Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: smart macro - motion sensor (e-mail) at certain times/days  (Read 33964 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: smart macro - motion sensor (e-mail) at certain times/days
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »

If the version of SmartMacros that you re-installed was earlier than the version of AHP that you already had, then I think it (at least partially) downgrades AHP.

Since the AHP installer will update the plugins to the latest version, it is important to make sure you are installing the correct version of each.

freeballer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 11:32:09 AM »

I downloaded a fresh copy of ahp and the plugins after I uninstalled everything. I would assume at the time of the last release
the smart macro version on the site would be "compatible" with the lastest ahp

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:05:52 AM »

I downloaded a fresh copy of ahp and the plugins after I uninstalled everything. I would assume at the time of the last release
the smart macro version on the site would be "compatible" with the lastest ahp
Yes, downloading both at the same time would get you the same version.
I was unclear with one of your earlier posts.
Did you create a brand-new AHX file after you did the reinstall?
Your old file might have some corruption in it.

freeballer

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 11:21:20 PM »

yes, I did recreate the settings folder when the old file didn't work

freeballer

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »

Anybody?
this issue is still happening and I've seen no updates to the software or replies to the topic

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »

AHP is up to 3.318. What version are you running?
The Autoupdate feature is still not working.
Can be found here.
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »

Anybody?
this issue is still happening and I've seen no updates to the software or replies to the topic

my time and day conditions hadn't worked for like 8 years;  I knew their software was NFG on it.  I resoted to making my own day/nite with a fake switch with timer on it and two macros that set flag 1 on for day off for nite and used that all this time.  Whenever I would hear the next fw update fixed it I would change my macros back to using thei conditions, just to get 20 emails a day again. 

That said, fw 3.318 FIXED it,  and I am using the conditions once again, after like 8 years, and I no longer get 20 emails a day telling me a door opened during the day thinking it is nite.  So my vote goes to 3.318 fixed this over the last 3.316 or so.  So are you SURE you are using 3.318?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 04:20:06 PM »

There was a bug with time-based conditions not working (the logic was actually REVERSED) for macros that were set to run from the PC.
Macros stored in the interface worked fine.
However, that bug was fixed in version 3.315, which was released on 6/9/2011.

freeballer

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 07:46:57 PM »

I'm running v3.318, and they've never worked for me. And I'm absolutely positive...
I used the update utility to upgrade it. Then later wiped out all references to x10, activehome and reinstalled it
using fresh downloads...

Unfortunately the macros I'm trying to use require the pc as they are emailing me when the door is triggered.
I tried a similar timer/macro but that didn't work for me at all. Maybe user error, dunno... But I tried it twice
using the info provided on the forum.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 01:50:27 PM »

I'm running v3.318, and they've never worked for me. And I'm absolutely positive...
I used the update utility to upgrade it. Then later wiped out all references to x10, activehome and reinstalled it
using fresh downloads...

Unfortunately the macros I'm trying to use require the pc as they are emailing me when the door is triggered.
I tried a similar timer/macro but that didn't work for me at all. Maybe user error, dunno... But I tried it twice
using the info provided on the forum.

Have you tried creating a brand-new AHX file, clearing the CM15A's memory, and re-downloading?
When you say they don't work, does the trigger fail (and nothing happens), or the condition is ignored, and the macro ALWAYS runs (even when it shouldn't)?

When you click on a macro in AHP, it ignores the conditions, and runs the commands regardless (which is good to test that the actions do what they should). You need to trigger it with a remote or some other device that can send PLC (perhaps the SDK - I haven't tested that) in order to have it evaluate the conditions.

Are there any other actions in the macro (besides sending the e-mail)?
Are you still using the 5pm-2am condition, or did you split it up into two macros (one for AFTER 5 PM, the other for BEFORE 2 AM)?
Have you tried putting a 0-second delay (or a longer one, if you wish) as the FIRST command in the macro?

freeballer

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 12:47:43 AM »

yes. I've done all that. Started from square on, deleted all folders/files with x10, activehome, etc.. Clearing the unit, updating the system time/zone
the trigger on its own, without time/day references, works fine.. And I can trigger them by issuing
a command on a remote. There aren't any other commands on the macro and I've tried different times of day
because of my previous posts about the 12/midnight "cut off". Despite all this it still fails to turn on the devices.

I tried it earlier with a 5 second delay but that was before clearing the folders/config/files.. I can try again if you feel it could help?

Also, I don't know if its related, but when I receive an email from the x10 in its current configuration (no date/time settings, only email trigger)
the date/time says 12:23:11 on january 1, 1969. (Time is correct though). When I try to trigger the chime unit on trigger it crashed the entire
program. I have tried the motion sensors and the door units; both crash it.

So its far from isolated. I don't know if the hardware itself is the cause of the timestamp issue but there are some bugs in the program.
I hope a developer might msg me in an attempt to test it out. Its a cool geek toy, but its been fustrating for me.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 09:04:04 AM »

yes. I've done all that. Started from square on, deleted all folders/files with x10, activehome, etc.. Clearing the unit, updating the system time/zone
the trigger on its own, without time/day references, works fine.. And I can trigger them by issuing
a command on a remote. There aren't any other commands on the macro and I've tried different times of day
because of my previous posts about the 12/midnight "cut off". Despite all this it still fails to turn on the devices.
Does the Activity Monitor show anything when it fails to trigger?

I tried it earlier with a 5 second delay but that was before clearing the folders/config/files.. I can try again if you feel it could help?
it certainly can't make it worse, right?

Also, I don't know if its related, but when I receive an email from the x10 in its current configuration (no date/time settings, only email trigger)
the date/time says 12:23:11 on january 1, 1969. (Time is correct though).
I'm not sure what that's about. I don't use the e-mail function in any of my macros.

When I try to trigger the chime unit on trigger it crashed the entire
program. I have tried the motion sensors and the door units; both crash it.
If you are using the SC546A chime unit (defined in the "Other" module section, that's a bug. (There is a link to the "bug list" in my signature). Try defining it as a "Pro Remote Chime PHH02," from the "Pro Modules" section. The functions should be identical, but the PHH02 doesn't seem to crash AHP for some people.

So its far from isolated. I don't know if the hardware itself is the cause of the timestamp issue but there are some bugs in the program.
There are *plenty* of bugs in the program. Check out the "Bug List" link in my signature.

I hope a developer might msg me in an attempt to test it out. Its a cool geek toy, but its been frustrating for me.
Not likely, but you can always hope. I've been working with one of the developers for nearly two years now, and I've also been trying to act as a "liaison," to try and get some additional assistance when those of us volunteers haven't been able to figure something out. I'm happy to ask the developer to look at this, but I don't know how quickly he might have some time.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »

I sent an e-mail off to the developer, asking him if he can take a look at this thread, and possibly shed some light on it.
Also, I know you've checked, and re-checked, but please confirm (one more time), that you are using AHP 3.318.
Just to be sure, you can try re-downloading the updater from this link:
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/activehomepro/setup_ahp_update.EXE

Save it somewhere on your computer, and then run it. It *should* make sure that everything you have is the latest version (it doesn't hurt to make a backup copy of your AHX file first, of course).

Try doing a full reset on your CM15A. Unplug it from the wall and the USB, and remove the batteries.
Wait a few minutes.
Put the batteries back in (if they are at all weak, put in fresh ones), and then plug it back in to the wall and the USB.
Re-open AHP, and double-check that your location is still correct in AHP. Re-download your programming to the CM15A, and try again.

freeballer

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 12:55:23 AM »

post 1/2

sorry if this is a double post but its 2am and I'm very tired.
yes, I am using the last version. I tried the update program just before posting.

Yes, the log shows a trigger and if you are looking at the program the macro shows triggered on screen.
Another thing, I think I mentioned it in prior posts, while I program it in condition wizard with time of day, week
it does not show in the summary window below the editor window.

I've also programed the chime from the pro section but haven't tried a macro yet.
Trying it last before doing the reset/battery pull, or the delay because I'm planning on doing file->new for a new .ahx
I will post those results tomorrow and thank you for emailing the dev and keeping up to date on my post

Geo

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.