Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [New AHP Addon] Just released - MyServant!  (Read 26754 times)

vincentb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
[New AHP Addon] Just released - MyServant!
« on: February 19, 2011, 04:12:06 AM »

Introducing MyServant - the ultimate 3rd party addon for AHP.  And to celebrate the launch, I'm offering 50% off for a limited time...

Q: What is MyServant?
MyServant is a suite of software apps that transforms your house into a virtual servant.  MyServant integrates with AHP, and allows you to control your home from a visual floorplan, as well as adding a wide range of intelligence to your lights simply by ticking checkboxes.  This combined with a plethora of features (as listed below) will enhance your home automation to a whole new level.  Check out the following features...

Q: What comes with MyServant?
MyServant comes with the following software components:

- Server app: this imports your AHP devices & sensors, and processes all requests from interfaces apps over your network.  The server app also performs all of the logic (eg: lighting intelligence).

- Interface app: runs on the same PC / networked PCs, providing the visual interface for your home.  The interface includes features such as:
* touch screen support
* control your home from a visual floorplan
* view power usage graphs
* select servant characters (with Viseme voice animation)
* set alarm clocks per occupant (which announces the time, weather info, upcoming appointments & more)
* access your calendar
* access your contacts list
* view weather forecasts and stats
* target music to a specific speaker
* set timers for anything from leaving the house on time to cooking the roast
* set reminders (eg: take the bin out on Fridays)
* view surveillance images
* leave notes for other occupants
* enter shopping list entries
* track outstanding chores
* browse the web
* display a slideshow during no activity
* ability to change visual themes
* and sooooo much more!

- Exporter app: easily export the necessary files for the interface to run on another PC.  Even export to a USB key and run it from work over the web!

- Outlook Integrator: run this app on a PC with Outlook and it will send all contacts and appointments over the network to the server

- Configuration Apps: to configure all the settings on the server and each Interface.

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Download a free 45 day trial with the link below.  Make sure you already have ActiveHomePro installed.  MyServant is currently 50% off for a limited time.
www.futuretouch.com.au/MyServant.asp

Need Support?
For common questions check out the FAQs at www.futuretouch.com.au/MSSupport.asp
If you have configuration questions or encounter any issues, please email support@futuretouch.com.au for quick personalised assistance.

I receive many emails from customers who already use MyServant as an addon for other X10-interface apps, where they share with me how much they absolutely love the app - and some tell me they rely on it so much that they can't imagine their home without it.  I hope you get the same enjoyment :-)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:07:08 PM by vincentb »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: [New AHP Addon] Just released - MyServant!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »

One other cool feature with this app I've discovered while beta testing this.
If you run it on Windows 7 it works well with the built in windows Voice Recognition.
 ;)
You can make any Face set, others or I've created work with this program as well!
If you simply have a face pic that you wish to use. My Servant will add lip sync capability to animate the single picture! :)%
 >!

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

vincentb

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 06:24:27 PM »

Also, just to elaborate on what I mean when i say that MyServant offers a wide range of intelligence for your lights simply by ticking checkboxes ...

The Lighting Logic page makes it very easy to assign 1 or more sensors to a light (as motion triggers), and 1 or more lights to a 'logic' (whereby inteeligence settings can be configured).  Here are some of the lighting intelligence available.. check them all out!

- Treat a sensor as a Motion Sensor
  This causes the software to fake an OFF signal a few seconds after a sensor triggers on (ie: saving you having to physically program an MS13 to give an off signal at a desired interval).  The sensor will also show a motion 'bleep' animation on the floorplan

- Auto Off Timer
  configure how long a light stays on for when triggered by a sensor, before it auto turns off

- Restrict Trigger Times
  configure what time of the day the sensor(s) will be active to trigger on the light

- Restrict Brightness Times
  configure how bright the light should come on at certain times of the day.  (Eg: don’t hurt my eyes in the middle of the night)

- Avoid False Triggers
  configure a special timer that turns the light back off if it doesn't receive a 2nd motion within x seconds (eg: you just walked past the room and didn’t want the light to come on)

- Pre-Off Warning Dim
  configure a warning, so that the light dims to y%, x seconds before it turns off, so you know to wave you hand and trigger it back on again (eg: you’re cooking in the kitchen and haven’t moved for a while to trigger a motion sensor, and don’t want to suddenly be in the dark)

- Overriding 'Trigger Disabler' Sensor
  assign a 'disabling' sensor, which when its ON, it will disable all assigned sensors to a light (Eg: use a wireless wall switch button to turn off all motion sensors.  Maybe the wife wants to take a relaxed bath without the bathroom lights constantly triggering on from motion)

- Auto Off Timer when manually Turned On
  the ability to have lights auto turn off even when manually turned on (eg: you manually turned on the light in the bedroom, but then rushed out and forgot to turn it off)

- Motion detection on when manually Turned On
  the ability to either ignore or accept sensors when a light is manually turned on  (eg: maybe you don’t want a motion sensor to auto turn on the bedroom light, but once you manually turn it on, you want the motion sensor keep it on whilst you move around and turns it off when you leave.  But people walking in/out of the room without manually turning on the light won’t have any affect on the motion sensor)

- Ignore Excessive Triggers
  the ability to ignore a light’s sensors for x seconds each time a trigger-on occurs (eg: you’ve installed multiple MS13s in a room to detect entrance from any door, but you still want the ‘accidental-extinguish-timer’ feature to work.. so if you walked past the room and 2 motion sensors triggered MyServant shouldn’t think it was 2 triggers as if you’re walking around in the room)

- Allow Time to Get out of the Room
  the ability to ignore a light’s sensors for x seconds after a light is manually turned off (so you've got time to get out of the room without accidentally triggering it back on)

Not only can logics be created and managed in the ServerManager app, but the logics can be modified 'on the fly' from within an Interface.  Just click on a room, select the device, press the ‘More’ button, select the Logic Settings entry, and all of the logic is listed, with the ability to edit any settings.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:27:01 PM by vincentb »

aussie mate

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 01:25:33 AM »

I have been trying out Myservant and like many other HA software - it's a good add on that improves on the areas of AHP where AHP falls down.

The features which I think add real value here are:
The ability to use a touch screen to control AHP and features such as Occupancy, leaving notes for other household members, shopping lists, intergrated music play list with touch control.
Of course there are many more features I have yet to use.

I especially like the star trek interface touch control.
I have just ordered a touchscreen to install so I can use it...

Add this to BVC, AHP and Bluewatch - and I think you would have the perfect HA software suite....

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 08:41:18 AM »

Right on Aussie, now if you could only buy 1 software package that does it all, installs easily and is bug free..... wake me up I think I was dreaming... -:)

DeeJayT

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »

ActiveHomePro already works with a touchscreen, I have an Elo touchscreen mounted in my kitchen wall and all I do is touch the switch in AHP and it toggles on or off!

aussie mate

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »

Yes DeejayT - AHP can work with a touch screen (and there are a number of x10 ones) - but just compare it to what Myservant can do..

Also look at the cost - you can get an "all in one" touch screen PC for less than $700 which is a lot cheaper than the Elo touchscreen. plus it does more...

DeeJayT

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 06:46:10 PM »

I looked at the touch PC's but I needed the size of a desktop PC to accept an 8 port video capture card for my cameras. I just downloaded the My Servant software and will try it out.

aussie mate

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »

DeejayT - I like the look of your setup and the way you have mounted the screen.

The touch screen I have ordered has a 16" screen.
There are many that have 21" or 22" screens.

We all have customised setups and its good to share ideas around.

vincentb

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »

Hi guys,

I've been getting some great feedback in personal emails from this forum.  And if you have any problems, just email me privately.
Just to point out - you can run the MyServant Interface component on up to 4 PCs simulataneously and they'll all connect back to the server component over your network.  For those that want more than 4 interfaces, email me and you can purchase a special upgrade that allows the server to support up to 10 interfaces simultaneously (thats the only "feature" upgrade available.  The price of MyServant includes all features as standard).

There's lots of features that people miss (unless you read the documentation thoroughly), so if i see common questions arising, I'll post some tips now & then.  For example, MyServant can be set to give you various types of announcements:

- HOURLY TIME Announcement
  an hourly announcement of the time (auto conforming to the silent-at-night-time-interval settings)

- TIME INTERVAL Announcement
  the ability to have the time announced periodically between 2 times.  Eg: If you usually leave for work at 7am, then set the periodic announcement to 6:30am - 7:05am, with 5 min intervals

- DAILY INFO Announcement
  You can trigger the daily announcement manually (on the interface), via a sensor (eg: 1st time you walk into the bathroom for the day), or as part of an occupant's alarm clock.  The daily announcement offers options of what to say, including:  a greeting (based on the time of day), time, date, weather forecast, appointments today (or appointments whose pre-alert falls on today), anniversaires (eg: birthdays) this week, and outstanding tasks to be done (eg: clean the fish tank).

- TIMER Announcements
   Trigger audible timers - whether manually on the interface or via a sensor.  A timer - such as 'cooking the roast' or 'leave for work' will provide periodic notifications of how many minutes are left until the deadline is reached.  The deadline can either be a specific time, or a number of minutes from now.  An example is to set a sensor as a trigger-button in your bathroom that gives you 15 minutes to get ready to leave.  Create a timer called "get ready to leave", assign the sensor and you're done.  You can even configure it so that a successive press either stops the timer or adds another x minutes.

- REMINDER Announcements
  Trigger audible reminders - such as take the bin out to the street on fridays.  Unlike the timer announcement that tells you how many minutes are left, this one just keeps reminding you - until the 'completion' sensor is triggered (eg: an MS13 motion sensor with a tilt-switch wired to its light-detection sensor, to detect when the bin is tilted and taken to the street).  With both timers and reminders you can target them to a specific speaker in the house, if desired.

- PERSONALITY Announcements
  MyServant offers the ability for you to create your own personality for the servant.  In ServerManager, the 'Personality' icon allows you to configure a 'Category' (eg: "greetings"), assign 'tolerances' to that category, and then random phrases to the tolerance.  When the category is triggered (eg: via a sensor), MyServant will start with the 1st tolerance and pick a random phrase to say.  It then starts an internal timer for that tolerance.  If you re-trigger the assigned sensor before that timer expires, MyServant auto escalates the category to the next tolerance and selects from the different set of random phrases.  Imagine tolerances as MyServant getting more and more annoyed at you triggering the same sensor.  Once a tolerance's timer expires though, it will lower itself to the previous tolerance and start that timer.. until eventually the 1st tolerance is reached again.  This can be AWESOME FUN when demoing it to friends, whereby MyServant appears to select an announcement that suits the current situation, with a suitable tolerance.  You can also set random phrases to react to conditional moods (eg: early in the morning, close to Christmas, day of the week, etc). 

So various audible announcements is just one of the many features in MyServant that people easily overlook when they're testing it out.  I hope that gives you a little more insight into just how effective you can transform your AHP pc.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:34:11 PM by vincentb »

aussie mate

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »

I have installed a touch screen in my kitchen which is running the Myservant interface via a wireless network back to the PC that is running AHP.
I must say that this software is really good, the features it has really enhances and makes AHP much more reliable.

There are a few features that make it stand out from other software :
Firstly – The ability to use the personality feature as a part of the occupancy monitoring is something I have not seen before – it not just random replies – but replied based on other conditions – ie the weather or the time of day/night or year.

Then there is the feature of power tracking and reporting – it will track how long lights and other modules are on for and can tell you which lights are left on and how much they are costing you.
It also allows you to direct the playing of music or announcements to any PC on your home network. I don't know how it's done – but it means that you no longer need multi- zone amplifiers with complicated switching to turn speaker on and off.
The software does it all for you.

And the added bonus is as the touch screen interface is so simple and functional  – the lady of the house actually likes it. (she keeps using the Myservant automated shopping list that sends my phone a txt message from the touchscreen).
Well done Myservant

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »

I looked at the touch PC's but I needed the size of a desktop PC to accept an 8 port video capture card for my cameras. I just downloaded the My Servant software and will try it out.
Hello DeeJayT;
  I noticed in the first picture, it looks like you have a "main menu" setup.
How did you generate it?
The second screen looks like AHP is running with modules displayed for direct control?
Is this called from one of the "buttons" on the main menu?
I have a Planar PT150 touchscreen computer monitor that I got from a thrift store.  It has the standard 15 pin video input and a serial port output for the touch screen interface.  Is this the type of touchscreen that you are referring to and use?  Yours though probably has USB for the touchscreen as mine is rather old.
Thanks.... Bill M

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 12:17:34 PM »

I have downloaded and installed the MyServant software as an add-on to AHP.  I am a little confused though on the Climate Control feature.  Is this not available because of the lack of support from AHP?  Is there any way I can implement/activate this feature, possibly running it as a standalone application as opposed to an add-on to AHP?
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 08:05:21 AM »

Since this uses the SDK AHP it doesn't need AHP to work.
However it is called a addon as it adds function AHP doesn't have.
It wasn't designed to replace AHP, merly enhance it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 06:13:03 PM »

Since this uses the SDK AHP it doesn't need AHP to work.
However it is called a addon as it adds function AHP doesn't have.
It wasn't designed to replace AHP, merly enhance it.
Tuice, the feature I was questioning was climate control.  The software lists that it can control a thermostat, but it says that the HW-Provider must support it.  My question was if it could control a thermostat when run as a standalone application and NOT as an add-on to either AHP or HAL2000.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.