Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SC9000 X10 Security Console and HomeGenie  (Read 12318 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: SC9000 X10 Security Console and HomeGenie
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2019, 03:09:32 PM »

Success  :)% the trick is to learn the arm code first. The disarm code doesn't need learning with the corresponding arm code already learned. Like wise the Panic code doesn't need to be learned to the security console if arm is learned first.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2019, 03:12:23 PM »

Each security remote has its own RF string your arm code will work if it is learned into the security console.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2019, 03:34:58 PM »

Petera You may wish to post how you found the arm/disarm strings since you started this thread.
My method doesn't always show the full code string and this is most likely where users give up.
I've been able to learn and use codes from two different SH624 palm pad style security remotes as well as two different keyflobs.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2019, 04:04:45 PM »

Take your time. I just want to put my findings into logical sequence before I put a comprehensive guide together.

My first recommendation for anyone setting up their X10 Security console with HG is to do a complete reset of the console BEFORE adding any security sensors or remotes into HG. The reason I suggest this is that enrolling the sensors and remotes into HG can be done in paralell with enrolling on the console which will effectively give you a HG virtual security console and ensure that all RF codes are effectively read correctly by HG and HG assigns the correct modules to each. Saves a lot of troubleshooting later. In fact it is possible to enrol HG as a keyfob remote as long as the keyfob is not already enrolled. You'll never have to worry about your keyfob batteries going flat again

It's vital the setup is done correctly and users are clear step by step how to achieve this. I want to avoid users using incorrect settings and spending hours trying to make things work as happened with the whole RF Send fiasco in the first place.

It's vital now to stress that users do NOT need the Broadlink to achieve this.

If you remember many months ago i explained to you how to read an RF code into HG. That method hasn't changed. Just create an X10 switch, select Remote, enable IR, click on the little eye and either press the relevant button on your remote till the hex code appears in the box beside the eye or press the tamper in the case of a sensor and there you have it's associated RF code. You can read any RF code you like this way.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »

If you remember many months ago i explained to you how to read an RF code into HG. That method hasn't changed. Just create an X10 switch, select Remote, enable IR, click on the little eye and either press the relevant button on your remote till the hex code appears in the box beside the eye or press the tamper in the case of a sensor and there you have it's associated RF code. You can read any RF code you like this way.
Actually that never worked for me.
It may have been that that never revealed the full code string.
When I get time I'll start with a fresh HG install  and try again as not to screw with my current setup.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 06:13:59 PM »

Actually that never worked for me.
It may have been that that never revealed the full code string.
When I get time I'll start with a fresh HG install  and try again as not to screw with my current setup.

I can only assume the reception on your X10 controller is poor. That would account for partial code reads. Make sure you are close enough to it when trying to scan in either your remote or sensors hex code. The scan times out in 5 seconds so try toggling the switch quickly to improve your chances of a good read. Also make sure there are no other RF signal suckers that might block the scan.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 06:38:02 PM »

Nope even right next to it I don't get the full code with a SH624 however I can type in the complete code.
I do get the complete code using a security key flob however this will not arm or disarm my console. B:(
sending the code via
Code: [Select]
http://(homegenieaddress)/api/HomeAutomation.X10/RF/Control.RfSend/(code) works
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 08:33:55 PM »

Nope even right next to it I don't get the full code with a SH624 however I can type in the complete code.
I do get the complete code using a security key flob however this will not arm or disarm my console. B:(
sending the code via
Code: [Select]
http://(homegenieaddress)/api/HomeAutomation.X10/RF/Control.RfSend/(code) works

Just so I’m clear here. I provided an example of an Arm and Disarm code to be entered into a Wizard Script and saved as a program. When saved and the program is enabled when you run it does it Arm or Disarm your security console.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 09:25:15 PM »

Just for clarity I'll repeat the steps to send an Arm and Disarm RF Send code DIRECTLY from HG to your security console via your CM15 or CM19

In Homegenie select

Configure->Programs->Security->Actions->Add new program->Enter new program name->(give your program a name and press Ok)->Program Code->Add Command->X10->RF(Sensor)->Send RF command->29 98 97 06 F9 61 80 When that code is entered into the value box select Done. Now select Actions->Save->Back. Now make sure you Enable the program by clicking the triangle mark to the right of the file name until the button to the left of the file name turns yellow. Now click on the file name and select Actions->Run and all going well your console should arm.

Repeat the steps above for the arm program. The only thing you need to do is replace the hex code I supplied above with the following 29 98 97 86 79 61 80 and save this one under a different name. This should Disarm your panel.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2019, 06:41:02 AM »

Thanks petera,  I've not created a program as yet, only tested with the web call to test your findings and my own codes sniffed out.
It will be a few days before I can get back to this.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2019, 08:41:09 AM »

As mentioned already this is purely about sending an RF Send command INSIDE the HomeGenie application to Arm/Disarm an X10 Security Panel. The external method of doing this via a web browser has already been proven to work. I wanted to ensure that HG users are aware that it is possible to Arm/Disarm their X10 Security Panel from inside HG and that no additional hardware is required other than a CM15.

Regarding hex codes there are plenty of methods out there to sniff RF codes from your X10 Security Panel.This can also be achieved from within HG once you have your system functioning correctly.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2019, 09:46:17 AM »

Just to finish off this post.This is basically a graphical representation of the functionality of the SC9000 Security including fully functioning Keyfob remote in HomeGenie. If you use the HomeGenie app you have full control of your X10 Security panel both at home and away.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »

Just to go one step further in the security program add your arm program in the option of running program when armed and run your disarm program when disarmed.
This way your arm and disarm programs don't need to be visible on your HG page just the HG Security Alarm System program.
I finally got around to doing this and it works like a charm. :)% :)%
 Thanks again petera for digging into this and posting your results. >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2019, 02:06:54 PM »

Just to go one step further in the security program add your arm program in the option of running program when armed and run your disarm program when disarmed.
This way your arm and disarm programs don't need to be visible on your HG page just the HG Security Alarm System program.
I finally got around to doing this and it works like a charm. :)% :)%
 Thanks again petera for digging into this and posting your results. >!

So can you finally confirm that you can Arm/Disarm your x10 Security Panel from inside HG without the aid of a Broadlink. I just want to close this subject on GitHub and the HomeGenie Club. I don’t want these posts to become ramblings.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2019, 03:04:17 PM »

Yes this definitely works with the North American DS7000. I don't have a newer security console but the same codes should work in newer models.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.