Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Probem with Mygarage  (Read 3321 times)

jayman13

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Probem with Mygarage
« on: June 19, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »

So I have successfully installed the Universal Module, Onalert plugin, a Tm751 and my CM19a.  This is in addition to a cm15a that I already have running.  I installed the cm19a because my DS10a didn't work until the cm19a was installed.  Using x10 commander I can open and close the garage at will.  Using the mygarage app on my phone it doesn't work at all.  The ds10a is working accurately but the button on the mygarage app doesn't work.  It's weird because when I hit the open/close button on the mygarage app I hear a click on the universal module but the garage doesn't open.  I have the universal module set to momentary.  Any ideas?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Probem with Mygarage
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 01:31:55 PM »

Does the garage door open if you use the Test Button on the UM506 Universal Module?
If you can't open it with the test button. You have a wiring issue between it and the openers controls.

jayman13

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »

Figured it out, stupid on my part.  If you keep the button pressed for a few seconds on mygarage it works everytime.  Now only to fix the ds10a range issue.   Seen a number of posts on this issue.  May try to put an antenna upstairs...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 04:52:48 PM »

....... Now only to fix the ds10a range issue.   

You can add [solder] additional light wire to the DS10A's. Extending the wires length to the magnetic reed switch. I've extended a couple DS10As over 30 feet from the magnetic switch.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

jayman13

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »

....... Now only to fix the ds10a range issue.   

You can add [solder] additional light wire to the DS10A's. Extending the wires length to the magnetic reed switch. I've extended a couple DS10As over 30 feet from the magnetic switch.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I connect the wire and what type of wire do I use, bell wire?  Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »

...... how do I connect the wire and what type of wire do I use, bell wire? 

Sure. Bell wire would work fine. I used CAT5 (which really isn't all that different). I soldered mine together... but you could also use wire nuts (available at your local or big box building supply store).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »

If you want to see if it will respond faster, try removing your TM751.  The TM751 and the CM15A might be fighting each other which might be why you have to hold the button for a few seconds before it responds.  It is well documented in the forums that the TM751s when used in conjunction with a CM15A can cause problems.  You may not see many problems now, but as you add things to your X10 setup you will probably start to see weird anomalies. 
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.