Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System  (Read 81904 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Reviews For The New X10 SecuriLink Security System
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 06:35:24 AM »

I downloaded the SafeGuard users manual.

Looks similar. Has it has choices of language and uses the international 433.92 MHz RF signals. The SC1200 uses 310 MHz and has no language choices. The system has one nice accessory we don't have an equivalent to. A SD10/SD90 Smoke Detector. I believe it also can use a different phone message for different problems.

My tests with a Radio Shack 49-1000 {OEM by X10 for RS} find my older date code 2004, PH508 or SH10A Powerhorns, do not work. I have a new Powerhorn on order to verify it works, but others have said they do. So Powerhorn support may depend on what revision Powerhorn you have.

I also have a SC1200 on order to verify it is similar or the same as the RS 49-1000.
SmartPost says estimated delivery is 03/01/11. So maybe next week. I can test things.
Powerhorn should also be here by then. It was Priority Mail.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:04:26 AM by Brian H »

Waynemor

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »

The thing that I think is really great about the SC1200 is that it flashes a code when you do a remote set if everything is OK. My wife and I both like to do a remote set in the morning from our cars in the driveway.
There were many times with the 7000 where we came home to find that the alarm had not set for whatever reason and we had no idea that it had not. Only change that I would like is that one code be used for this info and the other only go off when there is an alarm. As it is now both codes do both (alarm and notification).
I have not yet had a chance to look into this but I am pretty sure that there will be a way to create a macro for Activehome Pro to turn on whatever lights you want during an alarm.

no57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 08:33:42 PM »

Is the SecuriLINK the same product as the SafeGuard http://www.marmitek.com/en/product/09604 from Marmitek?
That one is supporting the powerhorn.

I received my SC1200 last Thursday, and am running it alongside my PS561.
  I downloaded the Marmitek manual for comparison, it is the same unit adapted to the European market.
  I find the Marmitek manual more complete, the images are cleaner and more detailed. They explain the meaning of all the icons in the LCD, i.e. they show all 32 zones and explain the meaning of steady on, slow blinking, fast blinking. The Chime icon is also explained. Their motion sensor has a *slightly* different layout, and they show the position of their tamper switch, which made me check where that switch is located on our units.
  One idea I like: you can designate some sensors as emergency sensors,  for instance you can set the sensor for a door or window that should never open and the alarm will sound if it opens.
  It would be nice if we had an option to clear a specific remote instead of all remotes.
  In any case, I feel the SC1200 is a step up from the PS561, with still one glaring omission: no provision for a separate, remote keypad. That should not be too hard for X10 to do, I tested the remote security keypad feature of the Icon Remote and it works, so all is needed is for the engineers to make a dedicated one.

JC

bahamasboy

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 12:54:44 AM »

Hey all, hope this adds to the discussion.....
Set up my SC1200 tonight.  I've run into several places in my house that the door and window sensors (DS12A) are unreliable for triggering the chime and therefore alarm if set.  Does anyone know if a RF Repeater might help solve this issue? ...OR...if the signals picked up by the CM15A that show in AHP Activity Monitor, are supposed to be transmitted through the power lines back to the SC1200?  If not, that would be a helpful solution  since the SC1200 transmitts signals to modules already.   
Thanks in advance
Phil

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 01:08:49 AM »

Hey all, hope this adds to the discussion.....
Set up my SC1200 tonight.  I've run into several places in my house that the door and window sensors (DS12A) are unreliable for triggering the chime and therefore alarm if set.  Does anyone know if a RF Repeater might help solve this issue? ...OR...if the signals picked up by the CM15A that show in AHP Activity Monitor, are supposed to be transmitted through the power lines back to the SC1200?  If not, that would be a helpful solution  since the SC1200 transmitts signals to modules already.   
Thanks in advance
Phil

How many square feet is your house, thought someone reported that the reception on the SC1200 was actually better then with the DS7000.

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 07:01:11 AM »

The security sensors are RF to the SC1200 directly.
If you also have On Alert in AHP. The RF from the sensor also is used by it.

X10 discontinued their SR731; X10Pro PSX01 RF repeater a long time ago.

As far as I can determine. The SC1200 does not have any power line receiver in its X10 enables wall wart.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:57:17 PM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »

My SC1200 arrived today. Along with a brand new X10pro PSH01 Date Code 10F25 Large Powerhorn.
The PSH01 was flaky. With both my new SC1200 and my Radio Shack 49-1000 consoles. With a panic alarm.
With the SC1200:
Took seven seconds to trigger.
Four High Low Cycles.
Stopped for about six seconds.
Another four High Low Cycles.
Stopped again for six seconds.

With the 49-1000:
Took about ten seconds to trigger.
Seven High Low Cycles.
Stopped for about twenty seconds.
Seven High Low Cycles
Depending on when disarmed. Sometimes went off after disarming.

I will add more information on all my findings in additional post.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:33:10 PM by Brian H »

tom j

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »

My SC1200 arrived today. Along with a brand new X10pro PSH01 Date Code 10F25 Large Powerhorn.
The PSH01 was flaky. With both my new SC1200 and my Radio Shack 49-1000 consoles. With a panic alarm.
With the SC1200:
Took seven seconds to trigger.
Four High Low Cycles.
Stopped for about six seconds.
Another four High Low Cycles.
Stopped again for six seconds.

With the 49-1000:
Took about ten seconds to trigger.
Seven High Low Cycles.
Stopped for about twenty seconds.
Seven High Low Cycles
Depending on when disarmed. Sometimes went off after disarming.

I will add more information on all my findings in additional post.

SAY WHAT!  :(   :o   B:( I can't believe x10 would release this thing knowing it wasn't compatible with their own equipment. Well thanks Brian just don't think I'll be ordering one really surprised they got the DS7000 right I used to complain about it but it is compatible with all the equipment actually works pretty good, guess I'll just pick up a few extra window/door sensors while they are available. Brian think you're keep it or send it back.

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 06:00:20 AM »

I am not ruling out the new PSH01 Powerhorn being defective or poorly adjusted. If it has any adjustments in it.

I may try a few different Security Light Code addresses.

I also tried it with a XPPF filter so it and the console where isolated from the whole house. No difference.

I also had the internal siren disabled. Maybe I will see if internal siren makes a difference.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:44:41 AM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 07:45:42 AM »

Results from Powerhorn tests.

SC1200 Console Date Code 10L52
B1 and B2 Security Light Codes
Panic Alarm by KR32A Date Code 11A02

Model: Date Code:

PSH01  10F25  B1:  7 second trigger. 4 HL tones. Pause 6 seconds. 4 Hl Tones.
              B2:  7 second trigger. 4 HL tones. Pause 6 seconds. 4 HL Tones.

PH508  02H35  B1: 13 second trigger. Paused twice then continuous Hl Tones.
              B2   8 second trigger. Paused twice then continuous HL Tones. 

PH508  02H35  B1: 10 second trigger. Paused twice then continuous Hl Tones.
              B2  10 second trigger. Paused once then continuous HL Tones. 

PH508  05B09  B1: 10 second trigger. Paused twice then continuous HL Tones.
              B2:  8 second trigger. Paused twice then continuous HL Tones.

SH10A  07E20  B1:  6 second trigger. Continuous tones.
              B2:  5 second trigger. Continuous tones.

SH10A  07E20  B1:  7 second trigger. Continuous tones. No delay off.
              B2:  7 second trigger. Continuous tones. No delay off.

SH10A  04H33  B1: 11 second trigger. Continuous tones. No delay off.
              B2: 11 second trigger. Continuous tones. No delay off.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »

DS12A Door/Window Sensor.
Nice and compact. 1 1/2" Wide, 3 1/4" Tall and 3/4" Thick. Per the wiki.

Will be a hard time for me installing on my doors and windows.
Mine don't have flat frames and the rounded moulding will make it difficult. To catch both screw holes and get the magnet close enough to the sensor. Maybe a shim on the one side may help.
Also my rear door opens left to right. That means either I mount it upside down so the arrows match or maybe mount it on the top edge of the door frame.

In this case even thought the DS10A is larger. The switch is on a wire. So it can be mounted on the frame, magnet on the door and the DS10A on a flat wall.

If you use the optional external switch input. It counts as a separate zone from the magnetic one on the side. The magnetic side and the external each get registered separately. I tried it with just the external switch and it seemed to work OK if the side magnetic one was not registered.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:55:52 PM by Brian H »

grunge

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 08:34:59 PM »

The New X10 SecriLink SC1200 looks exactly like my Radio Shack Plug 'n Power 49-1000 console I bought back in 2005. The manual is almost word for word for the set up procedure. The New DS12A door and window sensors are also similar to the Radio Shack ones that came with the system (tamper proof). It still provides security to my home today and it works with all the current X10 components that I have purchased since 2005 (powerhorn, DS10A, KR10A, LM465, SH10A, etc. ). I'm glad X10 has picked up this model of security console,therefore, if my old one fails I can get a replacement. grunge

tom j

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »

So Brian whats you honest opinion on the compatibility issues with the large powerhorns?  and any idea what causes the pauses.  ???

Tom j.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 06:14:24 AM »

grunge, Since the 49-1000 was made by X10 for Radio Shack. I am not surprised they are very similar.
The DS12A is slightly different than the RS ones. Slightly smaller and no screw holding the cover on. Now a snap fit.
No nice rubber plugs. To insert into the wall mounting slots of the console like the RS ones. For tilting the colsole if used on a table or shelf.

Both X10 and RS say Powerhorns work with them. If set to one of the two security light codes. All of mine are flaky.
Including a brand new Date Code 10F25, PSH01 X10Pro Large Powerhorn.
I don't feel X10 has totally fixed the Powerhorn problems.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:10:32 AM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 08:02:10 AM »

tom j; I don't think the Powerhorns are 100% compatible with the SC1200 or the RS 49-1000 consoles. Hardware version may make a difference on how they act.

My new PSH01 responds differently to manually sent cycles of All Units On ,All Lights Off or On and Off to the exact address. Than my older ones.

Peek inside shows a 100% different PC Board and components. Like surface mounted parts, not like the through hole parts in the older versions.

I think the problem is still the fact that two security addresses. Then an On or Off is sent. The timing circuits don't respond to them as expected. Manually sending the single address On-Off cycle or the All Lights On-All Units Off. Triggers all of them with no hitches.

My 1132CU controller with Smarthome Essentials Software. Has a signal test tool. I can send a cycle of on off commands, at varied times.
My new one at three second cycle. Start, pause, then start again.  Two second cycles are better and one second is 100%.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:18:41 AM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.