Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Creating New Smart Macros for AHP 3.318  (Read 10501 times)

gpdx10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Creating New Smart Macros for AHP 3.318
« on: November 29, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »

My old XP Computer on which I have been running AHP with the smart macro plug in for many years crashed a while back. Because I did not have my AHP backed up on the drive I thought it was, I lost the program and the "myhome" file.

I came to this forum and found that AHP 3.318 was available. I down loaded it and it worked but I have to make sure to use lamp modules that are the "older with no soft start."  I rebuilt the myhome file however there was a problem, I needed conditional macros to ensure that lights triggered by motion detectors do not come on during the day, that chimes triggered by other motion detectors do not come on at night, and a few other conditional macros. Then I found on this forum that the Marmitek software does support creation of smart macros so I downloaded that. Much to my frustration I could not find an European module that emulates the “Older Lamp no soft start” that I required. So what I did was take the myhome file I re-created in AHP and opened it with the Marmitek software. I then added the conditions I needed to the macros I had created in AHP. Now I closed out the Marmitek and reopen the myhome file with AHP and viola the smart macros and conditions are still there!!!!!! Oh Happy day…..

I did have to go through all the modules again in AHP and make sure they were the “no soft start” modules and check the other appliance module to make sure they were operating correctly, but hey I seem to have everything I want. I know this is a cumbersome way of accomplishing this and this may have been covered else ware in the forum -if so I apologize- but I just wanted to share what has worked for me if this procedure is of use for someone else.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Creating New Smart Macros for AHP 3.318
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »

It is a cumbersome way of getting it done but for now that is what users need to do unless they have a old drive with a working AHP installed and registered on it.
I have created a tool which users can use to recreate a registered AHP and any plug-ins they had registered.
Sadly this wouldn't have helped you.
However I hope to have a new version of this tool shorty that will register at least AHP and the main plugins that don't require a x10 server.
You can read more about it here: http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.0
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

gpdx10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Creating New Smart Macros for AHP 3.318
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:42:35 AM »

Thanks Tuicemen you sharing your knowledge has been invaluable in helping me to figure out a way to keep my system running. I look forward to the day you are able to release a full unlocked AHP with all plug-ins. Keep plugging away, your efforts are most appreciated.  #:)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.