Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs  (Read 220409 times)

ssnui

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: New & Old (outstanding) AHP Bugs
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2011, 09:46:43 PM »

I'm still using 3.313 running on my WHS. After a week vacation, I returned home and surprised to see memory usage over 101K. I restarted the X10nets service, it's kind of hung and I have to use Task manager to kill it to restart. Three days later I check again and memory usage is over 107K. I attached the screencapture here.
Please only report bugs for current versions.
The memory leak was reported before and was looked into.
Current version is 3.316
 >!
Thanks, I just download 3.316 but I don't see any notes that this has been fixed so I assume it's still there, but I'll report any new status regarding this.

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2011, 04:29:16 PM »

I have been trying to find an answer to my dilemma, and haven't been able to (IF I have been asking the correct question???).
  I know I have seen this before, but cannot find it now.
  My problem is:
I have a macro that runs (starts) at 3:05 a.m. to turn off lights.
The macro (I have shortened it alot, but left in pieces of it):
1) turn off a light
2) close curtains (appliance module turn ON)
3) turn off all lights in a room
4) delay 10 minutes
5) dim another light
6) delay 5 minutes
7) dim another light
8) delay 5 minutes
..... you get the idea
  The total time for the macro (events + delays) is 50 minutes
HOWEVER...
  the WHOLE macro runs from start to finish, and REPEATS AFTER EACH DELAY!!!
meaning that ALL the modules are "commanded" at 3:05 a.m., 3:10, 3:15, 3:20, etc.  (these times are my delay times for the "groups" of modules that I am controlling, NOT at the SAME time though!).
  IF I start AHP and then close it, the macros seem to run correctly.  IF I reboot my computer and do NOT start and close AHP, I get the same incorrect macro run.
  I have to start and close AHP to "reset" the macro delays in order for them to run correctly.
  I am using 3.316.  This also happened with 3.315, and I started with 3.310 but don't know if that had problems as I have been adding to my macros over time, and haven't paid attention to problems until recently.
  Is this a problem that has been around for a while?
  Is there something that I am missing when I write my macros?
BTW... with 3.315 and 3.316, I get the famous M MTCDDVD occurring randomly, BUT new neighbors have just moved in two doors down and I noticed a Protection 1 placard in their yard, SO I need to find out if they have a wireless security system installed... bet they DO!  (I don't have any wireless security sensors, my system is wired... GASP!!!!... how "yesterday"!)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »

This is a known bug. commands run twice after X10nets is started and before AHP is opened. It is already on the bug list.
No idea when the developers will fix it, though.
The simple answer is to just open AHP and close it after you log back into the PC after a reboot.

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2011, 02:29:51 AM »

This is a known bug. commands run twice after X10nets is started and before AHP is opened. It is already on the bug list.
No idea when the developers will fix it, though.
The simple answer is to just open AHP and close it after you log back into the PC after a reboot.
Hello Noam and thanks for the reply!
  I kinda thought this was a known bug and I know I read it SOMEWHERE, just couldn't find it so I thought I would ask AGAIN.
  And yes, for now I will just have to open AHP after a reboot to keep the macro from running multiple times and insert the delays when they are supposed to happen, rather than run the WHOLE macro at EACH delay.
  Hope that it does get fixed sometime though as my lights in the macro are set to dim a little at each delay and what happens is the lights all turn off, then when the macro runs again (after the delay timeout) the lights come on again!  REALLY annoys my birds...  rofl
Thanks for the reply! >!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »

X10 released AHP version 3.318.
The only item they list is support for the VA13A (which must be a new video adapter).
They don't list any bug fixes in the version history.
If anyone feels compelled to test any of the outstanding bugs (or the ones that were reported fixed, but I couldn't confirm myself), please let me know here, and I'll update the list.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »

It looks like the "M MTCDDVD" bug has been fixed! I got a report from one user, and confirmation from one of the developers that a fix was put into the code.

I've moved it to the "Reported fixed" list.
If anyone else can test it, please report back here, and I'll move it to the "confirmed fixed" list.

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2011, 05:34:45 PM »

Confirmed!!!! The M MTCDDVD's are gone!!!! :)% :)%
Just check and I see in the log prior to the update they were there and after the update they are gone.  I know that it was more of an annoyance  but I am glad that the "M MTCDDVD" is fixed.

Cheers,
Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2011, 06:57:42 PM »

Confirmed!!!! The M MTCDDVD's are gone!!!! :)% :)%
Just check and I see in the log prior to the update they were there and after the update they are gone.  I know that it was more of an annoyance  but I am glad that the "M MTCDDVD" is fixed.

Cheers,
Nate
Wonderful! I've moved it to the "confirmed" list.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2011, 02:12:04 PM »

I added a new bug to the list:
* Macros triggered by a security sensor are run twice, while macros triggered by a normal HC/UC are run only once.

I would appreciate it if someone else can test and verify this. If it turns out not to be a repeatable bug (other than the one user who reported it), then I'll take it off the list, and ask the developers to work with the user directly to resolve it.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2011, 11:08:56 AM »

New bug added:

* Commands are no longer "grouped" in macros (ex: "E1, E2, E On" is now "E1, E On, E2, E On").

(v3.318, added 12/27/2011 by Noam)

Reported by user "s0urc3f0ur" in this thread:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25852.0

m82a1pa

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »

New macro bug:

I have a macro condition - 'Not Disarmed'  for a Security Armed State tied to IR sensors.  It runs when the alarm system is disarmed and an IR sensor is tripped..  I had to change it to 'Exactly Armed Home' which means I have to add another macro for 'Exactly Armed Away'.  It was working on the AHP previous version.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2011, 12:57:46 PM »

New macro bug:

I have a macro condition - 'Not Disarmed'  for a Security Armed State tied to IR sensors.  It runs when the alarm system is disarmed and an IR sensor is tripped..  I had to change it to 'Exactly Armed Home' which means I have to add another macro for 'Exactly Armed Away'.  It was working on the AHP previous version.
What version were you using before?
I don't have the security plugins, so I can't test this myself. Is there a generic "armed" condition?
Are you using other conditions, or can you set it to "[Exactly Armed Home] or [Exactly Armed Away]" ?

Can anyone else out there with the security plugins duplicate this?
I try to get as much information as I can about it before adding it to the list and e-mailing the developers.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 01:00:46 PM by Noam »

m82a1pa

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »

Hi Noam,

I'm not sure of the version number when it worked.  Whichever version was the latest in 12/2010 (I just use the macros around Christmas).

The [Not Disarmed] condition is the generic armed condition while the other two covers home or away.  The condition is coupled to a IR trigger in one macro and the other macro is coupled to a door sensor trigger.  I couldn't figure out (or even possible) to do an OR condition for both sensors in one macro.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »

Hi Noam,

I'm not sure of the version number when it worked.  Whichever version was the latest in 12/2010 (I just use the macros around Christmas).
3.296 was released 11/3/2010, and 3.301 was released on 12/20/2010.

The [Not Disarmed] condition is the generic armed condition while the other two covers home or away.  The condition is coupled to a IR trigger in one macro and the other macro is coupled to a door sensor trigger.  I couldn't figure out (or even possible) to do an OR condition for both sensors in one macro.
I'm not sure what you mean by "an OR condition for both sensors in one macro"
I thought your condition was the "not Disarmed".

m82a1pa

« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »

What I was looking to do was:

Condition [Security Is Not Disarmed]

Trigger [Basement Door Sensor Triggered] OR [Basement Motion Sensor Motion Detected]

It appears that there is only one trigger allowed.

It looks like you can have multiple conditions, but the IR modules are unavailable for conditions.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:12:30 PM by m82a1pa »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.