Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Would you buy an AirPad to beta test it?

Yes even for the same price.
Yes but only at a discounted price
No!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Would you have bought this if you knew?  (Read 11621 times)

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Would you have bought this if you knew?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »

I just got a mail from X10 offering me an Airpad from the latest shipment.  This is after being lied to about shipdates, refund dates, waiting hours on the phone with customer service and so on.  I cancelled my order on the 13th of September.  Still haven't had the money refunded to my credit card.  I have filed a complaint with the credit card company and they put a credit on my account, so I'm not hurting.

So, after a bait and switch to get me to order and failing to return my money, they want me to believe them and order one?

I don't think that's a good idea.  I'll bet my new Kindle Fire arrives before they finally refund my money.

I received the same email, mistakenly, I'm sure, seeing as I removed myself from their newsletter emails MONTHS ago.
It's also reassuring to see X10 has more or less vanished from the forums and not providing any updated information on the AP nor the AHP mobile apps they had said would be updated to work properly with the AP.
Sadly, I'm once again getting (slightly) frustrated with the "runaround" from x10...  >*<

Chowder

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 03:00:49 PM »

Again guys,

The ONLY way I got X10 attention was to file a complaint with the BBB.   X10 is a seriously messed up business, that is geared to sell , sell, sell products without customer service, followups and more.  We have all experienced this.

BBB was my final straw with them.  I will not be purchasing anymore X10 products period.   Also to let you all know, there is an office of X10 located in Washington state.  Burien is the city I believe.  Anyone living here, may want to stop by or call, or whatever to see if they can get some service locally.

Good luck.

LMA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »

I wouldn't have purchased the Airpad 7 Had I known:

The two applications I need to have at my disposal, Docs To Go and my calendar do not work.  There is no 'sync accounts' in the settings and both applications ask for an 'exchange email'.  You cannot just configure it in the application, and you can not sync your google account to it.

FaceBook interactive games do not work with this Flash.  I asked (and have the email from CS) before I made my purchase whether or not this unit would load and play interactive FB games and I was told "yes, that's what it's made for".  Yep - that's what they said - NOPE - no way it does!

It did not have Android Market - since when I was contemplating the purchase, this is the way it was advertised.  Shortly afterwards, this was changed...and frankly, Amazon Apps do not provide the apps I've learned to lull my extra time away with like "youtube"..."facebook'...oh yea, you can go into the browser and retrieve these...but Amazon  only has 'takeoff' apps for these, the apps that we've come to dearly love and respect.

I'm not expecting a whole lot from this unit, but I would like for it to do the basic - like the few apps it came with should work.

If any of you know how to sync your google account with the Airpad 7p, PLEASE let me know - this is frustrating.  I've went through it with a fine tooth comb and I'll be darned if I can figure it out. I've even tried back dooring it and going in on the web into my accounts in hopes that somehow the device would be recognized...no enchilada.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »

LMA
There is a way to get market place posted on my forum (link in my tagline) which I'm told works on the Airpad P
This may in turn give you the things your looking for. ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.