Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Powerhorn SH10A  (Read 14608 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Powerhorn SH10A
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 10:59:03 PM »

I also have the complete software package with all the plugins and USB controller.. ...........You know, honestly, I'm not even sure why I bought the software portion.

If by "all the plugins and USB controller" you mean the AHP (with the CM15A).... you have an awesome piece of home automation equipment there. Although... I can't think of any interesting ways to use it with the equipment you have.... thus far. Maybe someone else might.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

dax702

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 11:06:03 PM »

yes, the activehome pro, onalert, myhouseonline, smart macros, the whole deal.. and yes, the usb interface too. I mainly bought the system because there have been a lot of burglaries in our neighborhood lately so I wanted to do something to protect the house better than not doing anything at all...I'm not sure that I even need the computer stuff, but maybe I do.

HA Dave

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 12:27:50 AM »

.........I wanted to do something to protect the house better than not doing anything at all...

I think cameras can be a great deterent to break-in's.

dax702

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 03:02:15 AM »

really? I didn't think they would be simply because the guy can break the camera, or just see it and not BE seen by it...maybe I'm wrong on that?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 06:46:57 AM »

The CM15A USB Interface and software is where the macros come into play. You can use a motion sensor or any X10 powerline signal to trigger the macro. Like your motion sensor
on lets say H1 can then cause a macro in the CM15A to send the House/Unit codes needed to turn on and off things or send the On/Off sequence to trigger a Powerhorn Siren Module.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »

really? I didn't think they would be simply because the guy can break the camera, or just see it and not BE seen by it...maybe I'm wrong on that?
There are visible and hidden cameras. In a good video setup even if a camera is spotted and compromised, it most likely has already captured the potential burglar's picture and recorded it or even emailed it to you.
Any system can be compromised. The object is to reduce the odds that one will invade your house and steal from or injure you or your family. I'd much rather my $600 camera be damaged and me be still alive. I'll have video to pass on to the police.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

HA Dave

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 04:13:46 PM »

.............The object is to reduce the odds that one will invade your house and steal from or injure you or your family.

I give steven r a helpful for that one. Deterring a would be burglar is the way to go. I have even started a thread about keeping them (burglars) outside.

There are many "lists" of known methods to prevent break-ins. Although alarm systems are high on the list... they are nether the beginning or the end to home security. Not only do I use cameras, to deter break-ins, I even announce it to trespassers. You can see a video of [that includes] the warning system at my Web Site.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:14:00 AM by Dave_x10_L »

dax702

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 05:41:20 PM »

But for the camera to be effective, wouldn't you have to be recording on a tape somewhere 24 hours a day? I'm in a one story house and placed one motion detector in the dining room on the wall so it sees the big window in that room, plus it sees the front door and anyone coming down the hallway. So that seems to be working well, but yes that is if they're already inside.. I live in a community and all the houses are close together so there's always a lot of motion so it isn't practical to have a motion sensor outside the house set off the alarm because I think it'd be going off all the time with cars going by, people walking on the sidewalk, etc.... I have all the doors and windows covered with the door/window sensors. I'm thinking about also getting a glass break sensor for the big window and sliding glass door, but those are 3rd party and just sound at the source..Kind of hard to secure this kind of house.. In the x10 videos, they always show a big house that isn't close to other houses. I don't have a yard, either..
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.