at all. Also on the cell I cannot get any image in the 4 boxes . I have both still and video recordings

This link http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=0 works well. I wish it had an easy refresh button because it loads fast on my blackberry.

This link http://127.0.0.1:8777/image?Act=image&Idx=-1&Cam=0  all I get is a test pattern. Both on the internet explorer and on the blackberry storm.

ErikP

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2010, 01:45:35 PM »

I saw on another thread that most of you are having better luck with the 290 software now.  One unadvertised thing we did is to add very simple refresh pages to help troubleshoot issues, and to just get minimal functionality out of phones with web compliance issues.

You can access these pages by replacing /iwatch with /iwmmeta or /iwmsimple.  Both versions have had all controls removed and only implement a method to view the currently selected camera stream.  iwmmeta is a very simple old school version which just loads the latest image from the current camera stream on page load, then reloads the whole page to refresh.  iwmsimple uses the same JavaScript refresh algorithm as the regular software. 

If you are still having problems with iWatchMobile please give these 2 pages a try and let us know how things work with them.  This will give us a better idea what is tripping up your phone.

mcguyver

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2010, 05:11:30 PM »

You can access these pages by replacing /iwatch with /iwmmeta or /iwmsimple.  Both versions have had all controls removed and only implement a method to view the currently selected camera stream.  iwmmeta is a very simple old school version which just loads the latest image from the current camera stream on page load, then reloads the whole page to refresh.  iwmsimple uses the same JavaScript refresh algorithm as the regular software. 

If you are still having problems with iWatchMobile please give these 2 pages a try and let us know how things work with them.  This will give us a better idea what is tripping up your phone.

Hello:
Both these links give me a 500 error on the blackberry storm and my computers internet explorer.

Icu2

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

/iwmmeta  gives me more of the actual camera view with a 5 second refresh rate on both IE and Firefox. On my Blackberry Bold 9700 I get a "500 Error".

/iwmsimple  gives me more of the actual camera view and constant streaming on both IE and Firefox.  On my Blackberry Bold 9700 I get a "500 Error".

/iwatch gives me a cropped view with constant streaming on both IE and Firefox. On my Blackberry Bold 9700 I get streaming video.

The BlackBerry settings that I use are:

In Options:
Browser Options, Browser Configuration:

Browser: Hotspot Browser
Support JavaScript (checked)
Show Images (checked)
Use Background Images (checked)
Support Embedded Media (checked)
*everything else is (unchecked)

Browser Identification:  BlackBerry

I found that in the BlackBerry's Browser Identification, the Firefox and Internet Explorer options also worked as long as I was using the Hotspot Browser.  However, I get the best picture using the BlackBerry Browser Identification since it gives me an image that fills the BlackBerry screen to its full capacity (not cropped).

I did not find any other setting changes that in my opinion were important.  I also made changes in my girlfriend's BlackBerry Bold 9700 to match those I've posted above and she too gets streaming video and we are both able to control pan and tilt on a Ninja Pan and Tilt Mount.

Please, if anyone knows of better settings than those I've posted please post them so that I may try them as-well. 

On a related note, Web streaming has been freezing on me occasionally.  It seems to happen right after a Windows Vista update and installation.  I've also noticed that if I reinstall the WebView Software (sw20A) without uninstalling it, I get Web streaming back as soon as the reinstall completes.
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

mcguyver

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2010, 07:53:04 AM »

Erikp, you never answered as to why both these links get the 500 error on the blackberry.
Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.