Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System  (Read 81938 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »

tom j; I don't think the Powerhorns are 100% compatible with the SC1200 or the RS 49-1000 consoles. Hardware version may make a difference on how they act.

My new PSH01 responds differently to manually sent cycles of All Units On ,All Lights Off or On and Off to the exact address. Than my older ones.

Peek inside shows a 100% different PC Board and components. Like surface mounted parts, not like the through hole parts in the older versions.

I think the problem is still the fact that two security addresses. Then an On or Off is sent. The timing circuits don't respond to them as expected. Manually sending the single address On-Off cycle or the All Lights On-All Units Off. Triggers all of them with no hitches.

My 1132CU controller with Smarthome Essentials Software. Has a signal test tool. I can send a cycle of on off commands, at varied times.
My new one at three second cycle. Start, pause, then start again.  Two second cycles are better and one second is 100%.

Brian I'm sure everyone here is grateful for all the work you and waynemor have done for the group. Do you think x10 will correct this obvious flaw and are you saying that that you can duplicate the All Light On Off sequence when the alarm is tripped with that Smarthome Essentials software. Thanks again for a Great job!  :)%

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 07:00:13 AM »

Well the Radio Shack users in 2005 where having the same problems with the 49-1000.
I doubt they will change anything in the console.
I do think they did change things in the Powerhorns and maybe timing critical. If I tried another one it may actually work correctly.
I thought maybe I was missing something. As I was bench testing it and didn't have a phone number or message in it. Didn't seem to change anything when I added them. Though it was still not on a phone line.

With the Smarthome Essentials software I can send manually the All Lights On and All Units Off. I don't think you can have it send the sequences automatically. I am not sure if the Pro version was different. Essentials was free with the 1132CU. Pro added $69.99  ;D
The signal test tool can send the On and Off cycle to an address at one to ten seconds. That is where I tested the timing with an On Off Cycle.
It is also quite dated and does not work with newer Windows Systems or ever have the Daylight Saving Times corrected. Called it Legacy Software. No patches from Smarthome.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:29:55 AM by Brian H »

dwyane

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »

The remote access feature doesn’t work if you using a answering mechine. :(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »

Is the answering machine new (digital) or a old model?
Does it have any answer options that you can change?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bigjohn9944

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 02:28:42 PM »

ALSO.......... Are you attempting remote access using a regular landline phone or a cel phone?

bigjohn9944

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »

Has anyone tried the new console with VOIP?
I have a customer (out of state Ebay sale) who can't get it to dial out and it doesn't answer when he tries to call in.
His VOIP comes into his home via fiber optic.
A regular phone plugged into the same jack as the console works fine for both  incoming and outgoing calls.
Although he has no problem faxing, that "rule" always was kind of "IFFY" on the DS7000. Some VOIPs didn't work with that to the extent I finally had to change my description to say "plugged into a regular telephone company jack"

Jeff M

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 05:24:55 PM »

I'm using my SC1200 with Nettalk.  I plugs directly into my router, and has a phone jack that the console is plugged into.  It can dial out and I can dial it to it without problems.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 06:03:21 PM »

Some have added a DSL filter to theirs and sometimes it helps.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:12 AM »

The KR15A Big Red Panic Button Remote. Will register with the SC1200A and trigger a panic. If you hold the button long enough. As it has a few different things it does first.

RCaddict

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • My Hobby Site
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2011, 09:40:41 AM »

My old X10  security system works fine for 2 years now and I was waiting for this upgrade manly for one improvement. Separate entry keypad. That is the one everybody wanted all these years. Guess what! X10 proves the point again. They never listen to their customers! :(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:44:44 AM by RCaddict »

bigjohn9944

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »

The KR15A Big Red Panic Button Remote. Will register with the SC1200A and trigger a panic. If you hold the button long enough. As it has a few different things it does first.
Just to clarify, Brian, the KR15A WILL trigger a panic alarm if you hold it for the several second interval as with the old console?

I didn't test the KR15A for panic activation with the new console, just to see if the console would transceive the KR15A ON signal as the PS561 did, and that didn't work.

sanjay92

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2011, 01:12:40 AM »

Same here. Remote calling does not work as mentioned in Manual when you have answering Machine. I have Digital and tried various delay options in console but it does not work.

Is the answering machine new (digital) or a old model?
Does it have any answer options that you can change?

showtime

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »

Has anyone tried the new console with VOIP?
I have a customer (out of state Ebay sale) who can't get it to dial out and it doesn't answer when he tries to call in.
His VOIP comes into his home via fiber optic.
A regular phone plugged into the same jack as the console works fine for both  incoming and outgoing calls.
Although he has no problem faxing, that "rule" always was kind of "IFFY" on the DS7000. Some VOIPs didn't work with that to the extent I finally had to change my description to say "plugged into a regular telephone company jack"

My sc1200 works fine for dialing out over my voip. I am using an obi110 (search on Amazon) with Google voice.  I have not tried dialing into the panel, yet.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »

Hi guys say anyone know if the KR32A will work with the ds700 counsel, found them online for a decent price. Thanks!

Tom j.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2011, 05:32:19 PM »

Hi guys say anyone know if the KR32A will work with the ds700 counsel, found them online for a decent price. Thanks!

Tom j.
yes. But it will probably have crappy range just like on the SC1200.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/KR32A
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=23013.0
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.