Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: referb 7  (Read 13427 times)

idbl_fanatic

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
referb 7
« on: July 10, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »

Well................I can say that I am more than dissatisfied with this product, I have had it for less than 4 hrs, first off, I was under the impression that I was getting a 7P, not the 7, so that I would have full access to the market, and ICS. I didn't even know that there was a lower model. second, the darn screen has started acting up, it will go 1/2 white, and then the whole thing will go white, I have to push the power button off and on, then it will come back on.

idbl_fanatic

Re: referb 7
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »

Oh, and the USB connection does not work.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »

Since they must be gone now.
I could not look at the sales page to see what it said.

I believe the original 7" was called a plain Airpad.
Here is a wiki entry of the models.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Tablets
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:27:05 PM by Brian H »

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »

Since they must be gone now.
I could not look at the sales page to see what it said.

I believe the original 7" was called a plain Airpad.
Here is a wiki entry of the models.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Tablets

Thanks, but that doesn't really help me

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 05:56:39 PM »

True it will not help. Would just verify my thoughts that it said 7P.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:08:57 PM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »

None of the Airpads with the x10 rom have google play installed.
You either have to install a different Rom or follow instructions posted on my site to get google play/market.
since you have the original airpad you could install rom 002 which had market and is rooted or 001 which is not.
Instructions for this are also on my site.
You may wish to install one of those old roms to see if it fixes your display issues. You can always revert back to 004 rom if that doesn't work.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »

None of the Airpads with the x10 rom have google play installed.
You either have to install a different Rom or follow instructions posted on my site to get google play/market.
since you have the original airpad you could install rom 002 which had market and is rooted or 001 which is not.
Instructions for this are also on my site.
You may wish to install one of those old roms to see if it fixes your display issues. You can always revert back to 004 rom if that doesn't work.
 >!

Cool, I will give that a try, but I can't find the links on your site

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 11:05:05 AM »

Sorry to hear about your problems.  I dug up the old link to sales page: http://www.x10.com/promotions/airpad_7_inch_android_tablet_79.html?SN  to the $79 tablet which does not include shipping.   When I first saw promotion weeks ago I noticed it had the RockChip 2918, I figured most people looking at the surface would not realize that this was the original Airpad.  Looks like these tablets with RockChip 2918 chipset will have limited future ever since the AllWinner A10/A13 is came to scene last fall.  The AllWinner A10/A13 (is superior and significantly cheaper than the RockChip 2918), which means the low end manufacturers would rather develop tablets using this chipset and thus are focusing their R and D efforts behind.  This may change when the dual core chipsets hit the market.

I would try to RMA it and see if they will pay for return shipping.

Well................I can say that I am more than dissatisfied with this product, I have had it for less than 4 hrs, first off, I was under the impression that I was getting a 7P, not the 7, so that I would have full access to the market, and ICS. I didn't even know that there was a lower model. second, the darn screen has started acting up, it will go 1/2 white, and then the whole thing will go white, I have to push the power button off and on, then it will come back on.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 11:45:51 AM »

Sorry to hear about your problems.  I dug up the old link to sales page: http://www.x10.com/promotions/airpad_7_inch_android_tablet_79.html?SN  to the $79 tablet which does not include shipping.   When I first saw promotion weeks ago I noticed it had the RockChip 2918, I figured most people looking at the surface would not realize that this was the original Airpad.  Looks like these tablets with RockChip 2918 chipset will have limited future ever since the AllWinner A10/A13 is came to scene last fall.  The AllWinner A10/A13 (is superior and significantly cheaper than the RockChip 2918), which means the low end manufacturers would rather develop tablets using this chipset and thus are focusing their R and D efforts behind.  This may change when the dual core chipsets hit the market.

I would try to RMA it and see if they will pay for return shipping.

Yes, I just emailed them about a return, still waiting.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:00:52 AM »

Well APPARENTLY all sales are final, I think that this is BS

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 11:49:11 AM »

If you told Customer Service you want to return because you have a 7 but you thought you would get a 7P, yeah, that sale is probably final because the fault is at your end.

But if you told CS the screen goes white and the USB connector does not work, then the fault is at the X10 end because the unit is not "refurbished" per the ad description "And don't worry, our refurbished tablets are good as new. All tablets are tested, certified and come with a 30-Day Exchange Policy that guarantees everything is in perfect working condition."

Call and speak to technical support about the screen and USB port and see if they will do an RMA for you.

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »

The tablet cannot be returned for a refund, but it still does have a warranty and your unit does have a problem. Please send me a PM or email with your order number and I will have an RA created.

idbl_fanatic

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »

The tablet cannot be returned for a refund, but it still does have a warranty and your unit does have a problem. Please send me a PM or email with your order number and I will have an RA created.

I got the RMA, but now I have to pay shipping back? C'mon now...........

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »

OK, don't pay it.....
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 04:04:27 PM »

Maybe you can try another X10 rep or post your issue on facebook.  Or else its a painful lesson to keep in mind the next time you order from X10 if ever.

I got the RMA, but now I have to pay shipping back? C'mon now...........
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.