Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: CM15A Problem- Seems to get Stuck "on"  (Read 9158 times)

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: CM15A Problem- Seems to get Stuck "on"
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 04:40:18 PM »

Exactly. Here's a rough diagram of what happens if the porch light has an X10 switch set to E1:

Alexa, turn on porch light --> Smartenit Skill --> P2 Hub sends E1-On.

Of course, any other controller in the house will receive the E1-On as well which can trigger whatever else you'd like to have happen or the P2 Hub can do other things as defined in the 'Automation Rules' that you create.  Unless you're using HG for things other than just X10 control the P2 Hub can handle all the schedules/macros itself.

Exactly as I thought. In that case HA Bridge is not necessary in this setup and should be disabled. Only adding unnecessary processes in the system. I’m now wondering if in fact two sets of devices have been discovered by Alexa. One set by Smartenit and one set by HA Bridge. After all HA Bridge acts as Bridge for the Alexa discovery service.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 04:51:57 PM »

Yes, that's my thought too - and my personal experience when migrating from Alex10 to the PiAlexaHub and finally to the P2 Hub.  That's why I made the suggestion I did earlier today.
 On the first migration I learned that the Alexa app must be cleared lest there be two competing entries that would result in a failed command.  Unless cleared completely as described earlier I found that the old entries could be spontaneously rediscovered!  That was 2 years ago so perhaps that's been fixed.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 05:11:53 PM »

Yes, that's my thought too - and my personal experience when migrating from Alex10 to the PiAlexaHub and finally to the P2 Hub.  That's why I made the suggestion I did earlier today.
 On the first migration I learned that the Alexa app must be cleared lest there be two competing entries that would result in a failed command.  Unless cleared completely as described earlier I found that the old entries could be spontaneously rediscovered!  That was 2 years ago so perhaps that's been fixed.

You need to delete the Alexa devices one by one in your Alexa account and not as a bulk delete in order for Alexa not to see them again. As I mentioned if Smartenit has taken over the Alexa bridge function it’s important not to have another bridge operating on the network. So disable HA Bridge, go to Alexa account and delete devices individually and run the Alexa discovery service.

Moose

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 07:33:00 AM »

All of the devices associated with HG seem to be gone from Alexa. HG and HABridge are off. Individual commands through Alexa to Smartenit Devices are working fine. But, I had created 2 "Routines" in Alexa to control 2 sets of devices. A few hours after Re-Discovery, Alexa forgets them. I just took a look in the Alexa app. The Routine Titles are still there, but all the "Actions" have disappeared.

I would like to find a way to control a group of devices from within the Harmony, the way I did with HG.

When everything was "working" with HG and the Harmony, yes there were 2 sets of devices, and for the most part, they co-existed nicely. So I have dropped from 25 devices to just 15.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 07:47:18 AM by Moose »

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 07:52:00 AM »

All of the devices associated with HG seem to be gone from Alexa. HG and HABridge are off. Individual commands through Alexa to Smartenit Devices are working fine. But, I had created 2 "Routines" in Alexa to control 2 sets of devices. A few hours after Re-Discovery, Alexa forgets them. I just took a look in the Alexa app. The Routine Titles are still there, but all the "Actions" have disappeared.

When everything was "working" with HG and the Harmony, yes there were 2 sets of devices, and for the most part, they co-existed nicely. So I have dropped from 25 devices to just 15.

They’ll coexist until Amazon do a firmware update. The HA Bridge functionality will then break and that’s when your problem starts. Unlike registered skills like the one you have in your Smartenit hub these firmware updates kill emulators like HA Bridge. As it is now you no longer need the HA Bridge so leave it disabled. That should solve most of your issues.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2021, 07:57:02 AM »

I don't own a smartenit but if you can create scenes in it then create one with all the modules you want turned on. Then in Alexa have her discover scenes they should get discovered.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Moose

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 08:27:24 AM »

I tired creating a "Scene" but I did not have an appropriate "Controller" to trigger the Scene. So, at Brobin's suggestion, I tried the Alexa Routine. Perhaps Brobin can help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2021, 09:04:17 AM »

OK create a device group in Alexa , add your named X10 devices you wish to it and give it a name.
then just say, Alexa turn on/off (Group Name)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2021, 09:27:33 AM »

I tired creating a "Scene" but I did not have an appropriate "Controller" to trigger the Scene. So, at Brobin's suggestion, I tried the Alexa Routine. Perhaps Brobin can help.

When you you don’t have an appropriate "Controller" what controller are you referring to. Is it the Smartenit hub or you CM15. Which is the priority here, Alexa or X10

brobin

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2021, 10:17:11 AM »

The 'Scenes' function in the P2 Hub is only for Insteon devices but you can essentially do the same thing by creating an Automation Rule. You can create a dummy X10 device to use as a trigger.

For example, define an Appliance Module as "Office Lamps" and assign it X10 code 'N1' (or whatever) and save it.

Next, create an 'Automation Rule' called 'Office Lamp Scene' or whatever you like.

In the 'When' section select 'ANY' condition, tap '+' then 'Device Status' and choose the 'Office Lamps' device you created earlier, then tap 'Is on' and 'Everyday' and 'Save.' The Summary will say 'Every day when Office Lamps is On.'  You could also add a daily sunset +/- condition here as well (that's why I said choose ANY instead of ALL conditions).

Now, in the 'Then do' section tap '+' then select a device and follow the prompts to turn it on and set the dim level as appropriate, tap 'Save.'  Repeat for each device in the scene and 'Save.'

Have Alexa discover devices to find the new 'Office Lamps' device and you're done.  Tell Alexa to "turn on office lamps" and all the actions in the Automation Rule will happen. Give it a try!

Moose

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2021, 11:35:50 AM »

When you you don’t have an appropriate "Controller" what controller are you referring to. Is it the Smartenit hub or you CM15. Which is the priority here, Alexa or X10

I asked Brobin that question I while back. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31349.0

brobin

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2021, 11:59:06 AM »

I asked Brobin that question I while back. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31349.0

The "appropriate controller" is a misnomer as the controller is appropriate for scene control of Insteon Scenes but not X10.  So it'd be more accurate if the error message said there were no appropriate devices.  For X10 devices, scenes can be created under 'Automation Rules' rather than 'Scenes' which are only available for Insteon.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2021, 12:14:13 PM »

I dare not mention this but if the broadcast service is enabled in HomeGenie, the Smartenit hub should discover its devices. Again it’s trying to determine where the priority will be placed on the setup. HomeGenie will do all scenes, macros, timers and automations that any setup would need. If it’s just about Alexa leave things as they are.

I do suggest that if anyone wants the best of both worlds that’s simple to setup and use I’d go the Homeseer Hometroller route. Based around the Raspberry Pi 3 it has everything anyone would need for both the novice and the advanced user. While X10 is no longer supported the slack has been taken up by a very knowledgeable community. I can confirm that the CM11, CM15 and the CM19 will all work. At least twice a year they have a half price sale https://shop.homeseer.com/products/homeseer-pi-smart-home-hub

Moose

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2021, 12:36:36 PM »

Any guesses as to why/how Alexa just "forgot" all the "Actions" that I had put into the Routines? :) B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2021, 12:42:00 PM »

Any guesses as to why/how Alexa just "forgot" all the "Actions" that I had put into the Routines? :) B:(
If the modules you had in the routines were from modules HA-Bridge was handling when you deleted the device they would be removed from a routine.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.