Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I just need a little help..TIA  (Read 4977 times)

Goldwing

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
I just need a little help..TIA
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:51:02 AM »

I need a little help on setting up a macro and I would imagine that I am not alone.  I only need to use AHP in its simplest format. I want to turn on and off ceiling lights and appliances using the available lamp and delay modules for a given room.  I currently have 8 macros all controlled by individual timers.  All the timers have only a start time which I assume would trigger the macro.  All the info is stored in the interface, not the PC.  The interface appears to be working correctly and I update it using the menu item“Download timers and Macros” whenever I make a change.

It appears that none of the macros are working. All the macro modules are located in “My Room”.  When I select the button “Run Macro” to test nothing happens.
Under the Rooms heading, if I go room by room I am able to turn all the modules off and on

1.  I am using AHPversion 3.271
2.  Lamps are controlled using module LM 465
3.  Ceiling lights are controlled using WS 467
4.  Appliances are controlled using AM486
5.  All the trigger numbers assigned to the timers are correct.
6.  If I open the individual macros all the triggers are on
7.  All the Macros were created using the “Smart” macro creator with simple default interface checked
     and I did not use any conditions 

I hope this is enough info for someone to give me some help   B:(

PS Maybe I should just use timers and forget the macros, but then I cannot go back and add conditions to a macro

Goldwing

Re: I just need a little help..TIA
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »

I was getting very upset with the program and read the forums until my eyes were crossed.  As a last resort I decided to start over from the beginning.
I cleared the interface and reinstalled the macros and timers and to my amazement ever thing worked OK.  I guess somehow there was some clutter
in the interface that was causing the problem.  It's a little like getting frustrated with the computer and formatting the hard disk to start over.  >!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »

I was getting very upset with the program and read the forums until my eyes were crossed.  As a last resort I decided to start over from the beginning.
I cleared the interface and reinstalled the macros and timers and to my amazement ever thing worked OK.  I guess somehow there was some clutter
in the interface that was causing the problem.  It's a little like getting frustrated with the computer and formatting the hard disk to start over.  >!

I always clear the interface every time I change .ahx files (I only have 14 different .ahx files for use the entire year.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Goldwing

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 07:01:19 PM »

Dan...what are ahx files? Could you also tell me what you think about using the dawn to dusk settings?  Are they reliable?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:03:28 PM by Goldwing »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »

.ahx is the file suffix that AHP uses when you create a named file and save it.  Two files myhome.ahx and samples.ahx are created by AHP when you install it.   My files I create have distinctive names like Fall.ahx for this time of year. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.