Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: New iWatchMobile  (Read 204071 times)

Frank3d

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: New iWatchMobile
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2010, 07:10:07 AM »

ErikP,
One more thing. Not sure I should post this here but since I’m using AHP for iWatch Mobile only to start with, I thought Id ask here.
In what order should I install the following applications in AHP Suite.
AHP, Smart Macro, iWatchOut, myHouse Online, AHP Home Security Solution, iWatchMobile. I do wish to install all of the others for future use.
Thanks #:)

ErikP

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2010, 04:32:26 PM »

In what order should I install the following applications in AHP Suite.
AHP, Smart Macro, iWatchOut, myHouse Online, AHP Home Security Solution, iWatchMobile. I do wish to install all of the others for future use.

The installers should be configured so that the order of install doesn't matter.  This works on our test systems, but I understand this hasn't been the case for some of you. 

In general, the safest thing to do is to install them in the order of release date from oldest to newest, but always starting with ActiveHome Pro.  All of the plug-ins you listed were updated together to synchronize the installers not long ago, and only iWatchMobile has been updated since then.  Assuming you have gotten the latest installers the install order shouldn't matter for those.

You can always get the latest installers from http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm.  Our version numbering system is universal across products so for example 3.290 will always be more recent than 3.289, even if it is two completely unrelated products.

kevinwheeler

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2010, 04:55:54 PM »

OK - not sure exactly where to post this, but here goes:

I have been running AHP and all the previously plug-ins for several years (AHP 3.236, SmartMacros, iWatchout, MyHouse Online and OnAlert), but read about the new ActivePhone and iMobileWatchout and decided to order them. I now have a few problems:

When I went to the software downloads page I noticed there were now new (3.285) versions of AHP, SmartMAcros, MyHouse Online and iWatchout, but not OnAlert. Is this correct or should there be a new version of OnAlert?

Without uninstalling anything, I installed the new AHP 3.285. This seemed to be working, but blanked out the registration status of AHP, and wouldn't accept my previous registration number. I then installed one of the 3 pieces of software I received with my new order (AVX Video - I think SW33A). What is this? I used the registration code for this on the AHP line and it seemed to work.

OK - next I installed the iWatchMobile software (SW45A) and saw it on the registration window and registered it, but didn't try using it. Then I installed the ActivePhone software (SW44A) and it removed the registration and information for iWatchMobile. I then re-installed the iWatchMobile and now all the software seemed registered and had registration codes.

Should I un-install everything and start over? What about OnAlert? I need the security devices for my home automation.

Lastly, when I now tried to use them, it seemed I could get to Active Phone over the web at port 8777 (a FireCracker like device appeared) and I could control a few devices, but after just a few button presses the web app stopped working (404 messages). The AHP software seemed fine - I could still control those devices from the AHP screen, but even stopping the X10NETS service and restarting it did not revive the web interface. I had to totally reboot. Also, I could not seem to access the iWatchMobile pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

kevinwheeler

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2010, 11:12:22 PM »

OK - almost everything is now cleared up. I uninstalled then reinstalled everything and now all seems fine. I can turn devices on and off many times with a few crashes (so far) listed below. But at least now if I end AHP, recycle x10nets and restart ahp it recovers without a reboot.

Just two small issues:

The wiki page for iWatchMobile has a small error - on the invite graphic is shows a url which ends in 8777/ahp - this should be 8777/iwatch.

Now that I can actually see video, is there any way to rotate the video so it is wider rather than taller? How about shrinking down the video so I can see everything the camera view on AHP sees?

My system is running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit (maintenance level current as of today) on an Intel E6550 based processor, 2GB 800MHz. DDR2 RAM. I have seen the following crashes, all with exception code 0xC0000005:

ActiveHm.exe v3.0.0.290 in module ole32.dll version 6.1.7600.16624
ActiveHm.exe v3.0.0.290 in module ahp.dll version 3.0.0.290
ActiveHm.exe v3.0.0.290 in module MSVCR71.dll version 7.10.6030.0

kevinwheeler

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2010, 11:32:57 PM »

Sorry - I forgot to tell you that my "phone" is just a PC running either Firefox V3.6.10 or IE 8.0 on Windows XP Pro or WIndows 7 Pro. And the + and - "buttons" on the left side of the "display" don't seem to do anything.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

X10 Dev

• Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2010, 12:33:47 AM »

Sorry - I forgot to tell you that my "phone" is just a PC running either Firefox V3.6.10 or IE 8.0 on Windows XP Pro or WIndows 7 Pro. And the + and - "buttons" on the left side of the "display" don't seem to do anything.

Any help is appreciated.
The + and - buttons on the left side of the display send zoom +/- commands to X10 Vanguard and Sentinel cameras.  The left/right/up/down arrows send pan/tilt commands to the X10 Ninja camera base, as well as Vanguard and Sentinel cameras.

X10 Dev

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2010, 12:53:50 AM »

Now that I can actually see video, is there any way to rotate the video so it is wider rather than taller? How about shrinking down the video so I can see everything the camera view on AHP sees?
We don't have a good way for you to enter camera preferences -- Right now the software tries to customize the view for every cell phone it knows about, and have reasonable default settings for the remainder.  So there is no *official* way to do what you ask.

However, if you're willing to pretend you didn't hear this from me, and accept that these steps will probably change with different releases of the software, here's what to do.
1. Open c:\program files\common files\x10\common\WebApps\xphone.html in Notepad.  This is the iWatchMobile client that gets downloaded to the phone.
2. Save a backup copy of this file.  You'll need to restore the file yourself (or reinstall the software) if something goes wrong.
3. Change the resolution on line 12 and line 13.  Currently, it reads:
        var deviceWidth = 320;
        var deviceHeight = 420;

3. Change this line to:
        var deviceWidth = 640;
        var deviceHeight = 480;

4. Change the aspect ratio on line 26.  Currently it reads:
        var zoomXPortrait = 2.0;
        var zoomYPortrait = 1.0;

5. Change this line to:
        var zoomXPortrait = 1.0;
        var zoomYPortrait = 1.0;

6. Now save this file.  The changes will be visible in your browser as soon as you refresh the page.  The video will now be full-resolution (640x480),
pulling full resolution video from the camera, and uncropped so you can view in the original 4:3 aspect ratio.

Again, you didn't hear this from me. 
8)

Icu2

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2010, 03:56:07 AM »

???  Is "iWatchMobile PRO" found at http://www.x10.com/promotions/sw47a_ed_world_premiere_1018.html  a new kind of software for the phone?  Wondering if after purchasing iWatchMobile I'm going to have to buy this one if I want to "Monitor and Check Up on Home from ANYWHERE in the World" using my phone.
"I have learned that no man has the right to look down at another man, unless it's to help him get back on his feet."

BlackBerry Bold 9700

X10 Dev

« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2010, 05:07:19 AM »

???  Is "iWatchMobile PRO" found at http://www.x10.com/promotions/sw47a_ed_world_premiere_1018.html  a new kind of software for the phone?  Wondering if after purchasing iWatchMobile I'm going to have to buy this one if I want to "Monitor and Check Up on Home from ANYWHERE in the World" using my phone.
iWatchMobile PRO is a new plugin separate from iWatchMobile.  It's an upgrade of iWatchMobile and offers a number of new features. 

1. Enhanced 3G support.  The PRO version uses servers located at X10 so that you can access your video without setting up port forwarding on your home router.  The standard version is meant for WiFi use only (and 3G for those users who are comfortable with configuring port forwarding on their own.)  The PRO version supports video over 3G (or anything else) without any special configuration. 

2. Camera Presets.  With the PRO version, you can quickly move your camera to a preset position.

3. Camera Control.  The PRO version includes a quicktouch control panel, so you can touch a zoom slider or pan/tilt box to quickly select a new camera position.

4. History.  With the PRO version, you can review your still history from your phone.  You can play back your stills as a high-speed video, or pause and advance frame by frame.

kevinwheeler

« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2010, 11:56:12 AM »

OK. This PRO thing has opened a new can of worms, at least for me. I was going to ask if there were plans to add pan to presets in the existing version of iWatchMobile, as that is about the only thing that is missing for me; if not I know how to add that via a macro that I can use from ActivePhone. However some of the features of PRO might be worth paying for but only if it still allowed me an option to host my own web server. My experience with MyHouse Online, using X10's servers, has been hit and miss, but mostly miss (it has only worked for me about 5% of the time). I purchased both ActivePhone and iWatchMobile specifically so that I can host the services myself.

So, will Pan to Preset be added to iWatchMobile?

Is or will there be an option in iWatchMobile PRO to host my own services?

Thanks.

Kevin

X10 Dev

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »

OK. This PRO thing has opened a new can of worms, at least for me. I was going to ask if there were plans to add pan to presets in the existing version of iWatchMobile, as that is about the only thing that is missing for me; if not I know how to add that via a macro that I can use from ActivePhone. However some of the features of PRO might be worth paying for but only if it still allowed me an option to host my own web server. My experience with MyHouse Online, using X10's servers, has been hit and miss, but mostly miss (it has only worked for me about 5% of the time). I purchased both ActivePhone and iWatchMobile specifically so that I can host the services myself.

So, will Pan to Preset be added to iWatchMobile?

Is or will there be an option in iWatchMobile PRO to host my own services?

Thanks.

Kevin
Pant to Preset will is a PRO feature only.

With iWatchMobile PRO, you have the choice of direct access or access via X10's reflector.  Or you can use both. 

Also worth noting, the reflector servers for iWatchMobile PRO have been redesigned and rewritten from scratch -- Don't judge them based on your experience with Vanguard.  Still, it's nice to have direct access, so there's always that option too.

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »

iWatchMobile PRO is a new plugin separate from iWatchMobile.  It's an upgrade of iWatchMobile and offers a number of new features.

1. Enhanced 3G support.  The PRO version uses servers located at X10 so that you can access your video without setting up port forwarding on your home router.  The standard version is meant for WiFi use only (and 3G for those users who are comfortable with configuring port forwarding on their own.)  The PRO version supports video over 3G (or anything else) without any special configuration.

2. Camera Presets.  With the PRO version, you can quickly move your camera to a preset position.

3. Camera Control.  The PRO version includes a quicktouch control panel, so you can touch a zoom slider or pan/tilt box to quickly select a new camera position.

4. History.  With the PRO version, you can review your still history from your phone.  You can play back your stills as a high-speed video, or pause and advance frame by frame.

Hmmm.... A lot of this sounds really familiar to me for some reason.
Very nice, now I will have to buy the software a "second" time.
Still no iris and focus controls for the Vanguard and Sentinels?

Also, any estimate on when this will even be available to download?
It's not currently on the servers...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:12:55 PM by J.B. »

kevinwheeler

« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2010, 01:24:29 PM »

OK - so since I just bought iWatchMobile a day or two ago can I upgrade it to PRO for just the difference in price? When was PRO announced? Sure wish I knew about it before! I am willing to pay the $10 difference but not the $30 "full" price.

Kevin

mcguyver

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »

OK - so since I just bought iWatchMobile a day or two ago can I upgrade it to PRO for just the difference in price? When was PRO announced? Sure wish I knew about it before! I am willing to pay the $10 difference but not the $30 "full" price.

Kevin

lol Some how i feel used and abused. The iWatchmobile was a work in progress and instead of making it better you all came out with a different version. This is just not right.  >*< And please do not give me that it was meant for wii fi. Thats not what was advertised. Geez
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:31:42 PM by mcguyver »
Blackberry Storm -3G only

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »

X10 did it again!  Have everybody think that they have a new program, everybody gets on the band wagon and buys it.  Then a couple of days later put out a "Pro" version  which is just the same program with a few more features and maybe some of the bugs worked out from the old version!  Sounds like to me that X10 wanted paid for you being the beta testers!   X10 you should be ashamed of yourselves!
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.