Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System  (Read 81717 times)

george536

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 03:49:01 PM »

hrm, well i guess ill be getting one.

ill just set one of the two codes for the horns and another for one switch. And ill have AHP to do a "all lights on" when the alarm is triggered.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »

Your Powerhorns may work.

bigjohn9944 found his Powerhorns did with them set to one of the two security codes.
He also reported the two security addressed lamps flashed and not the whole house code.

jbcol1 also got his Powerhorns working with one of the two security codes.

Maybe both have later revision ones than I have or the SC1200 has a slightly different signal timing sequence. From what my 49-1000 has.

Well I'm happy theres a work around for the powerhorns but it's a real bummer concerning only two light codes. Think they might change this if we all complained....  ??? well that's what we did with the pitiful range on the AHP unit didn't we and we'll still waiting.  :'  Just really don't know how they could have overlooked that feature, really made the older DS7000 unique it was an incredible feature.

Tom j.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:51:59 PM by tom j »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 06:31:15 AM »

I doubt they will change the way the security light codes work.

In the older X10 forums. Before moving to this one.
Many of the X10 OEM; Radio Shack 49-1000 kit users complained about powerhorn quirks and only two security codes. Not the whole house code.
Since the new X10 one is almost a copy of the RS unit from I believe five years ago.
My bet is nothing will change.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 08:43:51 AM »

I did some tests with a Radio Shack 49-1000 console.
This may or may not be 100% how a X10 SC1200 works with Powerhorns.

Three older date code 02H35 PH508s Large Powerhorn.Will not trigger with either security addresses.
I have no later PH508s to test with.

Two older Date Code 04H33 SH10A Small Powerhorn. Will not trigger with either security addresses.
Two newer Date Code 07E20 SH10A Small Powerhorn. Will trigger on either security address.

So the date code of your Powerhorns maybe the factor on working or not.

Line monitor files attached. From the 49-1000. Using an 1132CU controller. Smarthome Essentials Software.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:26:36 PM by Brian H »

tom j

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 09:42:37 PM »

I did some tests with a Radio Shack 49-1000 console.
This may or may not be 100% how a X10 SC1200 works with Powerhorns.

Three older date code 02H35 PH508s Large Powerhorn.Will not trigger with either security addresses.
I have no later PH508s to test with.

Two older Date Code 04H33 SH10A Small Powerhorn. Will not trigger with either security addresses.
Two newer Date Code 07E20 SH10A Small Powerhorn. Will trigger on either security address.

So the date code of your Powerhorns maybe the factor on working or not.

Line monitor files attached. From the 49-1000. Using an 1132CU controller. Smarthome Essentials Software.

Say this is not good news I was going to say something but...... >*<      >*<     >*<

Tom j.

tom j

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »

I doubt they will change the way the security light codes work.

In the older X10 forums. Before moving to this one.
Many of the X10 OEM; Radio Shack 49-1000 kit users complained about powerhorn quirks and only two security codes. Not the whole house code.
Since the new X10 one is almost a copy of the RS unit from I believe five years ago.
My bet is nothing will change.

Brian well tell me WHY do you think they designed it like that, I really like the ability to flash all the lights on a given house code. And why would they not design it to work with the powerhorns am I missing something.  ???

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 06:22:56 AM »

I don't have a clue. Why two security address where implemented and not like the older DS7000 that sent All Lights On and All Units Off. When an alarm was triggered.

As for the Powerhorns. I think X10 goofed with the OEM 49-1000 kit for Radio Shack.
Radio Shack was told the Powerhorns should be fine by X10. They where not.
I believe the later Powerhorns may have modified firmware in them. My two SH10A units with a 2007 date code will trigger on my 49-1000 while my 2004 PH508 and SH10A units will not.

Same for the early and later date code soft start LM465s. The original ones do not flash as they try and ramp on and off. My later ones start to ramp but revert to fast on and off. When a console flashes them.

Waynemor

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 09:55:27 AM »

I ended up putting my review in "New X 10 Alarm Panel"
Check it out there.
I think for the most part that this one is a definite improvement.
Wayne

tom j

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 06:16:59 PM »

I ended up putting my review in "New X 10 Alarm Panel"
Check it out there.
I think for the most part that this one is a definite improvement.
Wayne

Just saw it excellent review, left you a question. Thanking you in advance.

Tom j.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »

Brian well tell me WHY do you think they designed it like that, I really like the ability to flash all the lights on a given house code. And why would they not design it to work with the powerhorns am I missing something.  ???

Tom j.

Tom:

Think about this:

When X10 came about, House Codes were designed to be neighbor friendly.  i.e. You could be HC A and the guy next door could be HC B etc. etc.

At some point [total speculation]  it was decided that having all the lights flash in a house when the alarm tripped would be annoying, so the fine folks at the ShackŪ specified that their unit wouldn't flash them all, thus making the unit from the ShackŪ superior to the X10 counterpart.

The thing with the powerhorns (not all, mind you, just the ones) was an obvious oversight, which we know never happens with X10  :'

Just my theory.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

tom j

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 01:39:33 AM »

Tom j.

Tom:

Think about this:

When X10 came about, House Codes were designed to be neighbor friendly.  i.e. You could be HC A and the guy next door could be HC B etc. etc.

At some point [total speculation]  it was decided that having all the lights flash in a house when the alarm tripped would be annoying, so the fine folks at the ShackŪ specified that their unit wouldn't flash them all, thus making the unit from the ShackŪ superior to the X10 counterpart.

The thing with the powerhorns (not all, mind you, just the ones) was an obvious oversight, which we know never happens with X10  :'

Just my theory.

Hum... I don't know annoying, annoying to who? I would hope it would be annoying to the guy that broke in. When I did have a breakin it was at night and it caught the attention of all my neighbors they said my house looked like it was alive!! the crooks ran out empty handed. Guess they found it kind of annoying.  :D  ;D

Tom j.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 06:41:38 AM »

I never said annoying was a bad thing.  Every time my mother-in-law visits, it keeps most other visitors away.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »

I never said annoying was a bad thing.  Every time my mother-in-law visits, it keeps most other visitors away.
Coffee out the nose again!   rofl
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tom j

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »

That's why I was saying that the more lights and noise the better, I personally thank this was a bad call on x10 part. Anyone else think it's actually better to have JUST TWO light codes. Just curious.  ???

Tom j.

Pat Kelly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 04:43:40 AM »

Is the SecuriLINK the same product as the SafeGuard http://www.marmitek.com/en/product/09604 from Marmitek?
That one is supporting the powerhorn.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.