Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problem using multiple x10 ninja pantilt  (Read 30021 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problem using multiple x10 ninja pantilt
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »

I believe most of the X10 modules can accept 50Hz. The timing is just slower timing.
This particular setup is unique as the X10 power line signals seemed not to get through the step down transformer.
If it is electronic and 60 Hz is coming out of it. We never got a real answer to that question.

Thus a TM751 on each bases transformer.

The problem seems to be one base can be on at a time or they all move.

So No you can not have two different users with remotes only control their base. As one is On and follow the common pan and tilt commands from either remote. If both where On like in one of the tests. Both would follow the commands.
The only exception would be if the bases where far enough apart to not receive the others RF commands. It sounds like yours are not that far from each other.

I am actually surprised this works as well as it does.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:51:52 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »

I believe most of the X10 modules can accept 50Hz. The timing is just slower timing.
Thus a TM751 on each bases transformer.

I am actually surprised this even works at all.
Yes, I forgot eyeonu is using RF and four TM751's, one for each Ninja, not PLC, to control.
So each TM751 has to be on separate house code.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »

The problem seems to be. The pan and tilt commands are not house code specific and when more than one base is on. They all move even when we tried different house codes; or so it looks.

eyeonu

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 02:34:52 PM »

hmm yes very strange, but so why c10 came each pantilt with one remote ? if you buy 4 you can use only one remote no ?

another question if we put this pantilt for security, if a thief have an remote x10 remote control, he can move and control all the cameras away no ?

eyeonu

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »

The problem seems to be. The pan and tilt commands are not house code specific and when more than one base is on. They all move even when we tried different house codes; or so it looks.

yes the house code doesn''t resolve the problem, if i put one on A and other on B the same move together but if i put A1 and A2 they move individualy

some costumers that they have videochat studios ask me if they can use them, and the girls that have separate room to use individualy, but what answer to give them ? they cannot use this item ?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »

We are not official X10 here but I would imagine each kit comes with a remote to complete the set.
Those that have more than one kit can use one remote to control them all or each remote can control all of them.
The control of which pan and tilt base is On is done with the addressable power supply. Using power line signals.
All the same house code and groups of four unit codes 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. Turn one in the group On the other three go Off so they don't follow the pan and tilt commands. If more than one is On they all move.

Larger numbers of bases need software running on a computer or a optional remote that can do up to 16 cameras or bases. Though that one can not do the pan and tilt commands.

Can a thief move the cameras. I guess it is possible, but any X10 remote could send an Off command and turn off the power supplies and cameras if they where X10 models. Though it may take a short time to go through the 256 combinations of house and unit codes.

The folks at the videochat studios maybe out of luck. One girl moves a camera and another one is On. Yes they both would move.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:15:48 PM by Brian H »

eyeonu

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 03:04:28 AM »

hmmm i think to resolve the problem is to modify the remote control, someone know how can i modify to send a smaller signal, did this remote have an antena for wireless signal, so i can modify something to send an signal maximum of 5m

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »

The CR14A remote uses one tuned coil to do both the sending of the RF signal and tuning it to 310MHz. There is no separate antenna and modifying the original coil would make it stop sending.

I am not sure if you could reduce the voltage to the transmitter section enough to get a shorter distance.

Here is X10s information on finding the schematics and internal photos if you want to look at them.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Schematics
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:16:53 AM by Brian H »

eyeonu

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »

brian the link http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Schematics did not show me some schematics
do i find something on ?
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/ ?

there i need to insert some product code ?

eyeonu

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »

i find it

Grantee Code: b4s Product Code: cr14a 

but i don't think it will help me much
i send today the product to an electronist to see if he can male something to the remote so make an lower signal

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 10:41:18 AM »

If you go to the FCC web site and input the B4S and CR14A. You will find the schematics and internal photos of the unit in the details tab.
It maybe a help to your electronic technician see if it can be done.

X10 does not use any extra components in their designs. So there may not be much that can be done without effecting the transmitters frequency.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:01:32 AM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.