Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dim not working since install of new AHP software  (Read 18107 times)

Rambeaudoin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Dim not working since install of new AHP software
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »

Like I said, nobody HERE should take my comments PERSONNALY, I'm just frustrated that people at X10 could care less about there crappy software.

People here are doing there best to help others and that is very nice.

Anyway, to answer at least one of your question NOAM, the macro does turn on each module at the right time, I rewrote the macro to eliminate the "brighten to 100%, delay, dim to 80%" to only brighten to 80% absolute.  That did'nt help at all.

I also noticed that individual timers did'nt dim lights either.  Thay also used to work pretty good.  My house is mainly composed of older modules, and from what I can see now, only one module still dims out of 15... I have no clue why though.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »

Well, is expensive, but the five software developers are the same ones that wrote the original program a decade ago. Which is how they can upgrade the program without causing a dozen other problems.
http://homeseer.com/index.html
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »

Like I said, nobody HERE should take my comments PERSONNALY, I'm just frustrated that people at X10 could care less about there crappy software.
Actually, X10 brought in a new development team about a year ago, and they have done a lot to fix issues, and make the software better for everyone.
People here are doing there best to help others and that is very nice.
We try to, at least.
Anyway, to answer at least one of your question NOAM, the macro does turn on each module at the right time, I rewrote the macro to eliminate the "brighten to 100%, delay, dim to 80%" to only brighten to 80% absolute.  That did'nt help at all.
What did the Activity Monitor show? For older modules, it should be showing a "standard" dim command, as opposed to an "Extended" dim command. The older modules won't respond to an "Extended" dim command.
I also noticed that individual timers did'nt dim lights either.  Thay also used to work pretty good.  My house is mainly composed of older modules, and from what I can see now, only one module still dims out of 15... I have no clue why though.
Again, check what the Activity Monitor shows. That would be your biggest clue as to what might be happening.

Rambeaudoin

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:25 PM »

Noam, as for what activity monitor shows, the old modules show normal dim commands, and the soft start ones do shot w extended commands.

At this point, I'm suspecting a corrupt X10 installation or a contaminated CM15A.  If Dan, as he really seems to master the "remove, delete, flush and RE-INSTALL" procedure would help me, I'm there.

What's the exact procedure to a full HARDWARE (CM15A) and SOFTWARE and what files should I back-up to get a full re-install and keep my files and macros ?  Is there also any driver(s) (win 7 ultimate 32 bit) I should be using?

TIA

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 10:41:31 PM »

ActiveHome Pro keeps its .ahx files in the C:/Program Files/ActiveHomePro folder. Copy any .ahx files you have created to another hard drive or removable media, then uninstall AHP from the Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.  Uninstall AHP and all folders it created.

When everything is removed (use Windows Explorer to make sure all folders are gone, if any remain manually remove them.  Then re-install AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 06:28:57 AM »

ActiveHome Pro keeps its .ahx files in the C:/Program Files/ActiveHomePro folder. Copy any .ahx files you have created to another hard drive or removable media, then uninstall AHP from the Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.  Uninstall AHP and all folders it created.

When everything is removed (use Windows Explorer to make sure all folders are gone, if any remain manually remove them.  Then re-install AHP.

If you have Windows 7 or Vista 64-bit, the files are stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveHome Pro" by default, although you can tell the software to put them wherever you want.

To reset the CM15A, unplug it, remove the batteries for a few minutes, then plug it back in, wipe it, and re-download everything.

Rambeaudoin

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »

As a final attempt of getting what used to work going again, I deleted everything, unpluged the CM15A, took out the batteries for an hour, purged the CM15A, installed the new version (3.311), uploaded my "saved macro", and FINALLY, it seems to be doing fine for the last few days.

Was the culprit the "confused CM15A", or was it the latest sw version, it's anybody's guess...

Thanks to all that helped.

Rambeaudoin

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2011, 06:46:46 PM »

Latest UPDATE

The CM15A started acting on me again.  I don't know why or what's going on, but after a few days, it seems the latest .AHX file uploaded gets corrupted.

If I send a command from a remote or via the computer, I get a message stating that a error occured, and the file has to be uploaded again...Then everything seems to work fine for a day or two, then I must reupload again.

I checked the batteries in the CM15A, the're good.

What I did as a test is to unplug the CM15A from the USB port today, so I'll let you know, but if anybody has an idea or a solution, I'm listening.

TIA

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »

Latest UPDATE

The CM15A started acting on me again.  I don't know why or what's going on, but after a few days, it seems the latest .AHX file uploaded gets corrupted.

If I send a command from a remote or via the computer, I get a message stating that a error occured, and the file has to be uploaded again...Then everything seems to work fine for a day or two, then I must reupload again.

I checked the batteries in the CM15A, the're good.

What I did as a test is to unplug the CM15A from the USB port today, so I'll let you know, but if anybody has an idea or a solution, I'm listening.

TIA

That constant "file has to be uploaded" is a bug in 3.311.  Try dropping back to 3.310 to eliminate it. I reported the bug last week.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Rambeaudoin

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »

My macros seem to be working great since I unpluged the CM15A.   I guess I'll be waiting for a new update instead of going back to 3.310, but thanks for the info.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.