Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Can not connect wifi Unit WM100  (Read 26164 times)

astrothug

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Can not connect wifi Unit WM100
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2018, 02:27:47 PM »

i unplugged everything from my outlets in the house and only had a networking up. still didn't work. like i said my CM15A had no issues and my tm751 has no issues with sending a signal Only the VM100 WiFi unit, the signal strength is not strong enough to  send along the power lines, both are going back...   B:(

astrothug

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2018, 02:42:53 PM »

here is a video....  B:( B:( https://youtu.be/SOunbZbGmgs

Oh for God's sake man.... there isn't anything pluged into the module!

Your "listening for the transceiver to click" and it only does that when triggered by RF. The WM100 is PLC. Plug a light or radio or soemthing into the module (NOT the one with the antennaa) and let your WM100 turn it on/off.
yes  the sound you are hearing is the appliance module and not the  tm751 as you first thought..  ;)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »

The TM751 responds to the CM15 because the CM15 will send an RF signal. The TM751 has never worked with PLC, it wasn't designed to. The TM751 receives RF and retransmits PLC, but it can't receive the PLC.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »

The TM751 responds to the CM15 because the CM15 will send an RF signal. The TM751 has never worked with PLC, it wasn't designed to. The TM751 receives RF and retransmits PLC, but it can't receive the PLC.

Correct! The way to test this setup would be to place the appliance module and the WM100 on the same powerstrip/bar. Unless the line noise is overwhelming that should work fine. Then the next effort would be to track down the noise.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

astrothug

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2018, 03:28:25 PM »

thanks guys for all the help, i was so excited for this to work,  as I have like so many of you have many  x10 modules,  >! if i have line issues then its a bigger thing then I can handle, and my Cm15A or CM19a in conjunction with the TM751 can handle most of what i need, was hoping for easier google home or Alexa integration. if it cant even turn something on from the same outlet i cant use it.

again thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:31:43 PM by astrothug »

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2018, 03:34:06 PM »

Yeah, but we hate to see you give up.

On the other hand, I wish the WM100 had RF
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2018, 03:41:37 PM »

........if i have line issues then its a bigger thing then I can handle.....

You have an issue. As in one. Although I can't guarantee you have a small and/or limited problem.... the odds are in your favor. Often times (most often) a noise problem is something as simple as a worn-out flickering old fluorescent light, a drill charging in the garage, a laptop brick, or some other single source noise generator... or maybe two. You can do this. 

astrothug

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2018, 03:52:40 PM »

ok.. yes i have unplugged most everything in house and still have issues,  then its bigger then I can handle and with WiFi modules at 10.00 to 15.00 a pop, getting a refund for a product that does not work for me is a no brainier. i can get 10 wifi modules that will work with Google home or Alexa...

HA Dave

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2018, 03:56:31 PM »

Without sophisticated equipment....

Get a known working appliance module turned on with a portable radio plugged into the module playing loud enough you can hear it as your walk around the home (and from the breaker box). Also make sure the WM100 and the Appliance module with the radio was on the same circuit.   

Then from the breaker box... shut down one circuit at a time (but NOT the circuit with the WM100 and module with the radio). After each additional circuit is shut off.... use your phone/table remote to test if the MW100 can shut off the module with the radio.

Once you find you have control of radio using your phone/table remote and the WM100. Turn all the circuits back on except the one when things started working. Visit every outlet and switch in that circuit until you find the likely source of the noise. Remove the suspected noise source(s) and re-test. Repeat the process if needed.

astrothug

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2018, 04:03:57 PM »

Without sophisticated equipment....

Get a known working appliance module turned on with a portable radio plugged into the module playing loud enough you can hear it as your walk around the home (and from the breaker box). Also make sure the WM100 and the Appliance module with the radio was on the same circuit.   

Then from the breaker box... shut down one circuit at a time (but NOT the circuit with the WM100 and module with the radio). After each additional circuit is shut off.... use your phone/table remote to test if the MW100 can shut off the module with the radio.

Once you find you have control of radio using your phone/table remote and the WM100. Turn all the circuits back on except the one when things started working. Visit every outlet and switch in that circuit until you find the likely source of the noise. Remove the suspected noise source(s) and re-test. Repeat the process if needed.
i will try this tomorrow morning ... i will let you know how it all goes...

HA Dave

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2018, 04:06:16 PM »

i will try this tomorrow morning ... i will let you know how it all goes...

>!

astrothug

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 06:38:04 AM »

Well top of the morning gentleman,
 I followed HA Dave advice, and did everything at breaker box, plus uninstalled TV's and anything in a plug,  and turned of all lights in house,  my daughter and I then with App in hand and a light on a controller, walked around house testing out power lines. didnt matter what area of the house or room, with all breakers off except the router the wifi until still could not send a code, I have exhausted every avenue that i possibly could take with the VM100  >*< It will be going back in the mail with the other one. for a full refund.

To bad I had high hopes, maybe in the next integration on the next unit  in 5 years. lol

thanks again

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:01:56 AM by astrothug »

HA Dave

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 07:01:24 AM »

....... dint matter what area of the house or room......... the wifi until still could not send a code, I have exhausted every avenue ......

You gave it a great effort... and a fair shot. Thank you very much for both working with us.... and for reporting back your results. I am sorry I wasn't more helpful. You and I, did our best.

astrothug

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 07:02:47 AM »

>! sure did ... and that all we can ask for..

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 09:43:08 AM »

A couple thoughts:

• Have you configured the module as an old style or new style appliance module?  If configured as a new style module, it may be transmitting extended commands to turn it on and off, but old modules won't react to them.
  • What type of power bar are you using?  Many have RF filtering which could be attenuating the signal to the point where it is marginal.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.