Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AHP erratic Behavior  (Read 5584 times)

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: AHP erratic Behavior
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 07:51:01 PM »

Yes, that would be an issue.

I have mine on an uninterruptable power supply and set AHP, my video DVR software and the remote access software (VNC) into my startup folder.  I still have trouble sometimes when Windows has to reboot for an update and it refuses to reboot correctly.  I hid my computer in the back of a closet, and it is a hassle to crawl in there and reboot everything correctly.    :(
>!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »

In addition to the computer being on, must it also be running AHP for remote access?

My problem is that we leave home for an extended period in the winter and although I have a spare computer that I leave home, i'm uncomfortable leaving it on for an extended period. It is susceptible to power outages, reboots, etc that may require manual intervention to resume operation. 

The CM15A will send signals on the power line if the timers and macros are downloaded to it, even if the PC is off.   Two years ago last summer my wife and I took a two week cruse from New York to Canada.  I prepared a special .ahx file that had lights going on and off like we were there. The morning we left I opened AHP, cleared the CM15A, loaded the vacation.ahx file and loaded it to the CM15A.  I closed AHP, shut the PC down and the CM15A faithfully ran the timers for two solid weeks.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 08:11:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure MyHouse Online wouldn't have worked, though...   :'
>!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 07:44:31 AM »

I'm pretty sure MyHouse Online wouldn't have worked, though...   :'

Of course. MyHouse Online didn't exist in 2008, plus I use NO plug-ins what so ever.  Don't want or need any.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »

I believe. On Alert, Smart Macros and MyHouse Online. All need the computer and AHP running to work.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.