Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Tuicemen's Off grid setup!  (Read 113350 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Tuicemen's Off grid setup!
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2018, 05:38:19 AM »

I'm not sure if HG can send RF but it can see all X10 RF and act on them even security codes.
Play arround with creating macros.
My setup here displays all door window sensors and their current status.
My security key flob arm button is set to arm the security in HG and the Disarm button disarms it.
Currently I can get pictures emailed to me when any security sensor is triggered if Security is armed.
I can arm/disarm my security console (DS7000) from HG using a script which tells a Broadlink RM to send the coresponding RF.
I don't have this on a timer but is is possible.
Nothing is stored on my CM15

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2018, 08:22:07 AM »

So I played with macros and found that I can do IF THEN actions.  Neat. 
I found under  programs, X10 called X10 virtual module mapper.  Sounds like right place to map security things like DS10 but even when enabled, I cannot figure it out - does not seem to do anything.

Is there ANY documentation on HG anywhere on the net?  The built in user guide is useless as it does not tell anything about using any of the hg stuff.

I saw somewhere a reference to a backup file of our server setup, but I cannot find any place to save it or load it.  If indeed there is a restore button, maybe you would share your setup?  Then maybe I could learn from your examples? 

https://genielabs.github.io/HomeGenie/api/mig/overview.html etc site has some stuff, but all like toplevel assuming we already know how to use the features there.

Very Frustrating.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2018, 09:31:36 AM »

There is a place under maintenance  configuration to do backup and restores.
The problem with sharing configurations is all the passwords.
HG like many things which run in Linux is very frustrating to get a handle on. It is very difficult to find well writen documentation with clear step by step instructions. It feels like everything is written for experiance users not newbies. I found the homegenie.club forum to be geared more to windows users but even then info is spares.
I found ahomegenie for dummies doc which i posted on my forum in the pi section I've addes some info to it and plan to expand on it possibly on a rainy day.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »

yes!  agree to all.  seems the old forum had  more info for newbies.  Yes, that kevininv doc is the ONLY thing - besides you and bkenobi of course - that got me started.  I feel I have mastered 5% of the BASICS now...

Just found in that doc near the back:

http://192.168.1.34/api/HomeAutomation.X10/A6/Control.On

WOW!!   This alone makes HG work it!  We have crappy oversold frontier DSL, no other choices available here in the woods.  When a new person in town wants on the internet, it kicks someone else off;  only solution is wait 1-2 hours to get reconnected automatically or pwr down and up the modem.  So I have an appliance module on it, but it is touch and go to turn on from the house and not convenient for my wife to go find the x10 remote, remember which button to push...   So now I put a BUTTON on her Mac desktop to do it!  Your guidance helped  me make a micro to turn pwr off (2 times just in case, then turn on 2x, then reset the A6 module that calls the reset.

very small steps, but I feel in another 300 hours I will be up to about 30% competent!    Continued thanks for your patient help!

mike

« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2018, 10:06:45 AM »

It appears from the referenced utube oon hg x10 security setup that the ds10 and motion sensor are setup as security devices.  then they can be picked from the add module list.  I cannot seem to find anywhere HOW to set up a DS10 as a security device like door sensor.  Is it simple?  Would you mind sharing how?

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »

I own a bunch of DS10 sensirs, but they never left their boxes.  I use MS16A for my motion sensors and they work fine.  I set them up as a sensor type and can see them toggle in HG.  I use them in C# code but don't use the Wizard type so not sure what's needed there.

mike

« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »

thx bk.  yes, I put in  my MS16As but as simple switches - that way I can label them Barn Motion, Office Motion, etc;  if set as sensor it FORCES the name sensor which I did not like.    I still would like to know if HG can see the extended code for security devices, HOW to config them!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »

I don't  have any motion sensors setup here but do have a few setup in the city all are security type.If I remember they setup just like the door window sensors.  Tip them and HG sees them then go to configure groups and add modules. They will be listed as security devices but I don't remember if HG states it as a sensor or just security device.
I do have a couple MS10A security sensors here as well as a MS13A motion sensor. If I can find batteries I'll  try to set up one of the security sensors. >!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:53:39 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2018, 12:58:19 PM »

Ok so I found a couple batteries  to see if Security motion sensors set up the same as a door window sensor and they do.
Just trigger them and GH sees them and adds them as a module under x10 devices.
I also comented on the Homegenie.club forum about DS10A setups.
Now to figure out what to use this for here rofl
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »

THANK YOU TUICEMEN!!!

I had no idea to try to "trigger" it so HG sees it...   I will try that tomorrow!  I have triggered various DS10's in the past while HG was running, and it never picked them up...  Not sure how you are doing this for them to be seen!  Maybe trigger  must be done during a specific operation in HG?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2018, 01:53:13 PM »

I believe you may have to go into configuration/programs/x10 and turn on the "x10 RF virtual modules mapper".
Mine was working (active) with my HG initial install but if yours isn't turned on that may be your issue.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:08:03 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »

mine is default OFF;  like I said, I turned it on then tried my keyfob and say nothing so turned it back off.  Will turn on again and try!  thanks.

If someone would just take EACH icon in HG and explain it!!  Then this program would take the internet by all HA surveys!

mike

« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2018, 06:54:15 AM »

still nothing...  I tried half a dozen DS10's, keyfobs, and nothing happens, nothing is added to my list...  You say it adds 'S***** x10 security' to the X10 list...  at top or bottom of the list?  I get nothing. 

Maybe because I don't have the right X10 mapping program built in my version (latest)?  Here is what I see.  This program seems to be to make 'virtual' things, and then to list them as RF not security things?  I do have 16 of these RF things in the modules list - again, no clue what they are from or for?

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2018, 07:52:51 AM »

Are other X10 RF devices working?  In AHP you can disable RF which presumably turns it off in the CM15A.  I think you said it worked in AHP, so I assume that's not the case.

mike

« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2018, 08:03:53 AM »

Are other X10 RF devices working?  In AHP you can disable RF which presumably turns it off in the CM15A.  I think you said it worked in AHP, so I assume that's not the case.

Interesting comment...  Yes all rf worked before in AHP and also all house codes work in HG.  I can send a code like A3 ON and A3 OFF from a remote and HG sees it and changes the A3 module accordingly.  I can also turn A3 on/off from HG module.   

But I have, and always have had, AHP interface configed to NONE for transceived house codes as it was crashing with my v572  picked up rf on the powerline (I think).  I will try turning it on AUTO need to stop HG service then turn AHP off and back on - I have it running so I can see my old macros - since it is not connected)...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.