Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Welcome to the WIFi module section!  (Read 34365 times)

Rman1159

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Welcome to the WIFi module section!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 10:09:45 AM »

I ordered my WM 100 yesterday, I have had x-10 devices for years and am glad to hear that I will be able to control them beyond the controller. Can we use the app on our smart phone from anywhere? Probably a dumb question but I'm not sure and my hub will be here tomorrow, I hope.

Rman1159

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 10:22:33 AM »

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 02:53:39 PM »

......... Can we use the app on our smart phone from anywhere?.....

I tested my app on my iPhone from a traffic light the other night. When I got home... the lights I turned on.... were ON.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

no57

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 11:13:26 AM »

My order is still on its way, but I managed to pseudo "install" the Android app by scanning the QR code on the main X10 page. Still pretty useless but now I have a better understanding of the app layout  :)

My unit was shipped USPS, which is fine with me, it will be handed to Canada Post, and the most I will be charged is sales tax. A lot less than the default "Corporate tax" that other carriers disguise as "Customs Clearance Fees"  >*<

HA Dave

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 01:04:37 PM »

My order is still on its way, but I managed to pseudo "install" the Android app by scanning the QR code on the main X10 page. Still pretty useless but now I have a better understanding of the app layout  :)

And.... a great solution for anyone who loses their sheet that came with the unit. The manual may always be around.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 01:11:56 PM »

You will have to revert to factory and scan the QR code of your module when it arrives as each is unique  and for the specific module.
With that in mind don't install all your modules as you'll only need to do it over.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Rman1159

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 11:10:53 AM »

Received my Hub last night, and within 10 minutes I had my Ipad and my Android phone running the app. Everything was so easy to set up and create timers and add modules. It operated perfectly and so quickly. As I pulled into work my outside lights on a timer shut off and it showed it on my phone. Conned to wifi at work it operated everything at home as I hoped it would. Wow what a win this hub is for me. as I have so many X-10 devices. Perfect replacement to the CM15a.

I'm so happy
                                                                                      Rman1159

no57

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 04:32:27 PM »

You will have to revert to factory and scan the QR code of your module when it arrives as each is unique  and for the specific module.
With that in mind don't install all your modules as you'll only need to do it over.
 >!

Even though I had the menus, I could not of course install devices and rooms and such, since the setup is stored in the WM-100. But that let me have a pretty good idea of the options available. I just reset the app to factory settings when the WM-100 arrived.
It just came in this afternoon. I gave it some time to acclimate inside (it is a frisky -9°C outside), installation was a breeze.I installed the latest firmware and I was good to go.
I had some apprehension about X10 signal strength, but even though I have the WM-100 controller plugged in the same power bar as my computer, I was able to control devices trough the house. I will see how my setup with timers and dawn/dusk goes through the next 24 hours.

BackAgain

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 03:50:30 PM »

When they get it under $50, call me.  'Til then, it ain't happenin'

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 04:33:13 PM »

Hate to tell you, but you can't buy a used CM15A off eBay for under $50.  I too miss the days of the 10-modules-for-$50 specials, but X10 stuff ain't that cheap anymore, and this new device is well worth more than $50.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2018, 05:27:53 AM »

There is someone with the old X10 "good means cheap" mentality.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

HA Dave

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »

There is someone with the old X10 "good means cheap" mentality.

Yeah.... there was a time. On it's way down... the original X10 really slashed prices. I remember buying stuff I thought I might never need.... simply because it drove down the "per-unit price" of X10 items. Everyone loves a bargain.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 12:12:23 PM »

There were even better bargains to be had as IBM, RCA, et al were desperately emptying their warehouses of X10 hardware to avoid any further association with them and their X-rated ads. I paid $5 for a kit that included the IBM version of a CM11A, an RR501, a Palmpad and a lamp module, IIRC.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

thpmoson12

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 03:07:16 AM »

I ordered my WM 100 yesterday. I've been buying X10 products since the early 90s I have some wall switches connected yet but I have boxes of new stuff unopened that I picked up on the bargain sales in hopes of a new technology to control them so I'll be revisiting the x10 experience. #:) :)% . Now I just hope they got Alexa working with this WM100 not that I have to buy another one in six months or so

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 03:46:34 AM »

An Alexa skill is one of the first things the developer is to look at once all the bugs are worked out of the current App. You will not need another newer WM100 for that. >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.