Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX36A recorded for around two hours then stopped  (Read 1685 times)

OverlordRhode

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XX36A recorded for around two hours then stopped
« on: March 27, 2013, 10:33:54 AM »

I set it up to record yesterday, leaving the computer on. When I woke up, it stops around 1:30am, which means it only recorded for just over two hours.

Is this some sort of limitation?  I need it to record through the entire night.
The computer does not go to sleep due to idleness.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: XX36A recorded for around two hours then stopped
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »

I set it up to record yesterday, leaving the computer on. When I woke up, it stops around 1:30am, which means it only recorded for just over two hours.

Is this some sort of limitation?  I need it to record through the entire night.
are your recording to your computer hard drive or SD CARD.

There is a limit. depends on the amount of ram in your computer or size of sd card.

If you rec
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:35:29 PM by richy2 »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »

Is this some sort of limitation?  I need it to record through the entire night.

I am not aware of any recording time limit. Are you using 3rd party software to record or are you using the camera's built in utility?

OverlordRhode

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:15 PM »

I am using the built in, activex page that is in IE to access the camera. It would separate the files into about 50  minute segments, and did so for about two hours and then thirty minutes into the last file, it stopped. And didn't record the rest of the night night.

I now have installed the IP cam Client software that I found here.  I'm going to see how it records.
However, the files that it does create, has a strange gimik.   The .mjeg file it creates thinks it's 30fps when whatever the IP cam client software recording at isn't; So for each second, you see all the frames real fast, then pause, movement, pause, movement, pause.

I cant attach a example here to show you, but hopefully that makes sense. The activex client in IE did not do that strange thing. Either way, it shows me all the fames it recorded, just in a stange manor.
Thanks again for the help; I've had my tires slashed twice in the last two weeks and this is my solution.

OverlordRhode

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 11:50:04 PM »

Any idea mods?
I still have the weird slowdown effect. It's set to full speed but in the IPCamera program it still isn't recording at that full speed and gets worse as time goes by. I have an amazingly fast computer, I'm not worried about that. I'm a tech nerd.  A quad core 3.7ghz i7 processor with 12gb of DDR3 ram with three separate hard drives would not be causing it to slow down over time.

I can try using the activex program again in the morning, that way if it does quit again after a couple hours I don't lose footage just in case something does indeed happen.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.